PDA

View Full Version : My brother is hung up on a Nautique

djkslc
04-11-2011, 05:24 PM
My brother currently has a 21 foot Chris Craft and he is looking to get a v-drive. He loves to waterski, but the rest of his family wants a surf and wakeboard boat. So he is looking for a "bigger" crossover boat. He has gotten hung up on the 2010 AIR NAUTIQUE 226 because of the Wake Gate or whatever it is called. I went and looked at it with him, and I just don't get where his excitement is coming from, plus that gate only move like a half an inch - does that really make it a skiable wake. Does anyone have any experience with this boat? Here's his profile; has 5 kids, (15 boy, 14 girl, 9 girl, twin girls 6 year old) him and his wife love to ski, the rest like to wakeboard and surf. Any thoughts?

duckguy
04-11-2011, 05:26 PM
He needs an X-15

BTV
04-11-2011, 05:29 PM
^^^ What he said.

Skipper
04-11-2011, 06:12 PM
There were pretty good reviews of the Ski Nautique 200 crossover in Waterski Mag. Apparently it is record tournament capable for 2011 in the slalom and can serve as a wake board tug. But in the feel good methodology of Waterski Mag these days, the Mastercraft X2 was rated as a great crossover boat too, they classified the slalom wakes as great for recreational skiers.

TX.X-30 fan
04-11-2011, 06:30 PM
I recommend a vasectomy 1st then look and drive all that's out there. :D

LakeWorth
04-11-2011, 06:54 PM
This might apply here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weqG8y62ZOs

Just kidding!

brucemac
04-11-2011, 07:09 PM

lolz..................

Skipper
04-11-2011, 07:09 PM

Now that's funny....

Sodar
04-11-2011, 07:18 PM
My brother currently has a 21 foot Chris Craft and he is looking to get a v-drive. He loves to waterski, but the rest of his family wants a surf and wakeboard boat. So he is looking for a "bigger" crossover boat. He has gotten hung up on the 2010 AIR NAUTIQUE 226 because of the Wake Gate or whatever it is called. I went and looked at it with him, and I just don't get where his excitement is coming from, plus that gate only move like a half an inch - does that really make it a skiable wake. Does anyone have any experience with this boat? Here's his profile; has 5 kids, (15 boy, 14 girl, 9 girl, twin girls 6 year old) him and his wife love to ski, the rest like to wakeboard and surf. Any thoughts?

The Hydro-Gate works very well and only needs to go down a little to add hook to the bottom. I am able to ski behind my fiance's 226 pretty easily.

You won't hear me bag on Nautiques. Aesthetically, they are not my deal but they make a nice boat. :o

east tx skier
04-11-2011, 07:25 PM
There were pretty good reviews of the Ski Nautique 200 crossover in Waterski Mag. Apparently it is record tournament capable for 2011 in the slalom and can serve as a wake board tug. But in the feel good methodology of Waterski Mag these days, the Mastercraft X2 was rated as a great crossover boat too, they classified the slalom wakes as great for recreational skiers.

That's the Sport 200 and it has been getting lots of good press from those who have skied it. Not having skied it, I can't really offer an opinion on the ski wake.

east tx skier
04-11-2011, 07:26 PM

You win the internets!

Said the guy with a closed bow and no more than 2 children. :D

captain planet
04-11-2011, 07:52 PM
On the control for the hydro-gate....if you peel up the stickers it will say, porpoise and non-porpoise. ;)

east tx skier
04-11-2011, 08:43 PM
On the control for the hydro-gate....if you peel up the stickers it will say, porpoise and non-porpoise. ;)

What does it say under the label for the "positive pressure control system"? 8p

captain planet
04-11-2011, 09:15 PM
What does it say under the label for the "positive pressure control system"? 8p

Touche` eastie.....although I don't think there is a lever for that. 8p

erkoehler
04-11-2011, 09:28 PM

Did he test drive? The wake gate has a purpose, and is functional.

nmcjr
04-11-2011, 09:57 PM
The wake plate definately has an effect. A friend has a new 210 (which I really like), we only wakeboard and if it gets pushed down it really flattens the wake--to the extent that I've asked if the ballast wasn't filled once when it was down by mistake. I assume this would be a good thing for skiing, but don't know for sure how skiing would be behind it-I'm just saying it has a significant effect on wake shape. In general I really like SAN wakes, in fact the older SAN 210 is probably my all time favorite. I'd agree with Erik he really should test drive/ski it empty, and then fill the tanks and try the wakeboard wake. That's the only way to know. In fact, to test the wake I'd throw a 750 on the floor, because really, testing most boats with factory ballast isn't a fair representation of what they're capable of.

Cmpdman
04-12-2011, 09:07 AM
This might apply here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weqG8y62ZOs

Just kidding!

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!