PDA

View Full Version : Radio issues...

agarabaghi
04-24-2011, 09:11 PM
So, I have the clarions headunit in my 06 X1 and yesterday the volume knob was working, today it is not...

Its the clarion where the whole face folds down to show the cd slot... the the other buttons work, but the eject kinda slowly ejects the cd player and the volume know does not do anything.

We tried holding the reset button down and all that did was reset everything back to default...

any other suggestions?

Jerseydave
04-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Try disconnecting the battery for 15 mins? Not sure if that will help.

You could also purchase a wired remote for the driver and control everything from there.

agarabaghi
04-24-2011, 09:55 PM
i have a driver remote but it as well does not work. I have yet to get behind the dash to check it out. i will disconnect the battery and try that though.

jdhart73
04-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Sounds like the CMD4. Never had that happen myself, I would try the battery disconnect and see if that helps. If not you may have a unit that petered out!

bturner2
04-25-2011, 07:10 AM
What's the voltage at the battery and then at the radio. I'm kind of thinking you may have low voltage at the radio. It's worth checking. You may have a bad ground or a bad power connection going to the radio. Just a thought.

agarabaghi
04-25-2011, 07:37 AM
I am not sure. the volt meter on the dash read 13v, I just picked up the boat on saturday. I was thinking of swapping the battery since im pretty sure that is the original battery that came with the boat.

willyt
04-25-2011, 09:04 AM
could have blown the fuse that goes to the headunit as well... check the in line fuse on the yellow wire coming from the headunit wiring harness

Thrall
04-25-2011, 10:02 AM
Bad connection at the flip down face? Try some contact cleaner on that.
Remote is just 2 wires IIRC, check that they are hooked up.
FWIW, I bought my new to me 06 2 years ago and I was surprised at the amount of loose nuts/bolts/screws/connections, etc (even the tower was really loose on a boat w/ 50hrs). When I went thru the boat the first winter I bet I tightened a couple hundred fasteners from bow to stern. Little off topic but if your boat wasn't owned by someone who was not real meticulous then start with the obvious stuff like the presumed mess of wires hooked to the battery and any connections relating to what doesn't work.

agarabaghi
04-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Thrall - i know what you mean. I spent all of saturday screwing down stuff. I need a tool to get the star nuts off the side dash thing... im sure the hardware store will have one... Im sure the connection is just off as the dealer replaced a switch behind there.

I left the battery unplugged over night and will try it tonight when i get back from work. When you say contact cleaner... im guessing that is different than wd40 =P...

agarabaghi
04-26-2011, 07:43 AM
Well i reconnected the battery after letting it sit for a day. Still nothing from any of the knob controls. As for cleaning the connection, it looks like this unit uses some kind of IR connection and has a shiny black plastic (similar to the front of an IR connection) or something, so not a place i could spray any contact cleaner.

On the other hand, i removed the side dash panel and dug around to check the connections of the driver control panel. Following the big black plug, i found it has been ripped or cut a bit further up the bow. I went a head an ordered a replacement cable, and hopefully it will start working again. If i have vol control from there, i think ill deal with not being able to turn it up from the glove box...