PDA

View Full Version : Another X-Star imitator

Jerseydave
04-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Look how these boat companies try to be like Mastercraft.

http://www.skisupreme.com/models/226.html

The "superfly" bow is being copied once again.

Thrall
04-15-2011, 01:23 PM
One of the better looking pickle fork knock offs. Not fugly looking like the Tiges and MBs!

flipper
04-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Not a bad looking boat really.

sand2snow22
04-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Expensive, too. But don't knock it until you try it. Might just throw a better wave than the X-Star?

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784495

aaron.
04-15-2011, 01:54 PM
looks cheap. good wake or not

sand2snow22
04-15-2011, 01:59 PM
looks cheap. good wake or not

Agree. My guess $60k+. Is a $90k-100k X-Star worth that much more? Not being smart, serious question. If I was going to spend $60k-70k on this, I might as well step up to a X-25 for $80k-90k ;)

aaron.
04-15-2011, 02:41 PM
all the years & money that MC has spent on R&D and promoting the sports I love, makes up for the price difference. My 2 cents.

It still amazes me that some people are willing to drop $60k+ on an imitation. To each their own i suppose.

craig3972
04-15-2011, 02:46 PM
didnt cobalt have pickle fork boats years ago?

swatguy
04-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Actually been in one of those and behind it. Supreme makes a rock solid boat with a rock soilid wake that rivals many pro boats. They used to come out of the Fineline factory. Same factory as Centurion, another rock solid boat. A boat isn't crap just because it doesn't come from an MC factory. There are plenty of other top notch boats being made these days that have way better rides and performance than some MC's.

Every Mfg has their pros and cons and is geared towards someone different. In most cases you do get what you pay for....... however, an MC isnt for everybody believe it or not.

Oh and lets not forget that MC wasn't the "originator".........they copied the style as well. Runabouts were using the design waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before MC implemented on their X-Star.

While an MC is a step above.....it is not the only step;)

flya750
04-15-2011, 03:45 PM
That is the worst website of all time!!!! wowzers!!!

sand2snow22
04-15-2011, 04:09 PM
all the years & money that MC has spent on R&D and promoting the sports I love, makes up for the price difference. My 2 cents.

Centurion/Supreme have been doing this for wakesurfing....

aaron.
04-15-2011, 04:21 PM
lol. wakesurfing.

not hating, just amused.

jbkriss
04-15-2011, 04:22 PM
That was one deep V on that supreme.

swatguy
04-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Yup the Supremes are known for some of the deeper v hulls. They are up there as one of the better rough water boats out there. As Sand stated they surf very well. They are designed to be a jack of all trades. Any of their 21 ft boats will out ride any compareable boat in the MC line in the chop and rough water. They also handle on a line when fully weighted. However their is a trade off for that. The boats are very sensitive weight wise left to right. You really have to have the boat dialed and people in the right spots. It can get pretty annoying at times.

scott023
04-16-2011, 09:03 AM
lol. wakesurfing.

not hating, just amused.

The MC KoolAid is a plenty at your residence. :rotf:

thatsmrmastercraft
04-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Actually been in one of those and behind it. Supreme makes a rock solid boat with a rock soilid wake that rivals many pro boats. They used to come out of the Fineline factory. Same factory as Centurion, another rock solid boat. A boat isn't crap just because it doesn't come from an MC factory. Their are plenty of other top notch boats being made these days that have way better rides and performance than some MC's.

Every Mfg has their pros and cons and is geared towards someone different. In most cases you do get what you pay for....... however, an MC isnt for everybody believe it or not.

Oh and lets not forget that MC wasn't the "originator".........they copied the style as well. Runabouts were using the design waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before MC implemented on their X-Star.

While an MC is a step above.....it is not the only step;)

Blasphemy! :rolleyes:

swatguy
04-16-2011, 11:32 AM
I know shame on me :)

tr6coug
04-16-2011, 12:05 PM
I have a friend with the Supreme 226. Its a decent boat. Good surf wake with enough weight. Interior finish isn't as good as MC. He paid about 50k for it in 09.

TallRedRider
04-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Expensive, too. But don't knock it until you try it. Might just throw a better wave than the X-Star?

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784495

They are pretty fully loaded for under 60K. At least at the local dealership where I live. Rotating board racks, dual batteries, cruise control, most of the standard stuff.

We went to look at some boats at the local dealership. My wife sat facing backwards in the bow, stood up and said 'nope'. It is the only inboard my local dealer has, and I was sort of hoping the boat would be worth getting, but she vetoed the front immediately as uncomfortable and not nearly as well thought out as my X45. So I am still searching...

sand2snow22
04-16-2011, 11:51 PM
Not surprised she didn't want to pay more to downgrade....Just ask Scott :)