PDA

View Full Version : Liquid force venture or LF fish

davidstan
04-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Ok please bare with me on this surf thing. Friend recommended one of these two boards in the 5 foot version. Anybody have experience with these, decided to try to stay in the 350.00range for beginner board for most peeps in the boat can use. Thx

Jerseydave
04-06-2011, 06:26 PM
I have no first hand experience, but here's a link

http://www.proboardshop.com/wakesurf-liquidforce.html?gclid=CMynlsHqiKgCFcTd4AodRjebsg

My friend has a Walker board.....really fun and fast! They are expensive, but he called them and got a deal on a "blem"

MuskokaJ
04-06-2011, 08:54 PM
I started out with a Liquid Force board. I was really struggling making progress when I was learning, and I couldn't figure out what was holding me back. So, I tried a few different boards and I discovered a much better board for learning. In my opinion the best board for learning and progressing is the Inland Surfer Swallow. Fast, bouyant and agile, but still really user friendly. We use this board for first-timers and advanced riders (it is incredibly versatile). It can accommodate a huge variation in weight ranges, from little kids to huge dudes well over 200 lb. The Swallow allowed me to progress to more advanced boards that are a little "squirrelly" (Walker Signature Model, IS Sweet Spot, etc). And as a disclaimer, I have no interest in any company whatsoever, just a guy who loves to surf. Good luck and have fun!

UrbantuxTN
04-06-2011, 09:38 PM
The swallow is a nice looking board but damn man.. $900 is pretty steep for a beginner who hasnt even tried it yet...

MuskokaJ
04-06-2011, 10:25 PM
The swallow is a nice looking board but damn man.. $900 is pretty steep for a beginner who hasnt even tried it yet...

The Swallow is a $570 board. The $900 board you are referring to is the Swallow "Carbon".

Here is an ad for a new Swallow on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-2010-Inland-Surfer-Swallow-Ltd-Wakesurfer-Wake-Surf-/140524942399?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b7f0743f

And you can pick up a used one for $350-400 via sites like Wakeworld, Towanza, etc.

One other thing that is great about the Swallow is that the bouyancy and speed of the board allow people to surf relatively small wakes. When you are starting out in surfing, one of the biggest challenges is dialing in a decent surf wake. My other boards all require a larger surf wake to stay in the pocket.

UrbantuxTN, I didn't hear him say he hasn't tried wakesurfing yet. I am assuming he has at least tried wakesurfing to be interested in buying a board. In my opinion it's better to spend $500 on something that you won't want to ditch in 12 months. I used my Liquid Force board for a few months, and haven't touched it since.