PDA

View Full Version : Tower Speakers Dont have sound

Stars & Stripes
04-08-2011, 06:25 PM
When I purchased my boat, the previous owner had the two tower speakers located in the middle of the tower. After busting my head open 1000 times, I decided to move them to the outside. I took a picture of them before I took them down to make certain that I hooked them back up the exact same way. After I hooked them back up, the lights are working but I have no sound coming out of the speakers. Is there something that I need to do to the radio or the equilizer? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Stars & Stripes
04-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Anyone? I forgot to mention the boat is an 08 X45.

samgreazy
04-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Just had the same problem...mine was Alot older but both my amps went out prolly the first thing you should check if they're good then prolly a bad connection

SaltwaterMC
04-09-2011, 11:37 AM
There are four pairs of wires for the tower speakers (one pair for each speaker - two green pairs and two purple pairs) and if you only have two tower speakers, then the wires running to the inside speaker locations are the wires that are hooked up to the two channel amp running your tower speakers. You need to go into the observer side storage compartment (under the glove box area) and find the other two pairs of tower speaker wires (one set will be green, the other purple) which should be located near the amps (the side closest to the bow of the boat). Using the appropriate sized Allen wrench, loosen the output terminals on the two channel amp and remove the four speaker wires that are currently connected and replace them with the aforementioned wires (I believe green is left - channel 1, and purple is right - channel 2). The green and purple wires with the black tracer get plugged into the negative terminal on each channel. Basically, you will be swapping the wires that are currently plugged in with ones that look identical so just be certain that you hook up the four currently unused wires (that run to the outside tower speaker locations) exactly the same way as it is currently connected. I hope this helps. Thanks.

Stars & Stripes
04-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the information. I will try it tonight.

Stars & Stripes
04-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Worked like a charm. Thanks for the help.