PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Clarion speakers. What to put over separate tweeters?

Waynerzman
04-03-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm replacing my clarion speakers that have separate tweeters with poof audio speakers that have tweeters built into the speaker. I was just wondering what others have done to cover up the white tweaters in the upolstery?? I was thinking of a stainless steel plate and add a mastercraft decal.

SpryBeast
04-03-2011, 06:35 PM
I just left mine in place but unused.

CardenFam
04-03-2011, 07:45 PM
I upgraded my 2002 X7 last year with Audiobahn speakers that had a seperate tweeter. I took one of the old Clarion tweeters that was teardrop shaped and traced it over a piece of diamond plate and cut it out and attached my new tweeter to it and put it back it the original location. You could do the same just without adding a speaker to it. Sold boat so I have no way of taking a picture.

Good luck

Wake2004
04-04-2011, 03:34 AM
I made acrylic panels/speaker rings that are in the shap of flames. the flamed portion covers the old tweeter holes. Then I painted the backside of the acrylic the same color as my interior accent color (blue) and installed blue LED's at the same time.

shunra
04-04-2011, 02:11 PM
I have the same problem. Tim from Wetsounds had a good idea. He suggested somthing like this:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&category=ACCENTS&Page2Disp=%2Fspecs%2Fulite.htm