PDA

View Full Version : Shower Install 09 X15

BTV
04-28-2011, 11:20 PM
I have everything worked out for the shower except where to tap cold water supply. Where does factory do it? Thanks

Lars
04-28-2011, 11:29 PM
I believe they tap in between the water pump and the transmission cooler.

BTV
04-28-2011, 11:43 PM
Ok. Thats what I thought. Thanks

Thrall
04-29-2011, 02:56 AM
I pulled the cold supply off of the line going to the prop shaft seal on my X2. It's a 3/8 line like the shower and it supplies plenty of water and saves cutting into the main raw water line. Don't have to worry about starving the seal of water unless you plan on using the shower while in gear. Get a 3/8 brass tee from the hardware store though. The plastic one broke the first time I pulled the shower line off to winterize.

BTV
04-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks Thrall. I saw your install and wondered how that worked. Think it would take too much water from shaft seal idling along about 5 mph and using shower?

Thrall
04-29-2011, 08:28 PM
I don't know if it would or not. Good way to check would be to tap the shaft cooling line and then run your boat on the bucket method (fill a large bucket or barrel and let the r/w pump pull off of the bucket while adding water to the bucket to simiulate on the water conditions) making sure it pulls all the water it can at th rpms you'd be cruising at. Turn on the shower and see what happens, see how much water is comignout the bottom of the prop shaft with and without the shower on. If it's pulling alot of the water away, you'll see the difference and it won't burn up the seal immediately or anything.
Worst case, get a new chumk of 3/8 hose to replace the one you spliced into and run it off the raw water line.
Or maybe just hook it up as reccomended in the instructions if you'll be using the shower while cruising and save the above hassle.

BTV
04-30-2011, 12:24 AM
Thrall. I hooked it up btwn. raw water pump and trans. cooler. Maybe thats what instructions said to do, but who reads them anyway? Thanks