PDA

View Full Version : Help. No power to dash or gauges.

mesquitethrasher
04-23-2011, 03:36 PM
2004 X30 MCX. Maybe somone can enlighten me, it could be an easy fix. I have no power to dash or gauges and stereo and accessories as well as the lights will not come on. When you turn on the key the fuel pump powers up and the engine will turn over, however nothing else works. Could be a fuse or something?

06x2
04-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Check the dead man strap I did the same thing one time

bturner2
04-24-2011, 08:14 AM
Most likely the kill switch lanyard is off, the clip is distorted and no longer holding the button in or the switch is bad. Also make sure ALL the cables going to the battery have been connected and tightly secured to the battery posts.

dmayer84
04-24-2011, 11:32 AM
Check the circuit breaker near the battery.

UrbantuxTN
04-24-2011, 08:41 PM
This may sound stupid but if you have dual batteries and the switch is in the wrong position it can do that. At least it did for me on my x15

mesquitethrasher
05-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Still no luck on this. The dummy strap is hooked up, the motor runs, the battery selector is on "All", just no activity with the gauges, or the stereo. I will check that relay with the reset switch near the batteries this weekend. Thanks for the replies

djkslc
05-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Had this same problem last week. Turned out it was a bad "negative" connection on my 2nd battery (house battery, not the starting battery).

houtexX30
05-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Check the connections at the MMDC. Should be mounted to the same panel as the factory sub and has 2 connectors. May be a long shot, but if this turns out to be your problem, I have one for sale.

mesquitethrasher
05-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Thank you very much "djkslc". I came home today to recheck the cables and also the under dash panel. After looking closer to the battery boxes I noticed a ground cable laying on the floor that was obviously supposed to be hooked to the second battery. Hooked it up and all is well. Thanks for the replies and I really feel stupid now. I had charged the batteries in Feb and overlooked hooking it back up.

On a side note. I had the boat serviced at the local BU dealer last month. I picked up the boat and was looking around the lot at some of the used boats. The service guy approached me and asked "are you looking for a solution to your faulty gauges?" He went on to say how he had checked connections and what-not and could not get the gauges to work. I told him they were working at the end of last season, he replied "maybe it just needs to be ran a little". I still feel stupid. :)

djkslc
05-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Glad to hear it was a simple zero cost fix.

onejdgreen
05-04-2011, 06:54 PM
had a similiar issue... Easy fix, once you pull your head from between your legs, myself included

thatsmrmastercraft
05-05-2011, 12:21 AM
It seems that over 90% of all electrical issues are related to a bad ground.

chawk610
05-05-2011, 08:20 AM
Agreed... I had this happen after I replaced some gauges... guess what... oops, grounded to the wrong terminal... felt really dumb as it costed us a day on the lake while I figuerd it out!!!!!

onejdgreen
05-05-2011, 07:47 PM
It seems that over 90% of all electrical issues are related to a bad ground.

Or hooking a wire to the wrong terminal and spending two days and sleepless night trying to figure out what the hell went wrong while the boat was in storage...