PDA

View Full Version : Prostar 190 1995 speedo

Prostar_190
05-02-2011, 06:52 AM
Hi,
The speedo on my prostar 190 1995 model has stopped working. I have checked the wiring from the dash and there is no corrosion and the connections appear to be fine. I have only had the boat a couple of months and still getting to know how it works. Any ideas of what the problem may be, or what should be checking?
Cheers

mayo93prostar
05-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Assuming this is a regular Airguide speedo and not perfect pass, the speedo is driven by air pressure from the pitot pickups in the rear of the boat. Check the pitots, the tubing from them, the metal tubs in the back by the gas tank and the rubber hose connection to the back of the speedo. You can blow a little air in the pitot and have a second person see if the gauge moves but be gentle or you risk damaging the gauge.

Jorski
05-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Pitot is most likely clogged...with silt or clay.

Get a large safety pin or a paper clip and use the end to poke in the whole in the pitot.

If it is cleared, you should be able to blow on the tube inside of the boat and see bubbles coming out of the pitot.

Prostar_190
05-03-2011, 06:47 AM
The boat is fitted with perfect pass, which is still fine.
Where can I find the pilot?
Cheers

CantRepeat
05-03-2011, 06:57 AM
Assuming this is a regular Airguide speedo and not perfect pass, the speedo is driven by air pressure from the pitot pickups in the rear of the boat. Check the pitots, the tubing from them, the metal tubs in the back by the gas tank and the rubber hose connection to the back of the speedo. You can blow a little air in the pitot and have a second person see if the gauge moves but be gentle or you risk damaging the gauge.

This is the place.