PDA

View Full Version : Bradamerry sent me an e-mail, it's safe for work

milkmania
07-19-2005, 01:23 PM
yes, sometimes Brad does send some stuff that is safe for work.

I've known about this guy for years, but it still inspires me:headbang:

Joe Arpaio (http://www.writeonrice.com/JOE.htm)

makes me proud to be American

*edit:
snopes account
http://www.snopes.com/crime/deserts/pink.asp

bcampbe7
07-19-2005, 01:32 PM
That man should be President!

bradamerry
07-19-2005, 01:32 PM
That man should be President!
I second that!!!!

milkmania
07-19-2005, 01:34 PM
he's got my vote, seriously!

Double Overhead
07-19-2005, 05:02 PM
I work for a municipal Law enforcement agencey located within Maricopa County Arizona and I can say this guy is a jack ***. He treats his employees like crap and his politics nearly cost the lives of two SWAT Officers that I know. He doesnt pay his deputies squat yet he drives around in a custom limo and spends all kinds of money to promote his politcal stuff. Sure he is hard on the inmates but he treats his employees the same way.

BriEOD
07-19-2005, 05:08 PM
I don't see how all of that helps rehabilitate prisoners. So what has changed when they are released? They'll just go right back to crime.

maristarman
07-19-2005, 05:23 PM
I don't see how all of that helps rehabilitate prisoners. So what has changed when they are released? They'll just go right back to crime.

I'm still new to this board so I'm not sure whether you're joking or serious.

The logic is simple. If the punishment is unpleasant enough, you won't repeat the negative behaviour.

If one of my kids demonstrates some bad behavior and I send them to their room, where they can watch tv, talk on the phone, play their PS2, and I bring them a snack, they probably wouldn't hesitate too much in making the same bad decision again. (BTW, my kids don't have any of that stuff in their rooms.)

If the next time one of my kids demonstrates some bad behavior I give them a time out in a dark corner of a room facing the wall, I'm betting that they'll think long and hard before making that bad decision again.

Washing dishes or scrubbing toilets and sleeping at the YMCA probably sounds a lot more appealing than living in a 130 degree tent in pink boxer shorts and working on a chain gang.

But then again, there are some people out there that aren't too bright (think "Repeat bayliner owners.") :D