PDA

View Full Version : Zip Sled

BrianM
04-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Looking to pick up a Zip Sled or Bob Sked if anyone has one they are willing to sell or knows of one for sale. My daughter is 19 months old and loves the water so looking to start her on one this summer.

Sodar
04-12-2011, 01:13 PM
Not sure if you are interested in an EZ Ski, but there is a guy on another forum that I visit that can get deals on them...

http://riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17658&highlight=ski+training

saberworks
04-12-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm interested, my 4-yr old is ready ready ready to get started!

east tx skier
04-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Brian, they have been pretty hard to come by for the last year and are expensive when they do pop up. I have ebay alerts set up and haven't seen one so far for 2011. I only saw 2 in 2010. Probably saw 4 or 5 in 2009.

I helped broker a deal on an old Blue one last year for my ski partner for his daughter for Christmas. I got on google and just did a search. After several dead ends, I found an old post about a guy on themalibucrew that had one and sent him a PM. His family still had it and he sent me his number. I forwarded it to my buddy and my buddy and he were able to make a deal. shipping. I saw it when he received it and it was nearly perfect. I have seen the Blue ones go for $350 on ebay in the past. I know he was pretty happy with the price they agreed on, but it was not inexpensive. In other words, have your checkbook ready if you find one.

There is a young guy who works on boats at Ski N Sports in Tyler who told me last year that his family has a Bob Sked (the kind with the handles like I have) in storage he might be willing to sell if it is still there. I have not pursued it, but you might call and see if he is around. I think his name is Casey. Tell him Doug mentioned it to you. Haven't seen it and don't know him too well, but it might be worth a look. He seems like a nice enough guy.

jk13
04-12-2011, 04:38 PM
I helped broker a deal on an old Blue one last year for my ski partner for his daughter for Christmas. I got on google and just did a search. After several dead ends, I found an old post about a guy on themalibucrew that had one and sent him a PM. His family still had it and he sent me his number. I forwarded it to my buddy and my buddy and he were able to make a deal. shipping. I saw it when he received it and it was nearly perfect. I have seen the Blue ones go for $350 on ebay in the past. I know he was pretty happy with the price they agreed on, but it was not inexpensive. In other words, have your checkbook ready if you find one.

I hadn't heard back from him, and I didn't see it before it was packed up, glad he was happy.

Edit: We do still have the other one. If the price is right, I can check and see if it would be possible to sell.

east tx skier
04-12-2011, 04:49 PM
I hadn't heard back from him, and I didn't see it before it was packed up, glad he was happy.

Edit: We do still have the other one. If the price is right, I can check and see if it would be possible to sell.

I helped him rig up a ski handle to it. That thing was pristine. Glad you guys were able to make a deal. That was all his daughter wanted for Christmas and I don't think I have seen a dad so excited about getting his little girl a surprise like that for Christmas in a while.

Heads up to anyone who is interested. There's a Blue Admiral on Oklahoma City's Craigslist. Condition looks average. Listing is nearly a month old. I sent an email to the seller, but have not heard back yet. Not interested in purchasing it since there are people here who are looking, but will let you all know if I hear anything.

In the meantime, someone make jk13 a good offer on his other one. My friend was extremely pleased with the zip sled he received.

BrianM
04-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks Doug.

JK13 I sent you a PM.

Cmpdman
04-12-2011, 10:36 PM
My 4 yr old girl love her EZ ski. :)

BriEOD
04-23-2011, 12:48 PM
My neighbor contacted me this morning about possibly selling a Zip-Sled he has. I've attached some photos. I asked him if he would take $50 plus shipping, and he said no. For that price, he would keep it for his kids. If any of you are really interested, let me know and I'll put you in touch with him directly for negotiations.

BrianM
04-23-2011, 01:47 PM
Sent you a PM

mnovotny
07-11-2011, 10:47 AM
I have a zip sled for sale - where are you located and how much will you offer?
mnovotny12@comcast.net