PDA

View Full Version : Install Wakeboard Pro into 2004 210VRS

jrbrown
08-24-2004, 09:22 PM
Looking to order and then install the Wakeboard Pro in my 2004 210VRS.

I've read everything PerfectPass has. Questions:

- Who sells WakeboardPass beside my local dealer? I am looking for a fair price?
- Any gotchas that are missing from the installation literature?
- Opinions on the use and servicing of Wakeboard Pass?

I intend to install it myself. Additional commets are welcome. :)

RackAtak
08-24-2004, 09:48 PM
You can buy direct from PerfectPass http://www.perfectpass.com/

NeilM
08-24-2004, 10:10 PM
JR Brown:

I have a 2002 210 VRS and had the dealer install the PP.

Where is your paddlewheel? Is it way up front (like mine was)?
If so, check out this thread at myMC
http://www.mymastercraft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=85 (I'm having my paddlewheel re-located once again)

If that's the case, it's probably worth getting your dealer to install the PP for you - assuming MC will approve the re-location of the paddlewheel under warranty.. It'd likely work out cheaper.

Also, there's an "2004 X-10 Quick Connect Cable" displayed in the forum showroom that I know nothing about, but the '04 X-10 and the '04 210VRS have the same hull... check out http://www.mymastercraft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=91

Michael Epp
08-25-2004, 12:41 AM
In my opinion, the Perfect Pass (Wakeboard Pro) is the best option I ordered with my 04 X-10. It makes "pulling" such a pleasure, especially if you want to try wake-surfing behind the boat (8 - 10 mph). Also, it's easier for a driver who isn't familiar with holding a boat at 18 - 20 mph. I find that I enjoy the wakeboarding process much more since I'm more involved monitoring the rider, as well as other boats around me.

Ben
08-25-2004, 08:32 AM
jr:

I installed it myself about a month - 1/2 ago. Best $$ ever spent, besides the boat itself. And maybe the Weber Grill. Back on topic, I bought from tadd@h2osmosis.com, after being referred to him by the schnitz guy. He gave me a great deal, and either answered all my questions, or called Perfect Pass to find any other answers. So I would recommend giving that a shot. My MC dealer was a few hundred bucks over their price and the malibu dealer was about 100 over too...

As far as the install, it was pretty simple, I did have to drill the hole in the hull for the paddlewheel myself, which was the hardest part (more psychologically challenging that anything). The physical drilling was easy... My boat is older ('94), so my dash was very easy to get out and get access to the gauges, not sure on your new boat.

We use it for both skiing and boarding. The only goofy thing is that in wakeboard mode it is really jumpy, the motor is constantly adjusting as the rider pulls or lets up. PP told me that is either because my boat is light (no fatsacks & 3 people) or because the LT1 is a very jumpy/touchy motor. The same boat weight comment is in the manual. Maybe if we ever really load up it would work, but for now we simply use the RPM mode for boarding which works awesome.

Thumbs up and good luck.

Leroy
08-25-2004, 09:38 AM
I had mine installed last fall, other than cutting the hole in the boat (I have 2001 Maristar 230 with pitok) I think I could have done everything else, after seeing it installed. I don't know how good the instructions are, but would have challenged me for the first time. Also there is a wire that runs from the paddle wheel to the unit for the temperature reading on mine that was optional. Read many people where the temperature won't read and it took that extra wire which the mechanic installed. Check that. Now all works well. There are many setting to adjust the responsiveness of the system, but am completely happy with mine.

I bought mine new, but from individual for 1k installed because he needed the money to rebuild his frozen, cracked block. :(

gregg
08-25-2004, 10:00 AM
Purchased my Wakeboard Pro from Max at skiertoskier.com They were, at the time about a $100.00 cheaper than anywhere else. They also have good prices on oj props. Installed it myself, piece of cake and agree with all others, best $K I ever spent, as we do a lot of wake surfing and boarding. You will most likely need to change the KDW and NN settings to hold a steady speed. Instructions do a good job on the install and adjustments. Good luck!!

BTW If you go to order from skiertoskier, click the option for "Yes I qualify for the discount program".

east tx skier
08-25-2004, 11:07 AM
Bought my 6.4 Digital Pro (same as WB Pro, but with slalom mag sensor) from Schnitz (www.schnitzskis.com). He was selling them lower than anywhere at the time (last year). He still may have good deals, but it looks as if he's having to make an end run to do them (no idea what the reason is). Definitely worth your time to investigate though.

jrbrown
08-28-2004, 08:37 PM
NeilM or others,

My paddle wheel is factory installed and directly under the driver. Is that too far forward? Currently, I see no detectable movement on the speedometer when under way at 18mph or greater. My son and his buddies don't wakeboard below that.

However, the subject of wake surfing will soon come up. Thoughts there.

We don't yet use the fat sacks that came with the boat.

Cheers all.

jdhunt0
07-27-2010, 10:53 AM
I am having trouble with PP on my '99 210VRS. I keep seeing references to the thread on relocating the paddle wheel, but all the links are dead and I am having no luck finding it with the search function. Can anyone remember the correct location?

Thanks

73blue
07-27-2010, 01:45 PM
Purchased my Wakeboard Pro from Max at skiertoskier.com They were, at the time about a $100.00 cheaper than anywhere else. They also have good prices on oj props. Installed it myself, piece of cake and agree with all others, best $K I ever spent, as we do a lot of wake surfing and boarding. You will most likely need to change the KDW and NN settings to hold a steady speed. Instructions do a good job on the install and adjustments. Good luck!!

BTW If you go to order from skiertoskier, click the option for "Yes I qualify for the discount program".

I bought one from Max for my former boat. Def the way I'd go again. He's very helpful too.