PDA

View Full Version : Definition of stupidity

east tx skier
04-20-2011, 12:25 AM
I sure hope this isn't someone on here. But I stand by the title of this thread. Some people need to find other hobbies.

Link (http://www.break.com/web-user-yt/04-17-2011/wakesurf-alone-2045872)

Didn't see that this was posted already.

Maristar210
04-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Well Doug, They don't screen boat buyers. This guy is a serious tool. Hopefully there was someone hiding in the bow just in case, otherwise he is a true moron

thatsmrmastercraft
04-20-2011, 12:48 AM
Completely off the chart. :confused:

sand2snow22
04-20-2011, 12:55 AM
How about in a boat 4 times the price?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2l46v9UhRw

David4MCSammyDuvall
04-20-2011, 12:57 AM
Saw the video ! I just dropped my jaws. He's completely IDIOT !!!! If he fall down in the water, the MasterCraft boat goes BUH BYEEEE !!!! Crash on the land or boathouses or boats sitting at the docks, or other boats. Bet the insurance company will keep this video as a proof in case he does something stupid again !!!!

thatsmrmastercraft
04-20-2011, 01:00 AM
I bet if Daddy saw that he would take the keys away.

bcboy
04-20-2011, 01:14 AM
I think I know that Lake...if it is Osoyoos he has about 1 minute without a driver before that boat runs onto the shore(small lake) and one of the properties or worse a campsite with someone in a tent sleeping.

They have too much money and not enough respect...He better hope I never see him doing it when I am skiing that water at 7am or he will be knocked off the Board....

IDIOT!!!

Sodar
04-20-2011, 01:23 AM
Both those guys are complete idiots. I just hope that they do not attempt this stunt when the chase boat is not there to potentially save the situation if the dude loses it.

Either way, they are idiots.

Cmpdman
04-20-2011, 01:30 AM
I sure hope this isn't someone on here. But I stand by the title of this thread.

Didn't see that this was posted already.

Yep, your title says it all. What a tool! I keep think that he has a buddy stowing away in the toilet area ready to take over invade his stunt fails. Complete stupidity!

hbomb
04-20-2011, 02:26 AM
got to say boys..........
the first you tube video qualifies for fool of the year without a doubt but the second one......... well...... that guy is a legend.......... how smart is he to display the boat registration number for the local heat to see and then come a knocking on dads door to have a little talkie......
I magnified it......... wow......... pretty clear to me!!
legendry stuff to see him whilst getting his rear end reamed in the 3 x 3 room with a view awaiting a talk with Judge Judy!!

CantRepeat
04-20-2011, 08:17 AM
I would have never guessed someone would be that stupid let alone two people.

1redTA
04-20-2011, 10:02 AM
I would have never guessed someone would be that stupid let alone two people.

not surprising, he should be nominated for the Darwin Awards though

mitch
04-20-2011, 10:07 AM
He has PP and it looks like he was being careful:D

ShawnB
04-20-2011, 10:11 AM
No spotter?! That's a ticket on my lake....

aquaman
04-20-2011, 10:12 AM
yep....daddy's money and the dumb sons on exhibition. :(

bxroads
04-20-2011, 10:16 AM
You can bet someone was in the boat, though stupid none the less.

Justjoe
04-20-2011, 10:16 AM
I think it's kinda (ok...way more than kinda) cool. The guys got skills, and balls. Not that I would do it, or recommend anybody does it....

I've got no beef with some reckless abandon.

It's kinda like wheelies on a sport bike on the expressway, or surfing the top of your car, or base jumping off a building, or eating really really hot peppers (but not habeneros because they just taste bad).

ShawnB
04-20-2011, 10:40 AM
I think it's kinda (ok...way more than kinda) cool. The guys got skills, and balls. Not that I would do it, or recommend anybody does it....

I've got no beef with some reckless abandon.

It's kinda like wheelies on a sport bike on the expressway, or surfing the top of your car, or base jumping off a building, or eating really really hot peppers (but not habeneros because they just taste bad).

I get what you're saying but leaving a 6000 pound boat to run on its own is reckless at best and probably criminal. Videotaping it and posting to the internet is beyond stupid.

scott023
04-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Wow. Just wow. :confused:

Yellow X9
04-20-2011, 10:50 AM
Guess stupidity comes into play....atleast they had Life jackets on....Lol

muskingumriverdocks
04-20-2011, 10:53 AM
I saw some moron fall off his PWC with no saftey lanyard. At an idle that thing covered some distance before his buddy stopped it. With a boat that wouldn't be pretty. I can only hope someone was hiding in it.

Hoosier Bob
04-20-2011, 10:55 AM
I would like to see him try slalom next. This should be a series!:D

shepherd
04-20-2011, 11:07 AM

I think I'll try that. I'll probably need a 12-pack first though.

samgreazy
04-20-2011, 11:14 AM
wow can't get much dumber than that

Hoosier Bob
04-20-2011, 11:27 AM
The path to stupidville is often wrapped in aluminum!;)

Sometimes a paper sack as well!

Cmpdman
04-20-2011, 12:10 PM

Let me & everyone else get off the lake first and then I would love to watch that series. :rolleyes:

UrbantuxTN
04-20-2011, 12:19 PM
I don't care how "cool" it may seem it is just downright dangerous. Found another moron, this one hits a little closer to home though as he says he is on Center Hill Lake...

LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv4Zm-uhdIg&feature=related)

Lars
04-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Reminds me of all those videos on youtube of people "ghostriding the whip" which were also equally rediculous.

Question...

Had he had a 10 foot safety lanyard attached would that turn this epic fail into an epic win?

flya750
04-20-2011, 02:37 PM
Yeah this is really stupid... but one thing I notice about wake surfing and I could be wrong.. but it just looks like after a few sets I would be bored..?? There doesn't look like much intensity to wake surfing? And what about the exhaust fumes?

jdl xstar
04-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Yeah this is really stupid... but one thing I notice about wake surfing and I could be wrong.. but it just looks like after a few sets I would be bored..?? There doesn't look like much intensity to wake surfing? And what about the exhaust fumes?

Not really boring to do... but boring to watch others do! Kinda like baseball.

willyt
04-20-2011, 02:45 PM

this is what i thought when i first saw someone wakesurf. tried it... threw the rope in the boat and was hooked.

The lanyard idea might work.... but still wouldnt try it with my boat.

aaron.
04-20-2011, 02:51 PM
I bet if Daddy saw that he would take the keys away.

haha hell yeah he would. my dad would have straight curbed me too.

Patrick Hardy
04-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Stupid yes. I see a lot of this type of stupidity today in the summer in Central Washington State/ Lake Chelan / the Columbia River area. Kids out being dumb in dad's very expensive toys, but with that said, I can remember myself doing some very stupid things with my dad's toys growing up. So I guess it is just more of the same, but with more expensive toys!

trickskier
04-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Stupidy has no boundries!!!

captain planet
04-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Stupidy has no boundries!!!

No kidding. You can't fix stupid. All you can hope for in this case is that 'Daddy' sees his son on youtube doing this crap and takes the keys. :mad:

Hoosier Bob
04-20-2011, 06:26 PM
Doesn't Darwin suggest a "Natural" fix for stupidity?No kidding. You can't fix stupid. All you can hope for in this case is that 'Daddy' sees his son on youtube doing this crap and takes the keys. :mad:

onejdgreen
04-20-2011, 06:41 PM
He may be stupid, but not completely wearing a helmet and mouth guard retarderd, atleast he was wearing a lifejacket....

aquaman
04-20-2011, 06:48 PM
He may be stupid, but not completely wearing a helmet and mouth guard retarderd, atleast he was wearing a lifejacket....

i really don't think a lifejacket is necessary or needed in this case.

Justjoe
04-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Obviously the life jacket would severely slow his swim speed down if he had to catch the boat. There are times that wearing a life jacket are just reckless and stupid!!

ProTour X9
04-20-2011, 10:48 PM
It could be worse...he could be fishing out of that boat...;)

2RLAKE
04-20-2011, 10:58 PM
some village is missing their idiot ... he should try that next on an IO

mikey.145
04-21-2011, 12:00 AM
I thought I was the only one to try this...JUST KIDDING! The more I think about those clips I would almost guarantee there is someone hiding in the boat, The're probably looking at this thread and laughing!

rhsprostar
04-21-2011, 01:15 AM
That is unbelievable.....I mean i have done some dumb things in my day but wow:eek:

Age Fighter
04-21-2011, 05:21 AM
....but can he slalom alone? EDIT: oh sorry Hoosier Bob, I see you beat me to that comment....

tex
04-21-2011, 08:50 AM
and the great thing is...he thinks he is cool!

Justjoe
04-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Yeah, but...he is. And so is the trick. Risky? Yeah. Dangerous? Only if he fell and the boat circled back on him (at least not dangerous for him).

There are about a million things that would be equally crazy.

Here's one: single boat-single driver. Driver throttles way up and points the boat across the lake. Stands up and hops out on a boom. Barefoots for a couple hundred yards, then crawls back in the boat.

GT500 MC
04-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Yeah, but...he is. And so is the trick. Risky? Yeah. Dangerous? Only if he fell and the boat circled back on him (at least not dangerous for him).

Here's one: single boat-single driver. Driver throttles way up and points the boat across the lake. Stands up and hops out on a boom. Barefoots for a couple hundred yards, then crawls back in the boat.

Is this talking from experience? Or seen it done?

ScrewPull
04-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Interestingly, it would've been just as "funny" with some other guy sitting on the boat to save the day should something go wrong. In fact, I'd argue it might actually BE funny!

I bet that guy spends his working hours hauling timber into the woods. Or sand to the beach. Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity.

bobx1
04-21-2011, 11:16 AM
I can only think of one thing that is dumber. Tubing alone......

thatsmrmastercraft
04-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Interestingly, it would've been just as "funny" with some other guy sitting on the boat to save the day should something go wrong. In fact, I'd argue it might actually BE funny!

I bet that guy spends his working hours hauling timber into the woods. Or sand to the beach. Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity.

Very well said, sir.

CantRepeat
04-21-2011, 12:06 PM
I can only think of one thing that is dumber. Tubing alone......

Wouldn't matter, some people would still say that it was cool. :rolleyes:

craig3972
04-21-2011, 06:19 PM
guys.... its a fake
just for fun - aprils fools was like 20 days ago

CruisinGA
04-21-2011, 06:30 PM
I saw some moron fall off his PWC with no saftey lanyard. At an idle that thing covered some distance before his buddy stopped it. With a boat that wouldn't be pretty. I can only hope someone was hiding in it.

Most stand up jetskis didn't come with a safety lanyard and still don't have one. I know mine doesn't. They do "typically" turn around and come right back to the fallen rider.

tex
04-21-2011, 06:57 PM

I have seen a guy jump out of the driver's seat while still hanging onto the wheel. Barefooted halfway accross Mission Bay! Scared the crap out of me!

2RLAKE
04-21-2011, 07:56 PM
too bad he did not give us a view of his boat numbers .... maybe if someone posted a comment on whether he has doomed numbers or just regular ones he might actually be stupid enough to post his numbers ... you just can't fix stupid

Can you imagine if he killed someone?

Kathy and Chris
04-22-2011, 01:17 AM
This reminded me of the Solo.

http://www.solowatersports.com/

etduc
04-22-2011, 09:56 AM
This reminded me of the Solo.

http://www.solowatersports.com/

Kinda sad. :(

aaron.
04-22-2011, 11:50 AM
i have no friends, but my solo doesn't mind =)

BriEOD
04-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Whether it is fake or not, what kind of example does this set for teenagers? No life jacket, no driver, etc. Where are the water cops when you need them?

kev88
04-23-2011, 12:35 PM
Guarantee there is someone in the boat....just trying to get a rise.....looks like it worked :)

ahhudgins
04-23-2011, 01:28 PM
Whether it is fake or not, what kind of example does this set for teenagers? No life jacket, no driver, etc. Where are the water cops when you need them?

Bingo! Whether it's fake or not, now that idiots have posted their videos on Youtube, more and more people will be trying this just to be cool. Mark my words: "Someone is going to do this without a driver and the boat will get away and do some serious damage, hopefully not kill someone". What a bunch of tools.

I seriously think that someone else was in the boat(s), but maybe not the next time.:mad: