PDA

View Full Version : VDIG check engine light and service light will not clear

cal2vin
04-09-2011, 04:33 PM
I have a 2008 X-2 with the VDIG system. After I had the boat winterized and got the oil changed (both by the dealer I bought it from) the check engine message and service required popped up as soon as I ran it so I kept it around the dock and ran it for a while. Engine seemed to run perfect. Oil pressure good, engine temp good. I did the dealer service reset with the button sequence down,up,down,up but this did not clear anything. Does anyone have any suggestions on some connections to check or other minor causes for these alerts. My dealer is 2 and a half hours away and told me they couldn't really do anything without looking at the boat in person. It seems as though it is just a small sensor throwing an error but I cant be sure. Any suggestion?

Thanks

willyt
04-09-2011, 04:48 PM
low voltage maybe? did you have your battery on a float charger all winter?

cal2vin
04-09-2011, 05:28 PM
No I did not. Both my batteries were actually dead when I first checked on the boat after winter. I charged the starting battery fully and slightly charged the accessory battery. But I have ran my accessory battery down to nothing many times in the party cove listening to music and never got any warnings on the vdig

davidstan
04-10-2011, 07:12 AM
My service minder also is on. Whats the secret to clear it if you are not near a dealer?

mastercraft210
04-10-2011, 07:26 AM
You need to go to a dealer.The laptop should give you a answer.
I had the same problem with a mcx.In that boat one of the sensors in the riser gave a high voltage problem.Replaced it an it was fine.
A x 15 gave knock sensor problem .
Problems with are important you can not reset your self.

davidstan
04-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Bump to ask if there is a way to clear the service needed reminder in vdig.

Cobra Rob
04-10-2011, 09:38 PM
I had similar issue on an 07.. But when we connected laptop it had about 35 codes.. Cleared them and it would run on land, put in water and about 5 minutes later ding.. went off again.. Had another 25 codes or so... Ended up having to replace ECU. Honestly not 100% sure issue is resolved either since it went right into winter storage after that as the 40 deg cold rainy weather. Never water tested it again...

cal2vin
04-10-2011, 09:39 PM
In the settings menu of the vdig go to dealer reset or whatever and enter down up down up.

I took the boat out today and use it just as normal, warnings are still there but everything looked fine and the boat ran great. I would still like to find out what is giving the error though.

gts-20
04-11-2011, 02:04 PM
We have had the same problem with our 08 ps214. If the engine doesn't start on the first crank, the lights come on after the engine fires off on the second crank. It stays on for about half a day, then turns off. The boat never runs poorly and there are no alarms. When the dealer checked it for us, they said they could find anything wrong.

MCVOLS
04-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Isn't there something about when you disconnect the battery, or have low voltage, warnings may show, and will clear once you do 3 start/warm up cycles? Not sure exactly what it is, but I read something on hear about it last spring.

cal2vin
04-11-2011, 08:54 PM
I figured that if it was a voltage problem it would come up saying low voltage because in the manual there is a warning screen that says just that. Plus I have already done three start up cycles and the service icon is still present (little red wrench on the top right gauge in the main screen) and the check engine light still comes up with every start up.

TN X-45
04-11-2011, 09:34 PM
I had this problem last year with an 08 MCX. Turned out to the catalytic converter sensor that went bad - apparently a common issue on the cat's. No way to know without the codes.

cal2vin
04-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Thats exactly what I feel is the type of issue with my boat. Seems like just a faulty sensor since everything runs fine and the VDIG doesn't show a specific common warning.