PDA

View Full Version : 04 ski centurion starts and dies

d36yzrider
04-02-2011, 12:21 PM
A friend of mine bought a 04 centurion with a tbi mercruiser 350 anyways I changed the impeller for him took it on a test run it had a bog taking off and on the way back it died when I was going about 5mph and gave it a little gas to keep the bow from taking water now it will start with the throttle open but dies right after it initially fires. I think it's a fuel problem I just need to fix it and deal with my own boat from now on. I'm open to any suggestions

d36yzrider
04-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Ok Nevermind it was the lanyard kill switch it was on but not all the way realized that when I was trying to start it and there was no beep when the key was in the on postion

JLeuck64
04-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Try to trouble shoot methodically.
Check fuel pressure. (Sorry can't help with where to hook up or expected pressure to see)
Check fuel filter. (Sorry can't help with location)
Check voltage drop of fuel pump while its running. I like to ground the black lead of a DVOM to the battery. Use the red lead to check available voltage on the positive lead at the fuel pump. It should be dang close to full battery voltage. Also check the available voltage(using the red lead again) at the negative side of the fuel pump. It should be close to 0.1volts.
Gather up some of that info and maybe we can find your problem...

Dang... forgot to mention that stupid lanyard! I had to swim out to help the daughter once because of that one too! Lol should have that check moved to the top of my list by now ( ;

Hoosier Bob
04-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Check the Lanyard Safety Cord! HA! S*** happens.