PDA

View Full Version : MasterCraft Tristar 1988 Carburetor ?

Sylent_91
04-12-2011, 05:38 AM
Hi everybody,

I'm french and I own a mastercraft tristar 88, I search a new carburetor for my engine...

Who can give me the reference of the parts or the parts which are compatible with my engine (the Ford 351) ?

Thanks you

Guillaume

Skipper
04-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Holley 4160 marine carb. Do not put on a street carb. The marine carb is designed specifically to return fuel into the carb unlike an automobile where it will squirt right out. Not sure about international shipping but www.skidim.com; www.bartswatersports.com; www.overtons.com are places to look.

rjracin240
04-12-2011, 08:14 AM
Holley 4160 marine carb. Do not put on a street carb. The marine carb is designed specifically to return fuel into the carb unlike an automobile where it will squirt right out. Not sure about international shipping but www.skidim.com; www.bartswatersports.com; www.overtons.com are places to look.

Bought a Holley 4160 Marine carb couple of months back from Advance Auto Parts, they have some pretty good discounts buying on line.
Had tried National Carburettors and a rebuilt carb from them, however it never ran right. Might have just been a bad carb. However put the brand new carb on and now it runs as it should! Second on the use of a marine carb.

Good Luck and welcome to Team Talk, post some pics of your boat and where you ski.

Sylent_91
04-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Thanks guy for the answer, I ski in France on a river ("La Seine") near Paris...

Hay the parts are expensive :( but I need new one...

etduc
04-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Thanks guy for the answer, I ski in France on a river ("La Seine") near Paris...

Hay the parts are expensive :( but I need new one...

Be sure to buy fittings, for fabricating a new fuel line. The different model carb, requires a different fuel line. This is often overlooked, when people switch to the 4160. The 4160 is a vast improvement, over the original carb.

Skipper
04-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Don't rebuild. Nothing but trouble. Spend the money up front for a new carb and fuel lines/fittings and get it over with. Enjoy your time on the water. Rebuild and you asking for trouble.