88ProStar
07-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Anyone in MA or NH???

VTJC
07-20-2005, 11:24 AM
VT is that close enough?

mitch
07-21-2005, 06:22 PM
I'm in S. NH and up and down Rt. 495 daily. Where are you located?

BuoyChaser
08-22-2005, 05:37 PM
i'm in Northwood with an 85 ProStar...lookin' to upgrade...

Chef23
08-23-2005, 11:22 AM
I am in Natick but have a Malibu.

rmckee47
09-03-2005, 02:10 AM
I'm next door to Natick in the Cochituate section of Wayland. Got my 2000 PS 190 in April and used it first time in the middle section of Lake Cochituate in Natick. Didn't want to risk the narrow tunnel to the South Lake, but 90 seconds around the middle lake wasn't interesting for long. I keep the boat on Balch Pond in Wakefield, NH.

Evan Jones
09-03-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm in the other end of Mass on the Connecticut River near Amherst, MA
and on a small lake in Shutesbury, MA 15 minutes northeast of here. Another two months of good skiing !!!

BuoyChaser
09-03-2005, 05:07 PM
so how many of you are going to the last INT Tournament this year, held at Purity Springs Resort near Ossippee, New Hampshire...such an awesome site and a great time to RIP UP THE SLALOM COURSE, and throw a few wakeboard tricks...

check it out, http://www.intleague.com/newengland/event_schedule.html

September 9-11 Purity Spring Fall Classic, East Madison, New Hampshire
Sponsored by Ray's Marina Wakeboard/Kneeboard/Air Chair Saturday & Slalom Sunday

mitch
09-03-2005, 05:34 PM
I'm next door to Natick in the Cochituate section of Wayland. Got my 2000 PS 190 in April and used it first time in the middle section of Lake Cochituate in Natick. Didn't want to risk the narrow tunnel to the South Lake, but 90 seconds around the middle lake wasn't interesting for long. I keep the boat on Balch Pond in Wakefield, NH.

I was on Balch 2 weeks ago. Our camp is on Mousam Lake

Chef23
09-06-2005, 10:39 AM

What is the beam on the PS190. My Malibu comes through the tunnel with some care. You can definitely get it through. The key is to gently get the nose in the tunnel and then pull it through with your hands.

I live on the South Lake and dock my boat in the back yard. There are two slalom courses on the lake and a ski club (that isn't as active as it used to be). You should come on through some time it is a good lake for skiing.

rmckee47
09-08-2005, 07:30 PM
Buoy Chaser - I passed Purity Spring Resort last weekend on the way up to ride the Cog Railway up Mt. Washington. I would not have guessed that little lake would be hosting a tournament. However we may see you there as it's a short hop from Balch Lake in Wakefield, NH.

Mitch - Mousam is nice. Never been on it, but it looks great.

Chef23 - I know that going through the tunnel can be done, but the best advice seems to be having three people to do it and we only had two. I haven't decided whether to store the boat in NH or bring it down in the fall, but am guessing that storage in MA is going to be much more than in NH. It was very nice having it here this spring to work on in the pre-season, though.

Brian
09-08-2005, 08:13 PM
goffstown/weare

mitch
09-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Bob, Mousam is usually pretty busy during the season, but it's gets nice this time of year, glass tonight :D Balch was very nice!

mtrask
09-08-2005, 11:36 PM
ProStar 209, Season is ending too quickly

BuoyChaser
09-09-2005, 09:53 AM
see you all at Purity this weekend, always a great time to be had...plus some great local boat dealers and pro shops come by to sell their wares at end of the season deals...

wakeboard, sky ski, wakeskate and kneeboard are SATURDAY and SLALOM is SUNDAY...i'll only be there Sunday, so just ask around for Scott, i'm the only Scott there!!!

Chef23
09-09-2005, 06:38 PM
Buoy Chaser -
Chef23 - I know that going through the tunnel can be done, but the best advice seems to be having three people to do it and we only had two. I haven't decided whether to store the boat in NH or bring it down in the fall, but am guessing that storage in MA is going to be much more than in NH. It was very nice having it here this spring to work on in the pre-season, though.

You can do it pretty easy with two people. One in the bow and one by the back of the engine cover to watch the tail end. The water on Cochituate is low right now so if you are going to go through the tunnel now is the time.

I had my Malibu with a 91" beam through two weeks ago with two of us and it was a piece of cake.

Flatwaterfooter
09-11-2005, 11:39 AM
From New Hampshire ski on Winnisquam

BuoyChaser
09-12-2005, 11:12 AM
So how many of you have Slalom Courses in New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont or Massachusetts?

I'm in Northwood and we have access to seven (that we know of) within a 15mile radius, and that isn't even every pond/lake accounted for.

What's nice is we can all share the lakes, based on wind conditions and give some of the residents a break!!!

mitch
09-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Nothing for me. I sometimes get to our lakehouse via 202 and pass Nothwood lake, sometimes there is a course there, mostly not though.

BuoyChaser
09-12-2005, 02:14 PM
Mitch
if you're passing a lake on 202 with a slalom course, that course is a permanent course with sub-buoys which is located in Northwood but on North River Pond (borders three towns Strafford, Nottingham, Northwood)...there is another permanent course just like that in Barrington on Swain's Pond...pretty cool setup, with counterweights on jugs filled with sand...

the Northwood Lake you're referring to is on Route 4/Route 107 and where we set the slalom course there, can't be seen by the road...back over by the Boy Scout Camp...

our pond is off Route 107 heading North towards Pittsfield, private pond only 99acres...

Flatwaterfooter
09-12-2005, 02:50 PM
There is one in Hooksett that I saw the other day. I think it is at the dam. Private from what I can tell.

BuoyChaser
09-12-2005, 02:53 PM
i forget who runs that one, but everyone in the state of new hampshire has to file a slalom permit...at one point there was a New Hampshire Water Ski Club that had a listing of all the courses in New Hampshire...there use to be one in Concord on the Merrimack River as well, but due to many complaints and course violations that permit was revoked...otherwise the state is great to work with...

there is another course on Dube's Pond in Hooksett that is private, and a lot of AWSA tournaments are held there...they just had it surveyed to make it record capable...

Flatwaterfooter
09-12-2005, 03:21 PM
We have a permit for Winnisquam, but very tough to put the course in unless you can do it during the week. Unfortunatly all the people I ski with are only there on the weekends.

Babosic lake also has a course

BuoyChaser
09-12-2005, 03:39 PM
Flatwaterfooter,
Baboo has an Accusink, just like we just put in on our pond...nice setup when it is working...are you from Baboo???i helped Jim D build and install the one on Baboo...

weekdays are the only options on most public lakes, especially during off-hours...there are a few of us that do have the priveledge of "quiet" lakes that can go out at 4pm on saturday and not have to worry about anything but what mother nature throws our way...you should look into a permanent installation with Sub-Buoys on Winnisquam...

mitch
09-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Mitch
if you're passing a lake on 202 with a slalom course, that course is a permanent course with sub-buoys which is located in Northwood but on North River Pond (borders three towns Strafford, Nottingham, Northwood)...there is another permanent course just like that in Barrington on Swain's Pond...pretty cool setup, with counterweights on jugs filled with sand...

the Northwood Lake you're referring to is on Route 4/Route 107 and where we set the slalom course there, can't be seen by the road...back over by the Boy Scout Camp...

our pond is off Route 107 heading North towards Pittsfield, private pond only 99acres...

I'll buy that. I checked a map and it seemed like it was Northwood that I pass. Now that I think of it, I don't believe the course has been in this year on the lake I go by on 202. I may pass thru there on Friday, I'll take another look.

Flatwaterfooter
09-12-2005, 04:51 PM
No I just moved to Bow. I have heard good things about the guys out at Baboosic though. Where did you get the accu-sink. We were looking for one with no success

VTJC
09-12-2005, 05:56 PM
“So how many of you have Slalom Courses in New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont or Massachusetts?”

In Vermont I know there are courses on Lake Iroquois(where my MC lives on a lift), Lake Dunmore, Wrightsville Reservoir and two on Waterbury Reservoir. As well as one at the north end and one at the south end of Mallets Bay on Lake Champlain. Probably allot more around the state. Jamie

tommcat
04-10-2006, 11:15 PM
i'm in western MA. i spend my time on the CT river, right next to the Oxbow ski club

BuoyChaser
04-10-2006, 11:22 PM
we skied INT League at Oxbow last year, check it out http://www.intleague.com

tommcat
04-11-2006, 08:42 AM
we skied INT League at Oxbow last year, check it out http://www.intleague.com
let me know when you'll be there this year. our camp is right next door to them :)

BuoyChaser
04-11-2006, 09:23 AM
let me know when you'll be there this year. our camp is right next door to them :)
looks like we aren't skiing down there this year, we'll see, still one date up in the air http://www.intleague.com/newengland/event_schedule.html

tommcat
04-25-2006, 08:45 PM
looks like we aren't skiing down there this year, we'll see, still one date up in the air http://www.intleague.com/newengland/event_schedule.html
do you ever go to their ski show? july 29 this year i think. they are supposed to have some wakeboarders this year, i'd like to see that.
we're right next door to them so i get to watch the show practices all summer.

BuoyChaser
04-25-2006, 09:43 PM
do you ever go to their ski show? july 29 this year i think. they are supposed to have some wakeboarders this year, i'd like to see that.
we're right next door to them so i get to watch the show practices all summer.
will certainly have to check them out, ski shows are great, wish there were more of them locally, but certainly a lot of work!!!my best buddy in ohio is busy all spring/summer/fall training for the Lake Mohawk Ski Club in Ohio...

we actually skied at Coventry Lake last year, not with Oxbow...

http://www.usawaterski.org/pages/clubs/regiondetail.asp?type=s&name=CT

Coventry Lake Water Ski Team
Phone: (860) 429-6745
E-mail: storrscoyote@charter.net
Club Site: Coventry Lake
City: Coventry
State: CT
Club Type: Show Ski

mtrask
04-25-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm in North Attleboro MA, Ski in Voluntown, CT at small lake called Beach Pond, Course in lake most of the time.

BuoyChaser
04-25-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm in North Attleboro MA, Ski in Voluntown, CT at small lake called Beach Pond, Course in lake most of the time.
a little too far away from here, but sounds like a sweet setup...got any pics???

in New Hampshire we can't leave our course up when not in use, so have to submerge or remove...got an accusink last summer USED, upgrading from an ez-slalom, just getting final bugs removed!!!

mtrask
04-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Have some picture will send later

BuoyChaser
05-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Have some picture will send later
any pics yet???

slushpup
06-11-2011, 04:58 PM
a little too far away from here, but sounds like a sweet setup...got any pics???

in New Hampshire we can't leave our course up when not in use, so have to submerge or remove...got an accusink last summer USED, upgrading from an ez-slalom, just getting final bugs removed!!!

NH law states course must be removed when not in use?? I did not know that. There is a permenent course not 15 minutes north of Northwood lake. I wonder if they know that ? It has benn installed every spring for as long as I can remember...

stx22
06-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Slushpup,
What Buoychaser posted is correct and still the law. However, I had the State of NH try an odd thing with our course over here in the forgotten part of the State. Be happy to discuss it offline, but it essentially amounts to a permanent course.