PDA

View Full Version : Fresh Air Exhaust?

jdhart73
04-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Anyone use Fresh Air Exhaust? I have never used it but makes sense when you read the site.
Just curious.

Jake

vision
04-24-2011, 05:18 PM
I have had one for 3 years on my 08 X-star with MCX. Amazingly quieter and I can not tell any difference in performance. However, several folks with large block engines have noticed a decrease in performance.

I was in an 2011 MC with an MCX and silent master mufflers this weekend. My MCX with the FAE is significantly quieter. Likewise, when you sit on the sun pad or stand on the swim platform on my boat you smell no exhaust, but I certainly smell exhaust on the 2011.

The original goal of the FAE was to decrease CO levels for folks on the platform or back of the boat, which is common when folks are surfing. I am not sure there is much difference in CO levels for the surfer, but it does seem to decrease the level of CO and exhaust gases at the swim platform.

Several posts on TT about FAE.

blackcreek
04-24-2011, 07:06 PM
I just put one on my 97 205 with LT-1. I wanted a quieter ride and it helped a lot in knocking down the noise. I did feel a slight performance hit in both acceleration and top end, not much but enough to know it. No free lunch but the trade off was worth it to me. I have the older style ski platform with slats and need to put some plexiglass underneath the platform where the exhaust comes bubbling up though the slits. It actually bubbles up hard enough to splash onto the sunpad and rear seat when not in gear.

CantRepeat
04-24-2011, 07:45 PM
Anyone use Fresh Air Exhaust? I have never used it but makes sense when you read the site.
Just curious.

Jake

Do a search for post by JesusFreak. In there you will find the truth. ;)

prostar205
04-25-2011, 01:17 AM
I've had one on my '02 X-30 with the L-18 engine. It certainly quited down that monster and greatly reduced the smell of the emissions. However, I just added the 2011 Lenco trim tab to the boat and the FAE won't fit. I've talked to Dr. Mann at FAE that they are going to make me a new one that will fit. First, I'm planning on running the boat without for a few weeks to see if I see any performed increases. I did not some top end and so low end when weighed down for wakeboarding.