PDA

View Full Version : So, what do I do now??

Bobby
07-19-2005, 10:28 PM
Boat is down for the next few weeks and I won't be out of summer classes until next Friday. Hopefully I'll get it running but if I don't, what am I gonna do with myself??? Go use my parents' Nautique??? I really hope it doesn't come down to that, but if it does I suppose that's better than being on land.

east tx skier
07-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Like I said in another thread, with boats, the best you can do is have several family members/friends with quality inboards. That way, even when your boat is down, you're never sitting in the water holding the slack line.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Sorry to hear about your boat being down. I hope you get her up and running soon. and hey, there nothing wrong with using the CC until you get your MC back. :) its all good! and yes, skiing behind the CC is MUCH better than being on land. If if was a bayliner, I may think twice about it..... ;)

Good luck getting your MC up soon!!! :)

Cloaked
07-19-2005, 11:33 PM
Enjoy the Nautique. They are excellent boats as well as MCs.... Just hope Mom and Pop don't have plans for it.... :)

Bobby
07-20-2005, 03:22 AM
My parents have had the Nautique since '88. Has over 1000 hours on it and the motor runs stronger than my MC ever did (just wait though, I'll have the MC up and runnin' like a bat out of hell). It's a solid boat all around, but not quite as passenger-friendly as the MC.

jimmer2880
07-20-2005, 07:37 AM
My parents have had the Nautique since '88. Has over 1000 hours on it and the motor runs stronger than my MC ever did (just wait though, I'll have the MC up and runnin' like a bat out of hell). It's a solid boat all around, but not quite as passenger-friendly as the MC.

When you're standing on the shore with a slack rope in your hand, a MOOMBA is better than just watching.

I'd ski behind any Comp boat anyday. I'll only ever OWN a MC!

Bobby
07-20-2005, 02:08 PM
The Nautique is what I learned to ski, wakeboard, and barefoot with. I remember my mom made me learn to ski when I was 4 and bribed me with Dr. Pepper. Wow, I just realized we've had that boat forever...

tex
07-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Try this one on the morally causual OU girl. "Oh, it's just my parents SN, I actually own a MC-It's in the shop being customized." That should work for you!

jraben8
07-20-2005, 02:36 PM
A SN as a fallback plan? Not a bad plan in my eyes...

Bobby
07-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Try this one on the morally causual OU girl. "Oh, it's just my parents SN, I actually own a MC-It's in the shop being customized." That should work for you!

I don't think my girlfriend would approve :D

It's an '82 SN, but an SN nonetheless.

tex
07-20-2005, 02:59 PM
I didn't suggest that you introduce them to your girlfriend!

Bobby
07-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Here's what the Nautique looks like (picture was taken in the early spring) I'm probably going to put my stereo in it since I won't need it in the MC until it gets running again.

Bobby
07-20-2005, 03:01 PM
I didn't suggest that you introduce them to your girlfriend!

:eek: :toast:

smsunman1
07-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Like I said in another thread, with boats, the best you can do is have several family members/friends with quality inboards. That way, even when your boat is down, you're never sitting in the water holding the slack line.
Or your running around the lake in a kayak with wire cutters looking for a moomba to Hot wire, that way its not considered grand theft. :)