PDA

View Full Version : 2011 X45 - Wakesurfing?

bblomquist
04-07-2011, 11:38 AM
I am taking delivery next week! Will I be able to wake surf behind this boat? It has surf tabs... If so.... what board should I get - Beginner with various age children.

CantRepeat
04-07-2011, 11:42 AM
You'll be able to surf with that boat for sure.

You might want to take a look in this thread as there is a bunch of discussion about boards.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=40207

Or
04-07-2011, 03:25 PM
That's behind my 2011 x45

You will love wakesurfing behind it!

Ole Miss Rebels
04-07-2011, 03:50 PM

You will love wakesurfing behind it!

good golly gee, how far are you back behind the boat? it looks like 20 feet or more.

holms
04-07-2011, 08:35 PM
how are setting up the x45 with weight?

ColdTurkey
04-07-2011, 08:52 PM

What holms said. How do you have that setup??? :confused:

:D It's better then what I'm getting out of my X80 at the moment (granted, I don't have much more than stock ballast right now)

mccobmd
04-08-2011, 12:27 AM

:D It's better then what I'm getting out of my X80 at the moment (granted, I don't have much more than stock ballast right now)

My neighbor across the street has a twin engine X80 and can't get it that long. Just too hard to make those boats turn to the side. He can however surf one person on each wake at the same time.

ColdTurkey
04-08-2011, 02:02 AM
Yeah we surf both sides too but I really want to get that port side wave nice and long.

I don't think getting the X80 to lean is the problem, I can get mine over no worries, with weight or the trim tabs. I think the problem is getting the hull to sink enough.

What I need is, a set of scales, a bunch of good looking girls in not much clothing (clothes may interfere with the weighing process), a carton of beer and a camera (to document the wave.... and other stuff). Then I can ballast up a bit and just shift bodies around to work out how much weight and where it should go.... Any volunteers? :D

bblomquist
04-09-2011, 12:59 AM
I called the dealership today and am having them add and plumb a 1000lb. bag in each rear locker.... ordered a Black Pearl from Inland also today! Next Thursday.... will see! Can't wait...

Stixx
04-09-2011, 02:32 PM
X45 throws a great wave, Stixx is offering up a 10% discount to all TeamTalk members as part a new promotion. You can see our full line of boards at www.shredstixx.com - a new website is in the works and for all news and info for wakesurfing visit: http://slayshtank.com/wakesurf/

drop us line if you have any questions on best boat set ups for the MC line. info@shredstixx.com

Ole Miss Rebels
04-09-2011, 04:05 PM
I called the dealership today and am having them add and plumb a 1000lb. bag in each rear locker.... ordered a Black Pearl from Inland also today! Next Thursday.... will see! Can't wait...

bear in mind that too much weight in just the rear locker will make a huge vertical wave but it will be right at the back of the boat. to move the boat further back away from the boat you will need aapproximately 70% of that same weight spread along the length of the same side of the boat. you will need significant weight in the bow of the boat too, placed on the side you are surfing. also, on my xstar, the only way to get a decent wave is to sink the entire boat evenly first with factory ballast then tilt it over with the additional weight placed along the entire length of the side you are surfing on.

Or
04-10-2011, 12:57 PM
how are setting up the x45 with weight?

hmmmm.. speed 9.4
port&kgb 100%
about 750 lbs on the port side (I have the plug&play. but I dont fill the front bags)
surf tab 100%, trim tab 30%

and that's as far back as you can surf on that wave.... :)

Oh! and that's with only 3 ppl in the boat

bblomquist
04-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Well.... I appreciate the help from all who offered... I figure I will just have to play around with all of it until I get it right! Just looking to have some fun... Never surfed in the ocean.... But rode the wheels off of skateboards growing up.... Big BMX background also.... I'm sure it's harder than it looks.... I've seen few doing it on Lake Alatoona north of Atlanta.... And those were behind 30' cruisers.... Right off the swim platform.... I'm sure once a few of us start.... More and more will start doing it!

ColdTurkey
04-10-2011, 08:09 PM
hmmmm.. speed 9.4
port&kgb 100%
about 750 lbs on the port side (I have the plug&play. but I dont fill the front bags)
surf tab 100%, trim tab 30%

and that's as far back as you can surf on that wave.... :)

Oh! and that's with only 3 ppl in the boat

That's interesting you don't fill the front bags. At the moment I'm filling both factory ballast tanks (X80 only has 2) Filling my fresh water flush (located where KGB would be, about 90 kilos) 200 Kilos of lead front port, 200 Kilos sandbags on top of port ballast, trim tabs 100%, between 4 and 10 people.

The wave is absolutely huge in height but not in proportion length wise. As soon as I have enough cash I want to start setting up additional sacs.

Cheers for the info, I'll have another play with the weights this weekend.