PDA

View Full Version : Water coming out of fuel vent

gatorguy
04-17-2011, 12:42 PM
I was surfing yesterday behind my ps205 with 1500lb ballast in rear port corner. We were almost out of fuel and the motor was surging as the fuel sloshed back and forth past the fuel pick-up, or so I presume. After we drained the fatsacks we had no problem with running WOT back to the ramp wakeless area. Well I then went to refuel on the way home and as I first started a bunch (about a half cup) of water shot out of the vent.

Does that mean I am sucking water into my fuel as I surf? Is there a water trap or one way valve or something to prevent this? What should I do about it? The redneck side of my brain tells me a small piece of 200 mph tape should take care of the problem while surfing.

Any ideas?

MIskier
04-17-2011, 01:49 PM
There is an attwood vent that would help to reduce the amount coming in, but if there was that much water in the line there is simply too much weight in the boat. Dont cover the vent this could collapse the tank. part number is 1684

gatorguy
04-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Is there really such thing as too much weight in the boat?

MIskier
04-17-2011, 03:44 PM
Is there really such thing as too much weight in the boat?

I should have said that he needs to reduce the list, so maybe not necessarily taking weight out but redistributing it