PDA

View Full Version : New Dimension high tower on 197...need help asap!

Imawreck
04-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Anyone who has a 197 with a full tower on it....I need your help asap: I am finalizing a custom build for my 197 and only have the mini and the full tower to compare/contrast to when discussing with them. A buddy of mine has the 197 with the mini tower and I know (with his help) that the clearance between the floor and the bottom of the tower (when standing between the dog house and the gunwhale) is 65". What I don't know is what that same clearance is on the same boat with the tall tower installed??

Can anyone lend a hand? Quickly??
Thanks in advance!

Sodar
04-05-2011, 10:37 AM
There is a about a 13" difference between the two, so a full tower would have a floor to tower height of about 78".

thatsmrmastercraft
04-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Cam to the rescue in 3 minutes.

Jim@BAWS
04-05-2011, 12:00 PM
MINI TOWER 5 feet 6 inches full tower 7 feet

Your dealer should be answering these questions

Sodar
04-05-2011, 12:03 PM
I am pretty certain he is having a custom New Dimensions Tower built.

Should I be asking my dealer if I can take a piss, too?

Imawreck
04-05-2011, 02:02 PM
LOL....yes, its going to be custom. Thanks Cam...seems your numbers are close enough to be consistant with what I was told. My problem is communication with someone via phone from 8 states away...trying to be sure I'm on the same page with them is all. I'm having a mini tower stretched out to add an additional 8" clearance, but don't want the bend in the front arms that is normally in the taller tower. Should end up looking like Camden's, but stretched to rake a bit further back and slightly taller. I was told the "tall" was approximately 16-18" taller than the mini, so I should be right on track. Want 6'1" clearance just to avoid the headknocking clearance issues :) Thanks guys for chiming in.

CLTMC
04-05-2011, 05:21 PM
I am pretty certain he is having a custom New Dimensions Tower built.

Should I be asking my dealer if I can take a piss, too?

LOL...:D.....................................