PDA

View Full Version : X45 new boat question.... Swim platform movement

bblomquist
05-02-2011, 01:04 AM
Alright... My 10 year old son was standing in the swim platform getting ready to try his hand at wake surfing... The boat was in neutral and at idle... All the sudden he collapsed in pain... He got his toe up under the space between the hull and the platform... The platform has some play... And it pinched his toe.... Bad! After I got him calmed down I went back there... And the platform moves quite a lot while the boat is stationary in the water... And the boat is gyrating up and down in the water over undulations from other passing boat's wakes. Upon looking at it closer back at the dock on the lift... I see the platform attaches with clips and it has some play.... Has anyone else had this happen? I don't see where I can make an easy adjustment. Any ideas here?

Huskie05
05-02-2011, 01:50 AM
First of all sorry for your son's accident and I hope that he is ok. Just called a couple of the kids in and asked if ours does that. Accourding to my kids, it does move a little, not a lot, maybe a half an inch, MAYBE.... enough for a little toe though. We have a 2011 X55 with the fiberglass deck. Thanks for the heads up, I will tell my kids to watch it. Pretty sure my fat sausage toes could not make it thru the opening. i would imagine the teak decks have a little play as well.

CantRepeat
05-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Mine moved up say an inch at the tail end. Do you have the transom saver on it? I don't think there is enough room to get a toe for finger in there but I will keep an eye it now.

Sorry about your boy. I hope it isn't bad.

kskonn
05-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Mine moved up say an inch at the tail end. Do you have the transom saver on it? I don't think there is enough room to get a toe for finger in there but I will keep an eye it now.

Sorry about your boy. I hope it is bad.

You hope it is bad? man that is hard core;)

Huskie05
05-02-2011, 12:16 PM
You hope it is bad? man that is hard core;)

He meant really bad! :)

CantRepeat
05-02-2011, 12:27 PM
He meant really bad! :)

No I meant really really bad! :(

I hope it isn't too bad. lol

stewvette
05-02-2011, 12:55 PM
I was able to take the slop out of my platform by buying a larger pin and drilling out the holes in the platform brackets to make a tighter fit.

meg
05-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Careful with larger pin-I did on my x30 and the bracket broke!!!

Cobra Rob
05-02-2011, 05:04 PM
On my 45 the platform moves but I am not sure how much play. I know I need to fix the part where it actually screws into the brackets from the bottom of the platform. I noticed previous owner replaced with wrong screws allowing for even more movement than just the pin area. I don't think it has ever been an issue but I don't normally stand where you would be on top of the area between platform and boat..

Thrall
05-03-2011, 01:19 AM
Shouldn't have that much play. My old 190 was pretty sloppy, but not the 06.
If you don't remove the platform all the time, try shimming where the platform slides into the transom mounts. Wedged mine pretty tight on the 190 with some sliced up beer cans when we were on the lake for a week straight and not taking the platform off.
If your's is a fold down platform, disregard, but shouldn't be too tough to see where the slop is and remedy it.