PDA

View Full Version : Bad news....

sand2snow22
04-12-2011, 12:22 AM
E-mail titled-Boat break in:

I think your boat got hit too, but the boat had stereo and speakers stolen. Any idea on what that cost for insurance? Also, should I check for anything else missing. I really have not spent anytime in it so I am asking you.

Just got this e-mail from a cousin. I helped him get his boat back in January :o Our boat is in the same storage facility. Can any insurance gurus help? Any chance the storage facilities insurance will cover this?????

cbryan70
04-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Depends if you signed a waiver. Generally storage facilities require you to keep your own insurance on the boats for these instances.....at least the ones around here that I know about

brucemac
04-12-2011, 09:56 AM
huh, what? your boat got tossed? lame.

broncotw
04-12-2011, 10:00 AM
I would LOVE to catch one of these idiots in the process of breaking in......

norris_ps205
04-12-2011, 10:50 AM
I work in the insurance industry AND I had this happen to me last year. They broke into about 6 units in our storage facility and got speakers, amps, head units, wakeboards, and skis from all of us. No damage to boats...they were very careful when they removed everything.

The storage facility isn't liable. Our insurance covered everything...amps, speakers, boards, skis....total was over $4K. My insurance deductible goes down each year I don't have a claim, so it was waived also.

scott023
04-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Really sorry to hear this Bryan. Let us know how you make out with the claim.

sand2snow22
04-12-2011, 01:41 PM
This is on top of a break we had at a building we own. Happened yesterday. They only made off with 2 Ipods, an Ipod docking station and a 6 pack of beer. They were looking for cash in the cash register. Caught them on video. The video is in the hands of detectives. It sounds like these guys have been terrorizing the neighborhood:(

The video is quite comical. One guy falls on his you know what while prying the door open with a crow bar. The door opens, but then closes and locks again:) Forcing them to start all over :) Real pros......

scott023
04-12-2011, 02:26 PM
This is on top of a break we had at a building we own. Happened yesterday. They only made off with 2 Ipods, an Ipod docking station and a 6 pack of beer. They were looking for cash in the cash register. Caught them on video. The video is in the hands of detectives. It sounds like these guys have been terrorizing the neighborhood:(

The video is quite comical. One guy falls on his you know what while prying the door open with a crow bar. The door opens, but then closes and locks again:) Forcing them to start all over :) Real pros......

Be nice to catch the mofo's yourself and carry out a little vigilante justice...

GT500 MC
04-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Be nice to catch the mofo's yourself and carry out a little vigilante justice...

Who are you?...Mason Storm??:D

scott023
04-12-2011, 02:34 PM
Who are you?...Mason Storm??:D

No, I'm Scott. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Skipper
04-12-2011, 02:50 PM
I work in the insurance industry AND I had this happen to me last year. They broke into about 6 units in our storage facility and got speakers, amps, head units, wakeboards, and skis from all of us. No damage to boats...they were very careful when they removed everything.

The storage facility isn't liable. Our insurance covered everything...amps, speakers, boards, skis....total was over $4K. My insurance deductible goes down each year I don't have a claim, so it was waived also.

"And if you named your own price on insurance in 15 minutes you could be paying for this yourself. Protect yourself from mayhem...."

There are a multitude of boat storage facilities at Lake Powell. Every winter there are plenty of burglaries. The storage facilities don't pay a dime. It costs the boat owner. Those with good insurance get taken care of...those without get robbed twice.

sand2snow22
04-12-2011, 04:53 PM
Quick word is that our boat may have been spared. It was buried in the back. Cousins new boat was in the front :(

scott023
04-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Quick word is that our boat may have been spared. It was buried in the back. Cousins new boat was in the front :(

That's a relief. Too bad on the cousin.

sand2snow22
04-13-2011, 12:21 AM
That's a relief. Too bad on the cousin.

Yes, good news, our boat is good. Bad news for cousin. He only had a deck and 4 stock speakers. We have much more. I guess they tried to load up a truck full of snowmobile equipment but they didn't cut the opening big enough to get the truck out. So, they hit 2 boats. My cousins and the owner of the storage facility.

sand2snow22
04-13-2011, 02:39 AM
We have a consultant who was in this terrible accident today. Thankfully it sounds like everyone is OK. This basically happened on the way home from his mother's funeral. He has 3 kids and is recently divorced b/c his wife wanted to see other people. The car was a loaner from his ex-father in-law who is battling cancer.

scott023
04-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Yes, good news, our boat is good. Bad news for cousin. He only had a deck and 4 stock speakers. We have much more. I guess they tried to load up a truck full of snowmobile equipment but they didn't cut the opening big enough to get the truck out. So, they hit 2 boats. My cousins and the owner of the storage facility.

Holy lick. Hope they catch the buggers.

flipper
04-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Dang sandy, what is this? The depression thread? Glad everybody was okay.

sand2snow22
04-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Yeah, me too. I guess he fell asleep at the wheel. Head on into a semi. Semi went down into a creek. I think everyone is OK. Glad him, the kids and the trucker are OK.

JohnE
04-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Wow, good to hear nobody seriously injured in that crash.

sand2snow22
04-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Diesel spilled into the creek...... Thankfully the trucker saw him coming and swerved out of the way to avoid head on. Damage is from hitting the back of the truck.

Man, dude has a lot on his plate. Trying to be Superman. I am going to loan him a car tomorrow. I was thinking Camry, but now I'm thinking of giving him the Tundra CrewMax.

sand2snow22
04-15-2011, 03:03 AM
Here is the story. Went to the Timbers game with him and his oldest son tonight. They are lucky to be alive:

http://www.thenewsguard.com/news/article_0912d558-6600-11e0-adb1-001cc4c03286.html

scott023
04-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Lucky to be alive is right.