PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden Is Dead!!!!!!!!!!

DooSPX
05-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Finally, one of the worlds most dangerous and sick people is dead!! US confirmed the DNA and has his body! Now we just have to get all of his generals! What great news to end the day!!!!!!!!

mtajpa
05-02-2011, 12:13 AM
This makes the world a little bit better today.

east tx skier
05-02-2011, 12:15 AM
Wow. I'm in disbelief. It has been a long time coming.

hbomb
05-02-2011, 12:48 AM
from Australia............
well done boys !!!!!!!! simply the best news ever!!!

Kevin@MWMC
05-02-2011, 12:59 AM
Congrats to the Spectacular US Military for finally killing this bast@rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
05-02-2011, 01:19 AM
Thanks God, but now I fear a resurgence of attacks will spike at least in the near future.

BriEOD
05-02-2011, 06:42 AM
I'm in disbelief. It has been a long time coming.

Who are you, doubting Thomas?

Hope he and Hitler enjoy hell together.

tex
05-02-2011, 08:28 AM

Well said! Thanks to you BriEOD!!!

73blue
05-02-2011, 08:38 AM
2 quotes that seem appropriate this morning

"We want this war over with. The quickest way to get it over with is to go get the b@stards who started it." -General George S. Patton

"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." - Mark Twain

atlfootr
05-02-2011, 08:53 AM
HELL YEAH!
But seeing is believing .... show us his body!
http://www.npr.org/2011/05/02/135905649/bin-laden-from-millionaires-son-to-most-wanted

aquaman
05-02-2011, 08:59 AM
A big Thank you to our US Military who keep America Free.

87MCProstar
05-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Way to go Seal team 6!

east tx skier
05-02-2011, 10:06 AM

Wrote that about 2 seconds after finding out. Waited nearly 10 years for this news. Needed time to process. Didn't bother to update my post.

I hope they don't enjoy hell. I hope it's pretty miserable for them, frankly.

CantRepeat
05-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Fact: If you attack America, at some place and at some time you WILL DIE! Victory baby, VICTORY!

http://mikesell.net/deadosama.jpg

captain planet
05-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Wow, they finally got the 'boogey-man'. What will be the justification for the next 10 years of war and massive military spending?

So, does this mean that we can bring all of our boys and toys home from the middle east now?

JimN
05-02-2011, 10:19 AM
HELL YEAH!
But seeing is believing .... show us his body!
http://www.npr.org/2011/05/02/135905649/bin-laden-from-millionaires-son-to-most-wanted

They can only show photos, now. He was buried at sea.

JimN
05-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Wow, they finally got the 'boogey-man'. What will be the justification for the next 10 years of war and massive military spending?

So, does this mean that we can bring all of our boys and toys home from the middle east now?

Do you really think the radical Muslims will just stop fighting and go home? Don't bet on it for a micro-second. They're going to ramp up their anger and I suspect they'll go ape shyte in the coming months. I just hope our people are able to fend off the wave of suicide bombers that will be trying to avenge his death. The threat level was raised after the announcement for good reason- these nut jobs will not go away.

CantRepeat
05-02-2011, 10:29 AM

You don't think 9-11 is enough justification to continue to fight them "there" so we don't have to fight them "here"?

captain planet
05-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Do you really think the radical Muslims will just stop fighting and go home? Don't bet on it for a micro-second. They're going to ramp up their anger and I suspect they'll go ape shyte in the coming months. I just hope our people are able to fend off the wave of suicide bombers that will be trying to avenge his death. The threat level was raised after the announcement for good reason- these nut jobs will not go away.

They are already home. So, is there a reason they conveniently dumped his body in the ocean....assuming it was him. I mean, you kill the guy you have been after for 10 years with the most powerful military force in the history of mankind, then you get rid of the body right away? Doesn't make sense. I know it is early in this so I haven't dug into it, but this expedited disposal of his body just puts up red flags to me. :confused:

CantRepeat
05-02-2011, 10:35 AM
I know it is early in this so I haven't dug into it, but this expedited disposal of his body just puts up red flags to me. :confused:

I too would have like to have seen him wrapped in bacon. :D:D

captain planet
05-02-2011, 10:37 AM

Ahh, very creative.

JimN
05-02-2011, 10:41 AM
They are already home. So, is there a reason they conveniently dumped his body in the ocean....assuming it was him. I mean, you kill the guy you have been after for 10 years with the most powerful military force in the history of mankind, then you get rid of the body right away? Doesn't make sense. I know it is early in this so I haven't dug into it, but this expedited disposal of his body just puts up red flags to me. :confused:

I was up at 3:30 and the report said that he was treated in the Muslim tradition and buried at sea. I think it's odd, too, but the photo of his face after the raid did look an awful lot like him. Well, other than the destroyed eyes, bullet holes and mess. The photos and videos of him over the years showed that he had stained teeth and the death photo showed that they were very white- that concerns me but he was rich enough that he could afford high quality dental care so,....

Stating that he has been buried at sea could just be a diversionary tactic to draw out the new leader and his minions, too. Now, they have to get al Zawahiri.

JimN
05-02-2011, 10:42 AM

Why use bacon? Bacon makes everything better. I think they should have wrapped him in pork entrails.

DooSPX
05-02-2011, 10:49 AM

do not forget about sadam!
they can al seek their 72 virgins in the burning pit of hell.

1redTA
05-02-2011, 10:52 AM
He was buried at sea because Saudi Arabia his "homeland" was offered his body and they told us No Thanks

I too believe pork entrails would be a fitting wrap for his remains. Maybe we should round up the plauge of wild pigs in the US, put them on a C-17 and air drop them to muslim extremist

Achmed The Dead terrorist
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCEQtwIwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DhEI 5js4RCpc&ei=7Le-TcWWEIeWtwepvJHiBQ&usg=AFQjCNED48OXwnAV4KvhpQNxiMGeB917PA

73blue
05-02-2011, 10:56 AM
I'll admit I had my doubts too, but there's no way they would take a chance on this. All binladen would have to do is appear somewhere and this administration goes down in flames. If he's not dead, he's in some secure location being tortured. Either way is ok by me

captain planet
05-02-2011, 11:20 AM
I was up at 3:30 and the report said that he was treated in the Muslim tradition and buried at sea. I think it's odd, too, but the photo of his face after the raid did look an awful lot like him. Well, other than the destroyed eyes, bullet holes and mess. The photos and videos of him over the years showed that he had stained teeth and the death photo showed that they were very white- that concerns me but he was rich enough that he could afford high quality dental care so,....

Stating that he has been buried at sea could just be a diversionary tactic to draw out the new leader and his minions, too. Now, they have to get al Zawahiri.

Is he one of the #2's that we haven't gotten yet? Seems we have been good at getting the #2 guy for a while.

I guess this is Obama's campaign re-election speech?

Quote of the day....from Texas......"I loosened it" - g.w.bush

DemolitionMan
05-02-2011, 11:28 AM
I would like to see him dragged through the streets of New York.

aquaman
05-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Is he one of the #2's that we haven't gotten yet? Seems we have been good at getting the #2 guy for a while.

EVERY Obama speech is a Re-election speech. :rolleyes:

Barefooter92
05-02-2011, 01:57 PM
They can only show photos, now. He was buried at sea.

I like to call it DUMPED at sea. Buried at sea gives some hint of respect.

I say cover his a$$ in bloody chum and dump it. Now that is a youtube that would go viral.

Great job Special Teams! Thanks for our Freedom!

mart_it
05-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Bin Laden's not even charged for 9/11.

Sensationalism at its best!!

CantRepeat
05-02-2011, 03:25 PM

OBL admitted to his role in 9-11. But, I couldn't really care any less about that. He's dead and that is the only thing that matters. :D

aquaman
05-02-2011, 03:28 PM

I agree, it smells fishy.

But it is the way Obama does things.

He takes credit for 10yrs of pursuit by the hard working US military, dump the body in the name of Muslims, then go play golf. :rolleyes:

mart_it
05-02-2011, 04:04 PM
OBL admitted to his role in 9-11. But, I couldn't really care any less about that. He's dead and that is the only thing that matters. :D

Agreed!

Now I hope your president get's his troops back in your country and stops f%$%ng with the middle east.

ShamrockIV
05-02-2011, 04:10 PM
I would like to see the body. I am not fully sold on him being dead. Sure makes for good news and I am surte it will be the cornerstone of the next presidential election.

KnoxX2
05-02-2011, 04:27 PM
Sorry but things don't add up here!!!!

milkmania
05-02-2011, 04:34 PM
New York Daily News said it best.........

JimN
05-02-2011, 05:13 PM

One of the #2s? He IS #2 in al Qaeda. Or, was. He's now the top dog.

scott023
05-02-2011, 05:14 PM

WTH would the US show courtesy towards this man and give him a burial that follows muslim tradition??? Make zero sense to me.

TX.X-30 fan
05-02-2011, 05:14 PM

You have to be kidding. So who bombed the buildings Bush???

TX.X-30 fan
05-02-2011, 05:16 PM
WTH would the US show courtesy towards this man and give him a burial that follows muslim tradition??? Make zero sense to me.

Because we are a christian nation not a bunch of animals like he and his ilk. I too would like to see worse for him but its not in our nature.

TX.X-30 fan
05-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Agreed!

Now I hope your president get's his troops back in your country and stops f%$%ng with the middle east.

Please let us run our own foreign policy, not like your kicking in anything to protect North America.

scott023
05-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Because we are a christian nation not a bunch of animals like he and his ilk. I too would like to see worse for him but its not in our nature.

You're kidding, right? Not being a smart alec, but everybody has the ability to be animals. Even the Americans. Just seems the SOB didn't deserve any courtesy whatsoever.

CantRepeat
05-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Agreed!

Right, we can fight them there or here. I prefer there.

scott023
05-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Please let us run our own foreign policy, not like your kicking in anything to protect North America.

You must be refering to the poster and not the nation he lives in...

east tx skier
05-02-2011, 05:23 PM

Well put. Plus, you drop him in the drink and there is no martyr's shrine for his lunatic followers to visit.

scott023
05-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Well put. Plus, you drop him in the drink and there is no martyr's shrine for his lunatic followers to visit.

Great point Eastie.

Ski-me
05-02-2011, 05:36 PM

I think this is one of the "key" reasons they dropped him in the sea.....

JimN
05-02-2011, 05:47 PM

The US wouldn't, unless they were concerned with being everyone's friend and you know who thinks that way, right?

TX.X-30 fan
05-02-2011, 05:50 PM
My guess is it was less than an elaborate toss over the stern.

JimN
05-02-2011, 05:54 PM

"Wasn't charged"? He was considered to have masterminded the '93 World Trade Center AND 9-11 attacks, as well as the USS Cole, Lebanese barracks and the embassy bombings. He had a $25M bounty on his head. The fact that he "wasn't charged" in a US court doesn't matter because he didn't plan the attacks here, he didn't actually carry them out and he has never been in the US, AFAIK. There's no extradition treaties with most countries when it comes to terrorist attacks and we were foiled by Congress and peoples' attitudes when it came to going in and getting him. Pakistanis wouldn't have helped much if at all, the only tribal leaders who would have were already PO'd at OBL and he's still seen as a hero, so getting people to trust the US beyond the current limits would have been almost impossible.

JimN
05-02-2011, 05:55 PM

Maybe they could drop one into the Marriannes Trench of one of the other incredibly deep locations. At 20K feet, they would just about fill it.

east tx skier
05-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Maybe they could drop one into the Marriannes Trench of one of the other incredibly deep locations. At 20K feet, they would just about fill it.

More sharks where they left him.

JimN
05-02-2011, 06:24 PM
More sharks where they left him.

In your opinion, is there really much difference between calling it 'burial at sea' or 'chumming for sharks'?

TX.X-30 fan
05-02-2011, 06:36 PM
In your opinion, is there really much difference between calling it 'burial at sea' or 'chumming for sharks'?

Depends on whether they opened up on him with the deck gun after the heave-Ho...:D

Hoosier Bob
05-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Wait a minute, Canada is a Nation? I thought it was just a place Americans went to strip clubs and fish! :DYou must be refering to the poster and not the nation he lives in...

TX.X-30 fan
05-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Wait a minute, Canada is a Nation? I thought it was just a place Americans went to strip clubs and fish! :D

This should help our friends to the north...........

Attendez une minute, le Canada est une nation? Je pensais que c'était juste un endroit Américains sont allés à la bande de clubs et de poissons!

Hoosier Bob
05-02-2011, 07:19 PM
You sound sexy when you speak the language of love!;)This should help our friends to the north...........

Attendez une minute, le Canada est une nation? Je pensais que c'était juste un endroit Américains sont allés à la bande de clubs et de poissons!

TX.X-30 fan
05-02-2011, 07:25 PM
:blush:........

captain planet
05-02-2011, 07:37 PM
I agree, it smells fishy.

But it is the way Obama does things.

He takes credit for 10yrs of pursuit by the hard working US military, dump the body in the name of Muslims, then go play golf. :rolleyes:

Everyone I have spoke with today says the same thing. I'm just trying to figure out why now? What is advantageous to have gotten him now? Something doesn't add up. I'm suprised they didn't let the Afgan rebels go in after him again....now we don't have a boogey-man anymore.....the MIC stands to lose a lot of money over this.

aquaman
05-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Everyone I have spoke with today says the same thing. I'm just trying to figure out why now? What is advantageous to have gotten him now? Something doesn't add up. I'm suprised they didn't let the Afgan rebels go in after him again....now we don't have a boogey-man anymore.....the MIC stands to lose a lot of money over this.

I don't think Obama chose NOW. I think they have known where to find BinLaden but have been holding back. I suspect with overwhelming evidence they were forced to take him out NOW for political reasons.

Obama has proven he will do nothing to protect America.....so, we know Obama did this for himself or friends. Most likely the former because his polls are in the tank.

DooSPX
05-02-2011, 07:47 PM

Stu, its no use trying to argue with some people... They will believe whatever they want to. These extremists views from our own people sicken me.
As you so very well put, We as a nation are Christian, not a bunch of cowards that hide behind women and savage animals killing thousands such because they twisted the words in their own religious book.
Well, most American's anyway... Though their are a few that believe our government is out to get us and hijacked our own planes and bombed our own towers, killing over 3,000 American's.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

DooSPX
05-02-2011, 07:50 PM
The stupidity of people is unbelievable!!

DooSPX
05-02-2011, 07:51 PM
I don't think Obama chose NOW. I think they have known where to find BinLaden but have been holding back. I suspect with overwhelming evidence they were forced to take him out NOW for political reasons.

Obama has proven he will do nothing to protect America.....so, we know Obama did this for himself or friends. Most likely the former because his polls are in the tank.

Some quotes from Obama's two books! How American's can be so blind is beyond me!

I bought and read Audacity of Hope. It was difficult to read considering his attitude toward us and everything American. Let me add a phrase he use to describe his attitude toward whites. He harbors a "COIL OF RAGE". His words not mine.

THIS IS OUR PRESIDENT
Is anyone out there awake?

Everyone of voting age should read these two books: Don't buy them, just get them from the library.

From Dreams From My Father:

"I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."

From Dreams From My Father :
"I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race."

"There was something about her that made me wary, a little too sure of herself, maybe and white."

"It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

"I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself: the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela."

And FINALLY ............ and most scary:

From Audacity of Hope:

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

TX.X-30 fan
05-02-2011, 07:52 PM

How did we get DNA in less than 24 hours on an aircraft carrier??

As a friend of mine also said, how did all the kids celebrating get giant flags at night that quick? :D

Hoosier Bob
05-02-2011, 08:10 PM
You mean I am going to stay this color? Navin R Johnson!:D

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
05-02-2011, 08:13 PM
How did we get DNA in less than 24 hours on an aircraft carrier??

As a friend of mine also said, how did all the kids celebrating get giant flags at night that quick? :D

You would be suprised what an aircraft carrier can do in 24 hrs.

TX.X-30 fan
05-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Is it odd that overwhelmingly liberal college campuses had so many impromptu celebrations?

east tx skier
05-02-2011, 08:16 PM

Yes, I think there's a difference in what you call it. Diplomacy is important in an ongoing war. It benefits our servicemen and women not to anger more religious zealots than already despise the United States. We ought not worry about angering those that do since they will not be satisfied regardless of what we do (and, indeed, they're not' they're mad because his head isn't bobbing toward Mecca). No reason to worry about them other than to make sure our troops are alert and prepared and keeping their heads on a swivel to protect themselves.

The goal is, of course, have this appear as it is, a matter of justice as opposed to a holy war. So we have him on the open sea, nobody really wants to have him on the boat, they have the Islamic cleric or equivalent go through the rituals of that faith or see that they are done and the formalities are taken, and the body is dumped over the side.

From there, if the sharks rip it to pieces, so be it. Sharks will be sharks. The fact that there is no grave, of course, benefits us and surely played a huge part in the decision to deep six him. Having him under dry land is nothing but trouble.

east tx skier
05-02-2011, 08:18 PM
You would be surprised what an aircraft carrier can do in 24 hrs.

Custom program the equipment for what you're trying to match (large family, DNA information shouldn't be hard to acquire) and, as I understand it, you can have it done in under an hour.

I'm no expert, but that seems reasonable. Just an expensive endeavor. That's why you don't seen the paternity test places doing the quick turnaround stuff.

TX.X-30 fan
05-02-2011, 08:21 PM
I bet they have already mummified him and he is being stored at area 51......:D

east tx skier
05-02-2011, 08:41 PM
I bet they have already mummified him and he is being stored at area 51......:D

TOP men.

You might be right. Let's not discount the fact that they might have dumped a sack of potatoes overboard. I mean, let's face it, some Bin Laden post mortem audio tape is bound to surface.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-M0CHTweO-3Q/TYybYDc6ETI/AAAAAAAAADA/_iAUKRWxx0s/s1600/Indiana%2BJones%2BWarehouse.jpg

CantRepeat
05-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Reporter Q: Can your senior intelligence official or yourself -- can you tell the world anything about the last moments alive of Osama bin Laden? Did he die peacefully? Did he die violently? Can you tell us anything about his last moments?

SR. INTELLIGENCE OFFICIAL: He died during a firefight, Barbara.

JimN
05-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Custom program the equipment for what you're trying to match (large family, DNA information shouldn't be hard to acquire) and, as I understand it, you can have it done in under an hour.

I'm no expert, but that seems reasonable. Just an expensive endeavor. That's why you don't seen the paternity test places doing the quick turnaround stuff.

IIRC, some of OBL's relatives gave their DNA not long after 9-11, possibly as a condition of them being taken out of the US so quickly and because of that, the US was able to determine if the person killed is related. I wouldn't be surprised that the US and some other countries have equipment that can match DNA in such a short time.

mart_it
05-02-2011, 10:40 PM

Have you ever read about the reasons they attacked you in the first place?
They attacked you because you've been over there bombing Iraq for the last 15-20yrs.

.....If you misbehave and continue misbehaving around the world, there WILL be people around the world who won't like the United States.........PERIOD! That's just common sense.

BTW, I'm not worried about Al-Qaeda bombing my country, I don't see the point in participating in the war you started.

CantRepeat
05-02-2011, 10:52 PM
They attacked you because you've been over there bombing Iraq for the last 15-20yrs.

.....If you misbehave and continue misbehaving around the world, there WILL be people around the world who won't like the United States.........PERIOD! That's just common sense.

BTW, I'm not worried about Al-Qaeda bombing my country, I don't see the point in participating in the war you started.

Yeah, we know. You would have let Hitler live too.

So what you're saying is just let Saddam run all over the middle east killing people like Hitler and just sit back and watch him do it.

We did that once before and it took far to long to get involved back then. We learned. Maybe you should do some learning too.

Hopefully your country grows some fu cking back bone and does something for someone else at some point.

Until then, just be the coward you are. PERIOD!

If not for the US you wouldn't be speaking French you'd be speak German.

There's always some dude that wants to turn this back on the US. Kiss my @ss and stop buying US made boats if we are so bad.

east tx skier
05-02-2011, 11:05 PM

I'm not going to get in the way of your internet fight, but 15--20 years bombing Iraq? How is that even remotely accurate. I'm not sure if Iran was even shooting in their direction that long. I think you may have meant to say that Bin Laden was terribly offended that American soldiers were allowed to set foot in Saudi Arabia during the period of months that comprised Desert Storm.

Again, you guys go have your internet fight. But let's try to get a little close with the facts. I'd hate to have someone citing this for a future internet duel.

Carry on.

Maristar210
05-02-2011, 11:07 PM

How conveinient? French Canadiens like you have enjoyed the benefits of freedom provided by others for decades and still you slap the hand that allows you to walk the street and enjoy an esspresso all the while judging a policy that you never had the balls to consider. I would rather you said thank you but that will never happen.

If you ever consider a trip to the USA you are not welcome. I hope your Mastercraft sinks

CantRepeat
05-02-2011, 11:09 PM
If you ever consider a trip to the USA you are not welcome.

Perfect. ;)

mart_it
05-02-2011, 11:30 PM
I think you may have meant to say that Bin Laden was terribly offended that American soldiers were allowed to set foot in Saudi Arabia during the period of months that comprised Desert Storm.

That's what I meant.

east tx skier
05-02-2011, 11:38 PM
That's what I meant.

Oh.

The United States and many other nations were there with the permission of the Saudi government trying to push the Iraqi army out of Kuwait after it invaded Kuwait in 1990.

So your point is that the United States had it coming for setting foot in Saudi Arabia with that government's permission for that purpose?

Just want to be sure.

Because, you know,

(Wait for it).

(Here it comes).

The other countries that participated in Desert Storm were, to name a few, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Australia, New Zealand, France, Britain, Spain, Greece, Germany, Poland, Netherlands, and Canada.

Bin Laden's supposed grounds for his war on this country was effective in convincing a lot of people to goose step behind him. But those grounds were, to oversimplify it, a personal problem.

And he got what he deserved in the end.

D3skier
05-02-2011, 11:41 PM
DAYUM!!!! I was thinking the same thing... when has Canada ever done anything to protect anything? It's always the good ol' USA that has to take control of these global situations and these morons don't care who they bomb so you might want to keep on your toes.

JimN
05-02-2011, 11:42 PM

So the fact that some of the 9-11 terrorists came in through Canada doesn't make a difference? As great an ally as Canada is and has been, mistakes were made in several countries that cost a lot of people their lives and some of those mistakes were on your soil, like it, or not. US foreign policy has been carried out by brute force in a lot of cases but who is it that comes to everyone's aid in an emergency? Oh, yeah- it's the US.

Maristar210
05-02-2011, 11:43 PM
I have the deceased photo from a "friend" taken last night if you want to see it PM me.

He's wearing a T-shirt that says "Thanks Quebec"

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAA

CantRepeat
05-02-2011, 11:43 PM
That's what I meant.

I can totally see how you meant to say stepping foot in SA was...

".....If you misbehave and continue misbehaving around the world, there WILL be people around the world who won't like the United States.........PERIOD! That's just common sense."

I assume you are one of "those" people that doesn't like the United States.

Remember, no trips to the USA. ;)

JimN
05-02-2011, 11:47 PM
DAYUM!!!! I was thinking the same thing... when has Canada ever done anything to protect anything? It's always the good ol' USA that has to take control of these global situations and these morons don't care who they bomb so you might want to keep on your toes.

In case you wanted to know the facts, Canada was there in WW I, WW II, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm and Enduring Freedom.

east tx skier
05-02-2011, 11:53 PM
In case you wanted to know the facts, Canada was there in WW I, WW II, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm and Enduring Freedom.

Thank you.

Nearly 10% of the internet is full of facts like these.

Mart IT,

Your fine Canadian troops were standing right there in Saudi Arabia with the U.S. troops. If al qaeda had attacked your country instead of ours, my bet is that you would have had our support however you decided to respond. Just a hunch.

By the way, our best to the over 2,500 Canadian troops serving in Afghanistan through this year.

Facts. The internet is full of them.

Hoosier Bob
05-02-2011, 11:58 PM
One opinion does not Canada make. This being said if he has this opinion maybe others do. Aren't we about done in the middle east? We could save a ton of money making war just north of here! Lol!:DI can totally see how you meant to say stepping foot in SA was...

".....If you misbehave and continue misbehaving around the world, there WILL be people around the world who won't like the United States.........PERIOD! That's just common sense."

D3skier
05-02-2011, 11:59 PM

did they actually do anything or just sit around the bunkers?

JimN
05-03-2011, 12:03 AM

They fought and died, just like our people. Look it up- it's in all of the history books.

east tx skier
05-03-2011, 12:17 AM

For starters, and in no particular order, 14,000 Canadian troops stormed Juno beach at Normandy on D-day in World War II. They have stood by us on many occasions before and since. They are respected allies by any informed measure despite the opinions some of the Canadian citizenry may hold.

pram
05-03-2011, 12:41 AM

who are you to call down any Canadian military person that has served/fought/died in the name of freedom

Next time your talking to your mother/sister/cousin (WE KNOW THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON) at CSM say hi from this canuck

mart_it
05-03-2011, 12:43 AM
So your point is that the United States had it coming for setting foot in Saudi Arabia with that government's permission for that purpose?
Yes, for leading the coalition. But who cares if you did have permission by the govmnt. Saddam was not part of that govmnt.

The other countries that participated in Desert Storm were, to name a few, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Australia, New Zealand, France, Britain, Spain, Greece, Germany, Poland, Netherlands, and Canada.

We did indeed participate in Desert Storm along with 30ish nations who were led by the US and the UK.
I totally agree with UBL getting what he deserved though...

I also think a lot of you are very ignorant and arrogant when it comes to foreign policies.
Stop getting ready to go to war, stop listening to all your dime a dozen politicians talking about how evil the middle eastern's are, and for god sakes, stop listenong to FOX news.

Oh ya......in 2012...Vote for someone who will get you out of your hole......Ron Paul FTW!

Hoosier Bob
05-03-2011, 12:43 AM
Oh they are pissed now! :D Calm down Prammy Doug and Jim gots your backs! :D

mart_it
05-03-2011, 12:47 AM

Next time STFU!

mallees
05-03-2011, 12:47 AM
Apparently Sir Elton John is working on a remake of one of his most famous songs for Osama's funeral - "SANDELS IN THE BIN”

pram
05-03-2011, 12:49 AM
Oh they are pissed now! :D Calm down Prammy Doug and Jim gots your backs! :D

P iss on that

I don't care what they say about that moron from quebec cause he's no better than that d3 idio t

but screw him and his bashing on my country

you wanna call him out for being stupid, that's fine by me

pram
05-03-2011, 12:51 AM
Next time STFU!

you should shut up you f'n moron

you give us canadians a bad image

you wanna voice your opinion, take it to a political thread on some other forum that's full of leftist frenchies like yourself and leave the balance of the Canadian population out of it

east tx skier
05-03-2011, 12:54 AM
Yes, for leading the coalition. But who cares if you did have permission by the govmnt. Saddam was not part of that govmnt.

We did indeed participate in Desert Storm along with 30ish nations who were led by the US and the UK.

I also think a lot of you are very ignorant and arrogant when it comes to foreign policies.
Stop getting ready to go to war, stop listening to all your dime a dozen politicians talking about how evil the middle eastern's are, and for god sakes, stop listenong to FOX news.

Oh ya......in 2012...Vote for someone who will get you out of your hole......Ron Paul FTW!

I thought we were talking about Saudi Arabia. You're back in Iraq. Bin Laden was pissed off about our being in Saudi Arabia, not Iraq. What's more, Bin Laden wasn't exactly friendly with Sadaam, who, in addition to being a horrible despot, was a secular ruler whose beliefs were not in line with Bin Laden's Islamic ideal state. But no reason to iterate. I am not going to try to interpret this argument further. If you want to rationalize the nonsensical actions of a terrorist or urge that my home country isn't entitled to declare his actions against us to be awful, troll on.

There is a lot of ignorance and arrogance afoot in this world. It can get pretty nauseating as can inaccurate hyperbole. Irony of the previous statement in this instance aside, I will take this opportunity to declare that I'm not a warmonger, I don't think Middle Easterners are inherently evil, and I do NOT watch Fox News.

I typically don't even bother posting in any remotely political threads, but what you posted was so far removed from historical fact that I got sucked in. Trying to figure out what in the world you meant. Now that you have explained yourself more fully, I am no less bewildered by the gaps in your argument.

Good luck with your "arrogant and ignorant American" generalities.

Hoosier Bob
05-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Ignorant is the word Pram. Canada has always been there but as noted above your dollar is better than ours right now and just maybe we can't afford to be the "World's Police" anymore. We might just have to start telling people we cannot "help" and pick up our guns and go home. ;) P iss on that

I don't care what they say about that moron from quebec cause he's no better than that d3 idio t

but screw him and his bashing on my country

you wanna call him out for being stupid, that's fine by me

Hoosier Bob
05-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Hey are we all skiing in the morning or what? I need a third and I don't care where the *ell he or she is from!:D

mart_it
05-03-2011, 12:59 AM
I can totally see how you meant to say stepping foot in SA was...

I like the US, I like Americans in general. In fact, I've met a lot of nice ppl in your country.

What you quoted is just common sense, If you fu** with others, there's a good chance you'll get fu**ed upon!

Hoosier Bob
05-03-2011, 01:01 AM
What if we just left everyone alone? Are you cool with that? :confused:I like the US, I like Americans in general. In fact, I've met a lot of nice ppl in your country.

What you quoted is just common sense, If you fu** with others, there's a good chance you'll get fu**ed upon!

east tx skier
05-03-2011, 01:25 AM
I like the US, I like Americans in general. In fact, I've met a lot of nice ppl in your country.

This is not an illogical truism.

But, it this instance, the thing that was noted to have set Bin Laden off was not our kicking Iraq around in defense of Kuwait in 1991. It was the mere fact that U.S. soldiers were present in Saudi Arabia, despite the fact that they were there with permission from the Saudi government. It was less about our farking with others than it was about his personal religious beliefs that infidels should not be on the holy ground of Saudi Arabia, despite what Saudi Arabia's leaders feelings to the contrary. It was not, at least in origin, about our farking with another country apart for leaving footprints.

thatsmrmastercraft
05-03-2011, 01:35 AM
Thank you Doug for dealing with this lone moron today. I have stayed out of this as my blood pressure would have hit the tilt level, and I just don't have the patience to deal with his kind.

milkmania
05-03-2011, 01:45 AM
WASHINGTON – Knowing there would be disbelievers, the U.S. says it used convincing means to confirm Osama bin Laden's identity during and after the firefight that killed him. But the mystique that surrounded the terrorist chieftain in life is persisting in death.
Was it really him? How do we know? Where are the pictures?
Already, those questions are spreading in Pakistan and surely beyond. In the absence of photos and with his body given up to the sea, many people don't believe bin Laden — the Great Emir to some, the fabled escape artist of the Tora Bora mountains to foe and friend alike — is really dead.
U.S. officials are balancing that skepticism with the sensitivities that might be inflamed by showing images they say they have of the dead al-Qaida leader and video of his burial at sea. Still, it appeared likely that photographic evidence would be produced.
"We are going to do everything we can to make sure that nobody has any basis to try to deny that we got Osama bin Laden," John Brennan, President Barack Obama's counterterrorism adviser, said Monday. He said the U.S. will "share what we can because we want to make sure that not only the American people but the world understand exactly what happened."

more:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110503/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_bin_laden_dna

91ps190
05-03-2011, 03:42 AM
Well, as a member from Canada, please ignore mart it, he is from quebec, not Canada. Thanks to the couple of Americans for pointing out Canada's involvement in world conflicts to the ignorant ones.

CantRepeat
05-03-2011, 06:48 AM

It's OBL not UBL (you probably have no idea who we are fighting in the first place) and I think you get too much of your information spoon fed to you by the Fox and Friends idiots. Do you know the difference between a Sunni or Shia? Also, did you know they see all of Western countries as the enemy, to include you? If given the chance they would kill Canadians in the street without regard to what level of participation in the war they've had. I think you don't have any clue as to what the war is about or why it is going on.

Personally I know you're just a troll and have no agenda other then trying to start crap. I would say up until the time you saw this thread you couldn't care less about the war or your Canadian Soldiers who have given their lives to this effort to end world terrorism. You're just some guy that goes about his life not giving a crap about anyone other then himself.

And still, for the record, keep your @ss out of the US and do not buy our products. Make a stand for what you believe in. boycott the hell out of us. Oh wait, that would impact you and you can't really be bothered with making a stand against evil, can you? Grow some back bone dude. Do something about the evil that is the USA.

Good day!

Oh and in general, I like Canada and have met some nice Canadians. You're just not one of them.

André
05-03-2011, 07:38 AM
... leftist frenchies ...

Way better then D3 and mart it.

Since 11 years,that is my first and last post in a political thread.

milkmania
05-03-2011, 08:39 AM
:popcorn:

where's my coffee? dammit

D3skier
05-03-2011, 09:06 AM
who are you to call down any Canadian military person that has served/fought/died in the name of freedom

Next time your talking to your mother/sister/cousin (WE KNOW THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON) at CSM say hi from this canuck

now there are big words from a true MORON!!! I'm not from the south so get that straight to begin with. Just because your an idiot and have no notable grounds to stand on it just goes to show that you are the perfect poster child for your can't fix stupid

east tx skier
05-03-2011, 09:30 AM
Way better then D3 and mart it.

Since 11 years,that is my first and last post in a political thread.

See you on the other threads, hopefully. Politics suck.

aquaman
05-03-2011, 09:30 AM
If Obama were a rooster, he'd be taking credit for the sunrise.

This is all about posturing for the election.

The military deserves the credit.

First the birth certificate, now Binladen.......BO is trying to save himself.

Not a coincidence.

east tx skier
05-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Some quotes from Obama's two books! How American's can be so blind is beyond me!

I bought and read Audacity of Hope. It was difficult to read considering his attitude toward us and everything American. Let me add a phrase he use to describe his attitude toward whites. He harbors a "COIL OF RAGE". His words not mine.

What's unusual is that these exact passages were referenced in an email that has been making the email rounds for some time and appear in context on snopes?

Jason, did you actually read the books. Did you know that one of these passages apparently doesn't appear in either of those books? If it was not in the books, where did you source it.

Admittedly, I have not read either of the books. I just ask because you state that bought and read both.

captain planet
05-03-2011, 09:52 AM

Probably not bush, he definately isn't bright enough to be a part of something like that. Cheney knew about it though.

JimN
05-03-2011, 09:52 AM

So, OBL should have been allowed to just live where he wanted, do what he wanted, and not be prosecuted? Are you insane? His own country didn't want him living there and other than countries where the government and a large number of people were sympathetic to his cause, he wasn't going to be pursued. Yemen and Syria didn't want him- what does that tell you?

You think the US deserved what we got AND think OBL got what he deserved? Pick one- you can't have it both ways.

FYI- "getting ready to go to war" is the same as having a standing military, which Canada and most other countries have. If you were to ask, only a small percentage of US citizens actually wanted the US to go to war. It's not the majority of Middle Eastern people who are the problem and it's not the goal of most of us to see the US in combat.

"Dime a dozen"? You're being awfully generous. As Gov. and Presidential candidate George Wallace said about Democrats and Republicans, "There's not a dime's worth of difference between them". The problem is that the people who want to be in government aren't the ones we need and the ones we need don't want to be in government.

Ron Grover
05-03-2011, 09:53 AM
You may want to read this article to refresh your memory about President Bush's efforts to capture Bin Laden.

Obama Succeeded Where Bush Failed: Osama Bin Laden Rhetoric And Reality

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/obama-bush-bin-laden-dead_n_856428.html

captain planet
05-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Yes, I think there's a difference in what you call it. Diplomacy is important in an ongoing war. It benefits our servicemen and women not to anger more religious zealots than already despise the United States. We ought not worry about angering those that do since they will not be satisfied regardless of what we do (and, indeed, they're not' they're mad because his head isn't bobbing toward Mecca). No reason to worry about them other than to make sure our troops are alert and prepared and keeping their heads on a swivel to protect themselves.

The goal is, of course, have this appear as it is, a matter of justice as opposed to a holy war. So we have him on the open sea, nobody really wants to have him on the boat, they have the Islamic cleric or equivalent go through the rituals of that faith or see that they are done and the formalities are taken, and the body is dumped over the side.

From there, if the sharks rip it to pieces, so be it. Sharks will be sharks. The fact that there is no grave, of course, benefits us and surely played a huge part in the decision to deep six him. Having him under dry land is nothing but trouble.

Truer words have never been spoken.

CantRepeat
05-03-2011, 09:57 AM
You may want to read this article to refresh your memory about President Bush's efforts to capture Bin Laden.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/obama-bush-bin-laden-dead_n_856428.html

Obama didn't kill OBL. He did not succeeded in anything. Last I check Obama didn't fast rope into anywhere. The Delta Operator that pulled the trigger succeeded.

TX.X-30 fan
05-03-2011, 10:08 AM

With a political bend such as this I would guess you only get your "facts" from your state run liberal left news or from CBS, NBC, MSNBC, ABC. Why not broaden your knowledge and seek the truth by getting the news from many varied sources then you could be far more informed. I find it funny when people have such hate for Fox news, is it because they make you think or they report more than just opinion, Watch NBC and see if they ever fairly or accurately report any event in the word, they don't because all they do is try and show their hero obama in a good light.

The huffington post.................Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa:rolleyes:

DooSPX
05-03-2011, 10:10 AM
What's unusual is that these exact passages were referenced in an email that has been making the email rounds for some time and appear in context on snopes?

Jason, did you actually read the books. Did you know that one of these passages apparently doesn't appear in either of those books? If it was not in the books, where did you source it.

Admittedly, I have not read either of the books. I just ask because you state that bought and read both.

No Doug, not entirely. I did read parts of one. That was multiple quotes from the email, including that first line. I forgot to add the quotes and did not give credit, my bad. I did go to my local library and read a few blips from "Dreams of my Father" and There are some quotes in that book that fall in line with the circulating email. It disgusted me and quit reading it. I could not find "Audacity of Hope", and I am glad. I do not think I can read that.

Sorry for the error and confusion.

TX.X-30 fan
05-03-2011, 10:10 AM

obama did nothing, huffington post I bet you hate Fox news too.............8p

captain planet
05-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Ignorant is the word Pram. Canada has always been there but as noted above your dollar is better than ours right now and just maybe we can't afford to be the "World's Police" anymore. We might just have to start telling people we cannot "help" and pick up our guns and go home. ;)

THat is a good thought....but it will never happen. The MIC would lose a bunch of money if we did that.

TX.X-30 fan
05-03-2011, 10:12 AM
MIC....................CP take off the foil hat.......:D

scott023
05-03-2011, 10:13 AM

Beat me to it. Thanks Jim.

scott023
05-03-2011, 10:15 AM

You really are an ignorant S O B, aren't you? Do a little research before you make yourself look like a complete idiot.

captain planet
05-03-2011, 10:16 AM
It's OBL not UBL (you probably have no idea who we are fighting in the first place) and I think you get too much of your information spoon fed to you by the Fox and Friends idiots. Do you know the difference between a Sunni or Shia? Also, did you know they see all of Western countries as the enemy, to include you? If given the chance they would kill Canadians in the street without regard to what level of participation in the war they've had. I think you don't have any clue as to what the war is about or why it is going on.

Personally I know you're just a troll and have no agenda other then trying to start crap. I would say up until the time you saw this thread you couldn't care less about the war or your Canadian Soldiers who have given their lives to this effort to end world terrorism. You're just some guy that goes about his life not giving a crap about anyone other then himself.

And still, for the record, keep your @ss out of the US and do not buy our products. Make a stand for what you believe in. boycott the hell out of us. Oh wait, that would impact you and you can't really be bothered with making a stand against evil, can you? Grow some back bone dude. Do something about the evil that is the USA.

Good day!

Oh and in general, I like Canada and have met some nice Canadians. You're just not one of them.

What products? Bullets and bombs? We don't make anything anymore.

CantRepeat
05-03-2011, 10:21 AM
You really are an ignorant S O B, aren't you? Do a little research before you make yourself look like a complete idiot.

Sometimes people don't have the facts and would rather make them up to fit their own BILL, just like politicians lol.

I don't know what role Canada had in the GWOT but there were some countries that were "part" of the force that didn't see any combat. South Korea is one of them. The entire South Korean force was in Arbil Iraq and operated a UN Compound.

captain planet
05-03-2011, 10:22 AM

Oops, sorry TX, I'll spell it out for you. Military Industrial Complex. Remember, Eisenhower warned us back before you were pooping yellow?

In case you missed it, here it is. I think at 1:40 the meat and potatoes of this speech takes words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

Have a good day TX. :wavey:

captain planet
05-03-2011, 10:28 AM
With a political bend such as this I would guess you only get your "facts" from your state run liberal left news or from CBS, NBC, MSNBC, ABC. Why not broaden your knowledge and seek the truth by getting the news from many varied sources then you could be far more informed. I find it funny when people have such hate for Fox news, is it because they make you think or they report more than just opinion, Watch NBC and see if they ever fairly or accurately report any event in the word, they don't because all they do is try and show their hero obama in a good light.

The huffington post.................Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaa:rolleyes:

Herein lies the problem with news today...OPINION. We don't need opinion...we need FACTS so people are FREE to make their own decisions. Instead we have what we have and people believe what they are told instead of having to think for themselves. But hey, a corporate run news world wouldn't slant the news in their favor to help their bottom line would they? :rolleyes:

aaron.
05-03-2011, 10:36 AM
canucks are real good at hockey. lol

buuuut, i want to see that mofo's corpse. I don't care how mutilated or nasty it looks, i want to see the photo.

I keep visualizing the end of Inglorius Basterds, when they riddle Hitler. Yeah, pretty awesome.

GT500 MC
05-03-2011, 10:43 AM

buuuut, i want to see that mofo's corpse. I don't care how mutilated or nasty it looks, i want to see the photo.

I keep visualizing the end of Inglorius Basterds, when they riddle Hitler. Yeah, pretty awesome.

DITTO!!!!!

east tx skier
05-03-2011, 10:44 AM

He's channeling Ike.

east tx skier
05-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Obama didn't kill OBL. He did not succeed[] in anything. Last I check[ed] Obama didn't fast rope into anywhere. The [Seal 6] Operator that pulled the trigger succeeded.

Without stretching this analogy out too far, you do believe Bin Laden was responsible for the 2001 attacks on this country as well as other attacks even though he was thousands of miles from where they took place, correct?

It's not as if anyone here is arguing that Obama pulled the trigger any more than Truman piloted the Enola Gay.

That aside, I am grateful that the decision was made to carry out this mission in the boots on the ground, eyes on the target, bullet in the head style in which it was carried out. Great credit and praise is due as well to the brave men who carried out the mission and their higher ups who planned it and trained them, not to mention the families of these fine people who support them. I am happy that the option to use a drone or a cruise missile was not chosen. Moreover, I am thankful that this mission was not outsourced to the Pakistani military. The world is a better place today as a results of all of the actions by all of those involved in this operation at every level.

DooSPX
05-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Without stretching this analogy out too far, you do believe Bin Laden was responsible for the 2001 attacks on this country as well as other attacks even though he was thousands of miles from where they took place, correct?

It's not as if anyone here is arguing that Obama pulled the trigger any more than Truman piloted the Enola Gay.

That aside, I am grateful that the decision was made to carry out this mission in the boots on the ground, eyes on the target, bullet in the head style in which it was carried out. Great credit and praise is due as well to the brave men who carried out the mission and their higher ups who planned it and trained them, not to mention the families of these fine people who support them. I am happy that the option to use a drone or a cruise missile was not chosen. Moreover, I am thankful that this mission was not outsourced to the Pakistani military. The world is a better place today as a results of all of the actions by all of those involved in this operation at every level.

I wish I had that lawyer in me to make speeches like that! 8p you certainly have a way with words!

east tx skier
05-03-2011, 11:05 AM
I wish I had that lawyer in me to make speeches like that! 8p you certainly have a way with words!

I'm just a guy on the internets. :)

You know what they say. Opinions are like aholes. Everybody's got one.

But my opinion is pretty and smells like roses when it whistles. ;)

Have a nice day everyone. Work to be done.

Tealchevy
05-03-2011, 11:10 AM
I have no doubt he is dead. But the only thing this changes is that it is giving all the "never forget" bumper sticker flag waving "patriots" "justification" (in their minds) for the TRILLIONS of dollars spent in the middle east and THOUSANDS of US soldiers and HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS civilian lives lost over the past 10 years.

If you really think that this whole "WAR" has been about saving the middle east and capturing the man "responsible" for 9-11, and not about MONEY, WEAPONS, MONEY, OIL, MONEY, and more OIL you are the reason why our Government is able to do whatever it wants, kill whomever it wants, and spend whatever it wants at the cost of the well being of this ONCE great Nation.

Bin Laden is dead.....But there are thousands of men just like him. Think about 10 years ago when this started, the 7 or 8 year old boys that are now young men. If all you knew was america bombing your city, killing your family, how would you think/act towards america? Granted they may not be "right" in thinking that way but they are only human.

captain planet
05-03-2011, 11:22 AM
I have no doubt he is dead. But the only thing this changes is that it is giving all the "never forget" bumper sticker flag waving "patriots" "justification" (in their minds) for the TRILLIONS of dollars spent in the middle east and THOUSANDS of US soldiers and HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS civilian lives lost over the past 10 years.

If you really think that this whole "WAR" has been about saving the middle east and capturing the man "responsible" for 9-11, and not about MONEY, WEAPONS, MONEY, OIL, MONEY, and more OIL you are the reason why our Government is able to do whatever it wants, kill whomever it wants, and spend whatever it wants at the cost of the well being of this ONCE great Nation.

Bin Laden is dead.....But there are thousands of men just like him. Think about 10 years ago when this started, the 7 or 8 year old boys that are now young men. If all you knew was america bombing your city, killing your family, how would you think/act towards america? Granted they may not be "right" in thinking that way but they are only human.

And LITHIUM....don't forget about the LITHIUM. :rolleyes:

JimN
05-03-2011, 11:31 AM
THat is a good thought....but it will never happen. The MIC would lose a bunch of money if we did that.

And, who pays the bills for the MIC?

JimN
05-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Herein lies the problem with news today...OPINION. We don't need opinion...we need FACTS so people are FREE to make their own decisions. Instead we have what we have and people believe what they are told instead of having to think for themselves. But hey, a corporate run news world wouldn't slant the news in their favor to help their bottom line would they? :rolleyes:

Especially when the CEO of GE (owner of NBC) is a member of Obama's cabinet.

JimN
05-03-2011, 11:39 AM

None of us needs to see OBL's corpse and it really won't make a difference if we believe he's dead, or not. That's the nature of covert operations and unlike all of the "spoken on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to comment" BS because PEOPLE CAN'T STFU WHEN THEY KNOW SOMETHING THAT NEEDS TO REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL, the people who carried this out know when they should speak, and when they shouldn't.

That was a movie. It's not real. Hitler killed himself, his bunker was bombed and they found the bodies later. Most US military wouldn't have unloaded their weapons into a corpse, regardless of whose corpse it was.

JimN
05-03-2011, 11:46 AM

If this had been outsourced to the Pakistani military, OBL would surely be alive and laughing himself silly at the headlines. Every time the US was close to him in the last 6 years, someone from the Pakistani military would let him know in advance and he got away. If Pakistan didn't know where he was, they're completely helpless. They knew and they need to be held accountable. Musharraf needs to be prosecuted and removed. That building is estimated as being 8 times larger than any other in the area. The US knew about the compound but not who was there. To me, it looked like it could have been used for something other than a residence and after seeing the video of the interior (it was a mess and not because of the raid), the media calling it a "mansion with a value of $1M" is a load.

east tx skier
05-03-2011, 11:48 AM
If this had been outsourced to the Pakistani military, OBL would surely be alive and laughing himself silly at the headlines. Every time the US was close to him in the last 6 years, someone from the Pakistani military would let him know in advance and he got away. If Pakistan didn't know where he was, they're completely helpless. They knew and they need to be held accountable. Musharraf needs to be prosecuted and removed. That building is estimated as being 8 times larger than any other in the area. The US knew about the compound but not who was there. To me, it looked like it could have been used for something other than a residence and after seeing the video of the interior (it was a mess and not because of the raid), the media calling it a "mansion with a value of $1M" is a load.

Musharraf resigned under threat of impeachment in August 2008 and is currently living in the UK. He is the subject of a February 2011 Pakistani issued arrest warrant concerning his involvement in the assassination of Benazir Bhutto.

JimN
05-03-2011, 11:54 AM
Musharraf resigned under threat of impeachment in August 2008 and is currently living in the UK. He is the subject of a February 2011 Pakistani issued arrest warrant concerning his involvement in the assassination of Benazir Bhutto.

I had forgotten he resigned but I still think he's lying when he says he didn't know where OBL was.

This just in, "Musharraf: U.S. violated Pakistan's sovereignity"
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/05/musharraf-us-violated-pakistan-sovereignity/1

CantRepeat
05-03-2011, 11:58 AM

And Truman was never boosted by Mr Tibbets' actions and it wasn't a seal in the house, it was a Delta Operator.

TX.X-30 fan
05-03-2011, 12:48 PM

Makes everything else you say just as ridiculous.

JimN
05-03-2011, 12:56 PM
And Truman was never boosted by Mr Tibbets' actions and it wasn't a seal in the house, it was a Delta Operator.

Well, there ya go- all of the news reports I have seen indicated that it was Seal Team 6 but IMO, releasing the real identities could potentially endanger that team if certain people knew who it was, so it makes sense to obscure the facts for dissemination.

captain planet
05-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Makes everything else you say just as ridiculous.

Why does that make it ridiculous? The civilian casualties are projected to be way into the hundreds of thousands? I'm curious about your remark and what you mean TX. Care to expand upon this?

east tx skier
05-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Why does my boat pull to the right?

captain planet
05-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Why does my boat pull to the right?

Well, you see that means your rudder is filed down on one side.............:)

BIGBADBLUE
05-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Anyone care to discuss that I bought a new X14V 5 weeks ago and it is still not launched yet?

TX.X-30 fan
05-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Why does that make it ridiculous? The civilian casualties are projected to be way into the hundreds of thousands? I'm curious about your remark and what you mean TX. Care to expand upon this?

Its just crazy, if there were that many where is the evidence and pictures? The place has been crawling with reporters since day 1 and we would have seen evidence. Same sh!tt was said in kosovo and croatia before we arrieved.

Where are the mass graves, its all left ACLU crapola.

Hey I bet they also say it all stopped when obama took control.:rolleyes:

CantRepeat
05-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Anyone care to discuss that I bought a new X14V 5 weeks ago and it is still not launched yet?

It's been in the 90s how could you have not launched the boat? :(

BIGBADBLUE
05-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Kids are always getting in the way ... Softball and baseball ... almost over.

Now back to OBL ...

east tx skier
05-03-2011, 02:38 PM
And Truman was never boosted by Mr Tibbets' actions.

That wasn't really my point. But there's not much benefit to society in our (you and me) getting to the bottom of this one. All the best to you, and I'll take your word for it on the Delta operator.

east tx skier
05-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Well, you see that means your rudder is filed down on one side.............:)

Marvelous. Wonder why they did that. ;)

aquaman
05-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Overheard in Wasington at The WhiteHouse......

BO said the killing of OBL was George Bush's fault. :D

Maristar210
05-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Somewhere Harold is laughing

Tealchevy
05-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Its just crazy, if there were that many where is the evidence and pictures? The place has been crawling with reporters since day 1 and we would have seen evidence. Same sh!tt was said in kosovo and croatia before we arrieved.

Where are the mass graves, its all left ACLU crapola.

Hey I bet they also say it all stopped when obama took control.:rolleyes:

So how many casualties do you think there have been since my "opinion" based on projections is "ridiculous"? You are a fool to think that we have been occupying an area for more than 10 years with trillions of dollars spent and thousands of american lives lost and not be into 100,000 civilian deaths.

Watch something, read something besides what fox or cnbc tells you. It doesnt take much. It is WAR. women, children, civilians, they all pay the ultimate price. And for you to think it doesnt happen and that the deaths are not up to the hundreds of thousands then you sir, are RIDICULOUS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNWOj_dFSR4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN7rRnmNUok&feature=related

CantRepeat
05-03-2011, 02:55 PM
That wasn't really my point. But there's not much benefit to society in our (you and me) getting to the bottom of this one. All the best to you, and I'll take your word for it on the Delta operator.

I know what your point is eastie. But, I will not allow a President to take any credit. For it was he and his other jackarse friends that were going to stop the pay of the Soldier who did the real work here. All he did was say, go ahead, kill him.

TX.X-30 fan
05-03-2011, 02:57 PM

Watch something, read something besides what fox or cnbc tells you. It doesnt take much. It is WAR. women, children, civilians, they all pay the ultimate price. And for you to think it doesnt happen and that the deaths are not up to the hundreds of thousands then you sir, are RIDICULOUS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNWOj_dFSR4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN7rRnmNUok&feature=related

The fool would be the person assuming something without having a clue Sir.

Feel free to side with the traitors in this country who enjoy portraying our brave men and women in the military as cold blooded killers of innocent people, I choose to believe the truth.

east tx skier
05-03-2011, 02:58 PM
I know what your point is eastie. But, I will not allow a President to take any credit. For it was he and his other jackarse friends that were going to stop the pay of the Soldier who did the real work here. All he did was say, go ahead, kill him.

I respect your right to your opinion.

CantRepeat
05-03-2011, 03:01 PM

Much love has come to the thread.

Now, why wasn't that x14v not launched in the southeast when it was 90?? :confused: I'm more confused by that.

TX.X-30 fan
05-03-2011, 03:10 PM

I respect you for your respect and I'm sure he respects the respect and duly respects that respect.

CantRepeat
05-03-2011, 03:14 PM
I respect you for your respect and I'm sure he respects the respect and duly respects that respect.

Took the words right out of my mouth! :D

east tx skier
05-03-2011, 03:25 PM

Easy there, Stu. I didn't call for a group hug.

Tealchevy
05-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Feel free to side with the traitors in this country who enjoy portraying our brave men and women in the military as cold blooded killers of innocent people, I choose to believe the truth.

I have 6 good friends are in/were in the armed forces. from navy to the marines. Two were in Fallujah, so don't give me that crap about traitors and portraying bull****. I get my "knowledge" of the war from the men that are/were over there getting **** done. I could care less what fox news has to say about the goddamn war. When I sit down and talk to someone about the invasion, a man who was there, who "didn't know" how many people he killed and him breaking down saying he just doesn't really know what happened. Do I judge him and think he is a cold blooded killer for what he did? NO, its war, its his job, HE is doing it for the better of his country. He knows it may be wrong but what is he to do? Its the people who sit back and play the game of war and becoming beyond wealthy off of it from a desk not caring how many people die in the process that should be labeled as cold blooded killers.

aaron.
05-03-2011, 03:28 PM
None of us needs to see OBL's corpse and it really won't make a difference if we believe he's dead, or not. That's the nature of covert operations and unlike all of the "spoken on condition of anonymity because they weren't authorized to comment" BS because PEOPLE CAN'T STFU WHEN THEY KNOW SOMETHING THAT NEEDS TO REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL, the people who carried this out know when they should speak, and when they shouldn't.

That was a movie. It's not real. Hitler killed himself, his bunker was bombed and they found the bodies later. Most US military wouldn't have unloaded their weapons into a corpse, regardless of whose corpse it was.

:rolleyes: no sh1t it was a movie (edit: a friggin awesome movie, i might add)

I just want to see that murdering f8cker in a box with a nice big hole above the left eye. I don't need anything to believe my President. This is just for personal satisfaction. I'm not the only person on this planet that wants some closure. Is that so wrong?

aaron.
05-03-2011, 03:31 PM
$1.7-Trillion of our tax moneys should at least buy us a photograph of the bastard. haha

Forrest-X45
05-03-2011, 03:53 PM

My Grandfather would agree with Prambold's first comment but probably chuckle at the second one.
He spent 6 straight years fighting in Europe during WWII and was at Normandy fighting for Canada. No tours for the Canadian soldiers so my Grandmother waited the entire 6 years for him to return not knowing if he was alive or not.
For those that don't know, Canada entered the war way before the US did. My Grandfather is 94 years old and still won't talk about the war and what he witnessed on the ground but he takes great pride in what they accomplished and never taking any credit for it. I think some should choose their words wisely before commenting on those from the "Greatest Generation" which includes our friends and family from the north.
He would never ask for your praise, just some respect........you can't imagine the amount of pride he has for both Canada and the USA.

thatsmrmastercraft
05-03-2011, 04:04 PM
A very touching sentiment that several members of this forum don't seem to be able to grasp.

CantRepeat
05-03-2011, 04:08 PM
I have 6 good friends are in/were in the armed forces. from navy to the marines. Two were in Fallujah, so don't give me that crap about traitors and portraying bull****. I get my "knowledge" of the war from the men that are/were over there getting **** done. I could care less what fox news has to say about the goddamn war. When I sit down and talk to someone about the invasion, a man who was there, who "didn't know" how many people he killed and him breaking down saying he just doesn't really know what happened. Do I judge him and think he is a cold blooded killer for what he did? NO, its war, its his job, HE is doing it for the better of his country. He knows it may be wrong but what is he to do? Its the people who sit back and play the game of war and becoming beyond wealthy off of it from a desk not caring how many people die in the process that should be labeled as cold blooded killers.

Posting about someone else's PTSD is pretty wrong brother. :( If he want us to know he would tell us in way that he confided in you. Here's a pro tip, don't talk about what Soldiers tell you with other people, they probably do not wish them to know.

I know I don't.

CantRepeat
05-03-2011, 04:11 PM
My Grandfather would agree with Prambold's first comment but probably chuckle at the second one.
He spent 6 straight years fighting in Europe during WWII and was at Normandy fighting for Canada. No tours for the Canadian soldiers so my Grandmother waited the entire 6 years for him to return not knowing if he was alive or not.
For those that don't know, Canada entered the war way before the US did. My Grandfather is 94 years old and still won't talk about the war and what he witnessed on the ground but he takes great pride in what they accomplished and never taking any credit for it. I think some should choose their words wisely before commenting on those from the "Greatest Generation" which includes our friends and family from the north.
He would never ask for your praise, just some respect........you can't imagine the amount of pride he has for both Canada and the USA.

/cheers to your granddad. A true hero he is and please thank him for me. For not for his kind we'd all be in a far worse place.

TX.X-30 fan
05-03-2011, 04:18 PM
6 out of 150,000 is anecdotal at best. The figure of 100's of thousands dead innocent civilians is as silly as global warming.

TX.X-30 fan
05-03-2011, 04:21 PM
A very touching sentiment that several members of this forum don't seem to be able to grasp.

Canada lover.............66187

Well said forrest.

thatsmrmastercraft
05-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Canada lover.............66187

Well said forrest.

Well, they are neighbors. :popcorn:

G-Star
05-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Sometimes people don't have the facts and would rather make them up to fit their own BILL, just like politicians lol.

I don't know what role Canada had in the GWOT but there were some countries that were "part" of the force that didn't see any combat. South Korea is one of them. The entire South Korean force was in Arbil Iraq and operated a UN Compound.

I'll just leave this here... http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/afghanistan/casualties/list.html

scott023
05-03-2011, 05:01 PM

Great post Forrest. My grandfather, who passed away this past December, served and fought in WWII. Spent a year in a German POW camp after his aircraft was shot down over occupied Europe. He keep a journal of each day he was there. Hate to think that there are some that aren't educated to know that both Canada and the US played major rolls in that war... seems that it's truely an injustice to those that gave everything they had for the greater good.

Forrest-X45
05-03-2011, 05:05 PM
/cheers to your granddad. A true hero he is and please thank him for me. For not for his kind we'd all be in a far worse place.

Thanks!

Agreed - this world we enjoy today would be quite different if it weren't for the efforts and sacrifice of the Greatest Generation.

TX.X-30 fan
05-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Yea but did Canada help in Grenada or the Falklands??????? Nooooooooooooooo!!!!

Forrest-X45
05-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Great post Forrest. My grandfather, who passed away this past December, served and fought in WWII. Spent a year in a German POW camp after his aircraft was shot down over occupied Europe. He keep a journal of each day he was there. Hate to think that there are some that aren't educated to know that both Canada and the US played major rolls in that war... seems that it's truely an injustice to those that gave everything they had for the greater good.

Scott - sorry to hear about your Grandfather. It is sad to think there will be a time when the true heros from this generation will be gone.

scott023
05-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Yea but did Canada help in Grenada or the Falklands??????? Nooooooooooooooo!!!!

Funny guy. I'm sure the American tropps needed help invading a country that has a population of 100K. :confused:

scott023
05-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Scott - sorry to hear about your Grandfather. It is sad to think there will be a time when the true heros from this generation will be gone.

Thanks Forrest. He really was a great man.

GT500 MC
05-03-2011, 05:27 PM

Still waiting for pics...

TX.X-30 fan
05-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Funny guy. I'm sure the American tropps needed help invading a country that has a population of 100K. :confused:

Listen here buddy it took from dawn to almost lunch time.......:D

captain planet
05-03-2011, 05:32 PM
The fool would be the person assuming something without having a clue Sir.

I'm getting wore out on this discussion as it is going in circles...but TX this comment is directly out of the hannity playbook of hiding behind the support for the troops. Of course we support the troops as they are people, our people. What is the TRUTH here is you refuse to believe innocent people have paid the price for our actions. People that have no argument with us whatsoever, now their lives have been destroyed or drastically been changed. And they are people, who put their shoes on one at a time, just like you and me. If you can't see that, I can't help you brother.

I can say this for sure, we are making many many enemies, a whole generation of enemies. We are making enemies with people who don't forget or forgive. If we were to be invaded and my family or friends were killed you can bet your *** I would spend the rest of my life trying to get back at them no matter the cost because it would be all I would have left to do. And since those are people over there who have lost families or friends, you can bet they will try their entire lives to get back at us for our actions.

Sweet dreams TX, enjoy hannity tonight.

Maristar210
05-03-2011, 05:37 PM
That fact of the matter is some of you liberal yahoo's watch way too much CNBC and do not deserve to own Mastercrafts. Moomba's? maybe. Mastercrafts??? Noooo way.

Especially MartyMart the Circle k clerk. KEYS PLEASE !!!!

Mod 1?

She's all yours :D

Sodar
05-03-2011, 05:40 PM
I have stood back cleaning up posts, deleting foul language and rewording posts for the last day or so because I think this is an important topic to discuss. Unfortunately, the thread has deviated and is no longer about the killing of an adversary.

I am locking it up.