PDA

View Full Version : 1977 MC Stars and Stripes Parts Needed

ganu187
04-25-2011, 09:01 AM
So i have a few things that i need to have my 77 MC completely redone, but i am having a hard time finding the parts. The major one, i need a new windshield. The curved one...

I am also looking for new gauges, a new seat foundation for the front(elbow), and a new trailer...

anyone that can help point me in the right direction...thank you!

TX Wind
05-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Taylor Made sells the windshield

TX Wind
05-03-2011, 11:26 AM
What's wrong with your base? I have a mold for the driver's seat base. Could probably make another for the other side but it ain't easy to do. It would be easier to repair yours if you have it.

ScrewPull
05-11-2011, 09:50 PM
TX Wind, are you sure Taylor Made still makes the windshield? The one on my '79 is a Taylor Made and is not in the greatest of shape. I was looking to replace it and seem to recall that TM no longer makes them. I may be wrong and a quick phone call would certainly clear that up (I never called).

Also, you wouldn't be willing to sell your front seat mold (helm) would you? I am looking for one and have been for some time. I bought a teak platform from a guy who also had the seat mold, but I can't find his contact information anymore. I wish I had bought it.

Ganu, from what I've read on the TT forum, Jim at Bay Area Water Sports in FL has the information you'll need. He's a member of the forum, as well. My brother had a '77 S&S (tan with brown stripe) and his windshield had the two holes in it in front of the dash. Really cool...

Jim@BAWS
05-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Marine Glass specialties in Tampa

Jim@BAWS

tdix0073
05-11-2011, 10:48 PM
I am also looking for a new windshield .. for a 73. havnt found anything yet.

DemolitionMan
05-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Most good glass shops can make that windshield if you can send them the frame. I had two built for my 78. The original one was fine but the previous owner decided to tint it with some cheap tint and it turned purple. "Not to self tint and plastic windsields do not go together". The first windshield was clear until a rock hit it on the interstate. The second one that I had made the guy used tinted lexan it looked really nice. The windshield on the 70's SS are pretty much for looks only.