PDA

View Full Version : I need Gasket Material Suggestions

wakescene
04-21-2011, 01:40 PM
I had ordered new exhaust, risers and gaskets from Skidim. While assembling yesterday, I noticed how "off" the riser gaskets were from the castings. Both on the manifolds and the risers. Nothing lined up perfectly and there was up to a 1/8" difference in some if not all the alignments. I completed the install, but after sleeping on it, I'm not cool with this situation.

I really feel the best way to do this is to make my own riser gaskets. The difficulty on this task should be very low.

What gasket material does everyone recommend for this application? Should I go with a regular Fiber based material, Cork, Copper RTV or something else?

Thanks

1redTA
04-21-2011, 08:05 PM
do you have any pictures of the alignment? that would help to see your problem I have used copperseal on alot of my exhaust issues such as header gaskets

wakescene
04-24-2011, 11:20 PM
I pulled apart one of the risers today and amazingly it was pretty well aligned. I guess when it got squeezed down by the bolts...it sandwiched into place pretty well. I am going to pull these apart at the end of this season to see how its going and w2ill probably address any issues then. but for now I am going to move forward with the purchased gaskets.