PDA

View Full Version : Tower speaker wiring on '98 205

dirtk38
04-20-2011, 10:58 PM
I've got a '98 205 with a monster tower, and I'm looking to add some speakers. I've got the equipment figured out, but I'm trying to decide the best way to run the speaker wires. I'm specifically talking about how to get the wires from the base of the tower to the location of the amp. Right now I'm planning to put the amp under the observer's seat, but I'm open to any better suggestions.

Before I decide what to do, I thought it might be smart to see what other people are doing. The best idea I've got at the moment is to run the wire down the forward tower leg on the port side, and then taking the wire into the vent underneath the windshield. Anyone do something similar, or better? I'm open to any good ideas...thanks!

2 pics provided for reference/inspiration:

Tmoney
04-21-2011, 01:08 AM
Just ran my wiring last week on my 96 205 with a different tower. Run down either tube by using a wiring snake. ( home depot $20) so worth the money and time. Either tube shouldnt matter just the one that requires the least amount of holes.Then put a hole in the boat and run wiring through it. I have my amps on the kick board under the dash and love it, they never get wet and saves space.

dirtk38
04-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Where did you put your hole, and did you seal it with a grommet or something similar? I'll prob keep the amp under the observer seat since I will be replacing one that is already there.

Tmoney
04-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Put my hole next to where the tower mounts by using small drill bits and moving up sizes slowly. I covered the exposed wire with wire mesh from a radio store to make it look better. Also I did use a gromet but had to cut the bottom off to stuff it in the hole because the Hule is so thick.