PDA

View Full Version : newbie from Michigan w/?s

97Sammy
04-17-2011, 12:35 AM
Hello to all from the cold country. I just purchased 2 97' Sammy Duvall Series LT1's. These are my 4th and 5th Crafts. The first was 26 years ago a 1985 S&S from Tommy Bartlett ski show in WI. I put 1000 hrs on that boat in 5 yrs. One of my new boats is a 190 series. The other a 205. The 205 has the rear seat missing. Does anyone know where I can have one made. Or buy one. The second ?. What prop can I use with the LT1 motor to maximise the top end speed. I have had other boats (29'Fountain w/ twin 500h.p.'s) and know you can try props all day and not find the right one.Thanks in advance for your welcomes. I look forward to participating on your forum.

dirtk38
04-17-2011, 01:17 AM
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the purchase of TWO new boats! I have a 1998 205 and rebuilt my rear seat over the winter. Gatorguy created a thread about redoing his, and we both posted pictures in it: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=38732. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have questions about it.

dmminfla
04-17-2011, 06:59 AM
You will have to have the seat made. It's a very common problem for them to snap when peoplle enter the boat from the reat and step on the seat. I had my 97 205 seat built, My freind had a 98 205 so we used his seat as a template. Make sure you have some kind of support system in the center so it wont snap again. The newer one's came out with a flip down bar that supports the center. There is a thread on TT about it some where.

97Sammy
04-17-2011, 09:15 AM
So it looks like the rear seat is the same for the 190 as is the 205. I could use the seat to make a template. Then have my vinyl guy take care of the rest. And while I'm at it. I may as well support both of them in the center. This may be easier than I thought it would be.

Thrall
04-17-2011, 11:39 AM
I was going to suggest using the 190 seat as a template. I thought I'd need to support mine in the middle on my 190 as it was sagging bad before I rebuilt the seat base, but I didn't. Either find you some 1" or 1-1/8" plywood for the base or nail/screw and glue together 2 - 1/2" sheets in the strong direction. It won't sag. Mine got stomped on for a couple years befor selling it and it looked fine.
As for props, you didn't say if they're 1:1 or 'slots, but I put an Acme 13x11 3 blade and it was awesome. High alt kept all my rpms and low alt it didn't over rev and it pulled HARD! Didn't lose top speed really either. Could still get 44-45 mph on GPS with smooth water.