PDA

View Full Version : How should a cover fit?

Ben
04-29-2011, 09:46 PM
I had a cover made for my 94, and just got it today, but am not happy with the fit. I wanted to see how others fit before assuming something is wrong, which I am currently doing...

My old cover (original one I think), fit nice and snug, the rope around the perimeter went just under the rubrail, allowing the cover to be "pulled down" tight since the rubrail made a nice wedge to tighen the cover against. It was tight as a drum and water ran off nicely.

My new cover (customer made by local shop who does most for another inboard dealer), is a lot looser. I raised the poles way up to try and get it snug, but is still is not very snug on the top, and I'm nervous it would get rain puddles inside the gunnels.

It is approx 3-4" wider midship, and 6" wider at the rear than my old cover was. She said she found a pattern from a malibu that was close and used that, after it was made. I'm thinking the pattern was from a new (wider) boat than my 94. Not to mention, it is at least 8" longer.

Anyway, how does everyone else's cover fit? I assume nice and tight like my old one, but want to make sure i'm not on crack before complaining to the shop.

flipper
04-29-2011, 09:59 PM
I'd complain. You will get puddles with out a doubt.

Miss Rita
04-29-2011, 09:59 PM
tighter is better. You need to have some adjustments made.

east tx skier
04-29-2011, 11:45 PM
Drum tight is ideal. Loose will pool and you'd do as well without a cover.