PDA

View Full Version : 2000 205 vs 1997 190 Help me decide please

cfields5
04-01-2011, 10:16 PM
Boy do I need help. I have wanted a MC for all my life(45 years old now) and I am ready to pull the trigger. Problem is I need to stay under 15K. I used to compete in slalom so long ago there wasn't a such thing as wakeboarding. I have been looking at a 2000 205 and a 1997 190. the 1997 has a tower. I only know skiing and love the flat wake. I had a friend with a 1986 MC that was great for the course. I have a 15yr old and a 10yr old that I just know will want to wakeboard and I just want to ski. I have read for hours on this great site about the hull differences and the changes. I am getting confused now. I just want a really good wake for skiing and if the kids go crazy over the wakeboarding deal then we will deal with that later. Does the tower really make a difference even if we dont have ballast? I really dont see us needing any monster wakes. Looks like i will have to look at 1995 to 1997 models to stay in my price range. I can get a 205 2000 model for about 15k that's in great shape. The 1997 190 needs interior work and the depth and fuel gauge needs work. I really like it though. i will have to spend some cash to get it up to snuff but it's 4k less.

Help please.

flipper
04-01-2011, 10:22 PM
You could always just get a skylon for the 205. With kids I'd go with the open bow for the extra room.

east tx skier
04-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Edit. Misread that they were both 205s.

Welcome!

CardenFam
04-01-2011, 10:55 PM
IMO I would go with the 205. Seems like it would be a little easier to upgrade if the kids do get into wakeboarding, plus you get that extra room. Newer boat, more room and its in good shape, can't go wrong there.

Also depending how much work the cheaper boat needs you might end up spending the same amount of money in the end. If you are not familiar with repairing an MC its not cheap but its worth it to spend the extra money.

BROUSSARD
04-01-2011, 10:57 PM

cfields5
04-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks so much. I was not sure about the hull difference between the two. The 190 has the tower and he has lots of skis, tools extra impeller that goes with it. I like it but it's just not been taken care of as good. If he is willing to negotiate below the 13k price i may consider it.
It also has a 95' trailer that has a new swing away nose and boat buddy with it. I did find out that the reason for the new trailer is that the old one was in bad shape due to being in brackish water. That concerns me somewhat but he has had it in fresh water for 5+ years and says it runs great. He even installed a homemade power flush deal on it. ( I would water test of course before even thinkng about an offer on it) It's funny how some owners are so particular and some are not. The 205 owner is and the 190 owner keeps it mechanically sound but the interior is in need of repair and the gel coat has dock rash. I think I can cure it though. I guess it a lot to ask to get one that 's been with an owner that's particular for a price in this range. I like the extra room of the open bow especially if it's a good slalom wake. Does a tower make a diference? Would it be worth adding one for my kids? My son is the 15yr old and is going to want one I think.

Ben
04-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Get the 205 in god shape that hasn't seen brackish. Then get a used Sklyon / fligh high pole (pylon extender) for ~$200 on craiglist or similar. After a season with that, you can make the decision to or not to add the tower. This will give you good boarding boat and room for kids & friends, which should ultimately get you more water time... As stated, hulls should be similar for skiing, you won't be disappointed unless you have 8 people on the boat...

Tower / extended pylon will help beginners learning to wakeboard get out of the water, and will help with jumps and stuff. I am a novice boarder though. IMO, boarding should be more about form and technique than how much ballast you have.

Ben
04-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Tower also good for getting boards / skis off the floor, but if you're trying to keep to a budget, you can drop $1000 - $3000 or more for a tower with racks, etc.

cfields5
04-01-2011, 11:21 PM
You have a point there. Thanks for the insight. The 205 just needs a bimini and i would be good to go. I called a upolstery shop that my MC dealer recomended and he said it would be 750 to repair and 2k to replace the interior. Mending may not match either. I bet a mini tower would not be too much more than 2k??? Man this is not an easy decison.

cfields5
04-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Great advice. I did not know about the skylon deal. I guess this boat with a mini tower would be the ticket but i have not found one. i am going to lean toward the 2000 205.

Thanks very much.

BROUSSARD
04-01-2011, 11:49 PM
We Need Pictures!

skierdan
04-02-2011, 12:53 AM
I am biased, but the 205 is perfect for your needs. Phenomenal slalom wake, room up front for friends, and a fly high pole is dirt cheap for beginner wakeboarders. A tower on a 190 does not a wake boat make.

If the 190 guy had to replace his trailer due to brackish water, does this mean his boat has only been run in pure spring water? not likely. way too many hard hours. The 205 is the perfect boat for slalom dads and wakeboarding kids ( I have four of them)

gatorguy
04-02-2011, 02:39 AM
I am biased, but the 205 is perfect for your needs. Phenomenal slalom wake, room up front for friends, and a fly high pole is dirt cheap for beginner wakeboarders. A tower on a 190 does not a wake boat make.

If the 190 guy had to replace his trailer due to brackish water, does this mean his boat has only been run in pure spring water? not likely. way too many hard hours. The 205 is the perfect boat for slalom dads and wakeboarding kids ( I have four of them)

Ditto the above for me. There is always a friend tagging along when we hit the lake and we just could not all fit in the 190. And if you empty all the people out you'll be hard pressed to tell a difference in the two slalom wakes.

I know the folks on here are split on towers. Half love them the other half hate them. I think if for nothing else they make great storage. If it's not in the budget this year, I'd still get the 205 and them add a tower in a year or two. You just can't go wrong. I also think there is a stronger resale market for the 205 when it comes to a future upgrade.

mccobmd
04-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Have to agree on the 205. Having the room up front makes a difference. If the wakeboarding is the deal then you can get a new dimensions tower or mini tower for around 2k installed. I have the x1 which is great for wakeboarding but wish at times I have a flatter slalom wak.

cfields5
04-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Thanks. I didn't think about the resale that could be huge if we want to upgrade or if we have to sell it. The tower thing was my biggest point of confusion. Never used one and I didnt know how important or not important that is. I heard on one string about the folks being split as to tower or no tower. I was trying to figure out why that is.

dmminfla
04-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Two kids means four friends. We have the 205 and you will love the extra room. It's a great all around boat if your not a die hard course runner.

ahhudgins
04-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Two kids means four friends. We have the 205 and you will love the extra room. It's a great all around boat if your not a die hard course runner.

dmminfla hit the nail on the head. Your kids will want to bring friends and before you know it you'll be riding down the lake with 6 or 7 people, cooler(s), toys, and a dog, Trust me, I've been there and done that. I loved my Prostar 190 but it was too small for a family. I think you will be a lot happier with the open bow, the kids will love it.

IMO, only a die hard slalom freak will be able to tell the difference in the wake, even more so when the boat is loaded down.

east tx skier
04-02-2011, 10:39 AM
There is definitely a difference in the wake. But as long as he doesn't go ski any closed bow mid 90s 190s, I think he'll be hard pressed to tell the difference. My first two outings this season have been behind a 98 205 and I have enjoyed the snot out of it.

Thrall
04-02-2011, 10:58 AM
The PS190 is overpriced if it has been in salt water, needs interior and has gel damage.
You coulda had my '96 PS190, LT-1, 500hrs, New Dim Tower, pretty much perfect gel and interior for $13,500.
I'd say $15k is a good deal on a 2000 PS205 that is in excellent shape.

BriEOD
04-02-2011, 12:11 PM
I have a 2000 PS 205 and moved up from a 190. First and foremost, the room the 205 has over the 190 is the biggest asset. You said you had two boys, so you're going to have to bring friends and the accompanying extra equipment/food & drinks. You didn't say if you live on the water, or whether your trailer to public water. At any rate, you can never have to much room. In a 190 you won't reasonably be able to use the back seat, so you'll have room for 3-4 people--comfortably. Alternatively, with the 205, you'll have an open bow for seating.

I'm inferring from your comments that you are a recreational skiier, and not a hardcore buoy chaser attending weekly competitions. I pulled a guy from our ski club through the course at 35 off behind my boat. I have PerfectPass, and it does just fine. It isn't going to pull any new world records, but the guys in our club have no complaints.

Also, while I still like to slalom, the 190 can't match the versatility of the 205. We surf, wakeboard, barefoot, etc. It is one of the best "all around" boats MC ever built. In fact, the hull is still being used today (1992-2011--pretty good). You can always add towers, ballast, etc. But you can't add more room. Plus, the 205 is more desirable in a resale market, I'd argue.

Good luck with your decision and if I can answer any questions about the 2000 205 let me know.

BriEOD
04-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Also, here is a BLOG (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=23596) of sorts I've been maintaining since I bought my 205. It has pictures and a lot of information. As you're looking at a 2000 205, it might be worth your time to look through it. Also, Mitch (that is his screen name) has a 2000 205. You could shoot him a PM and see what he has to say as well--good luck.

Brian

cfields5
04-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Here is a link to pics.

http://s622.photobucket.com/albums/tt301/cfields5/

BriEOD
04-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Interior looks better on the 205. Keep in mind, you cannot get factory replacement pieces anymore for boats of this era. You have to go to a custom shop.

rand49er
04-02-2011, 06:58 PM
My previous boat was an '89 Malibu euro f3 (closed bow). I used a 7' extended pylon (Fly High), and it worked perfectly for my sons' wakeboarding. Since I'm a skier, even with the extender in place, I could ski just fine. Get the 205. I just got one three days ago, and I intend to get another extender for anyone wanting to wakeboard and actually tubing is also better with it, too.

Get the 205.

Jim@BAWS
04-02-2011, 07:19 PM
I have just taken in on trade a 2000 MC X5

Not online yet but worth a look www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com

Jim@BAWS

cfields5
04-02-2011, 07:53 PM
To BriEOD, that's it. I want your boat!!! Very nice. You all have some really good advice. I know down deep that the 205 is the way to go. He is asking 17k but a friend of his says he should sell it for 15k. If I could get it at that I might have a deal. The 1997 190 guy is asking 13k but I was hoping to see if he would go to 10k due to all the work that needs to be done. I still would rather have the 205 if I could swing it. I skiied behind a 197 2004 model last summer and it had a little bump in the wake compared to the 1986 PS that my friend had but it was good enough for me. If the 205 is anywhere near that wake then that would be awesome.

cfields5
04-02-2011, 08:05 PM
You sure you dont want to upgrade and sell me your boat. I gotta quit looking at that pic. Such a nice boat my friend. Would I have to spend north of 2k for that tower?

BriEOD
04-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Thanks, we like it and get a lot of use out of it. I now live on the river and still can't imagine not having the open bow. We do a lot of water sports, but also a lot of cruising, raft ups, going for dinner. The 190 just doesn't afford us the option to bring many people along.

I'd need to see the boat in person, but if you can get a 2000 PS 205 that is in decent shape for $15k that is a hell of a deal. I bought mine in 2008 and paid in the low $20s. Mind you, mine had low hours, tower, PerfectPass, stereo, etc. Also, 2000 is the last year MC made the direct drive 205.

Sure, I'd love to upgrade to a nice X-45. On the other hand, my 205 suits us fine and has been paid in full since I got her--and I don't want a boat payment. Plus, I'd want a lot more than $15k for mine. Mine is sitting on a 2007 trailer, has a completely upgraded stereo (amps, subs, dual battery, tower speakers), all kinds of lighting (interior LED & tower lights), You can get the tower I have from New Dimension tower. I haven't looked at their prices lately, but I'd guess it would run you $2-3k.

Good Luck.

cfields5
04-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks, we like it and get a lot of use out of it. I now live on the river and still can't imagine not having the open bow. We do a lot of water sports, but also a lot of cruising, raft ups, going for dinner. The 190 just doesn't afford us the option to bring many people along.

I'd need to see the boat in person, but if you can get a 2000 PS 205 that is in decent shape for $15k that is a hell of a deal. I bought mine in 2008 and paid in the low $20s. Mind you, mine had low hours, tower, PerfectPass, stereo, etc. Also, 2000 is the last year MC made the direct drive 205.

Sure, I'd love to upgrade to a nice X-45. On the other hand, my 205 suits us fine and has been paid in full since I got her--and I don't want a boat payment. Plus, I'd want a lot more than $15k for mine. Mine is sitting on a 2007 trailer, has a completely upgraded stereo (amps, subs, dual battery, tower speakers), all kinds of lighting (interior LED & tower lights), You can get the tower I have from New Dimension tower. I haven't looked at their prices lately, but I'd guess it would run you $2-3k.

Good Luck.

Well, I drove 2 hrs to look at it today. (2000 PS205) Here is what I found. I would appreciate opinions on the find. It's in resonably good shape. He has had some of the seats recovered and they look good but the tan doesn't match the origonal tan where the two colors meet. Not a big issue for me. the prop has a pretty big ding/fold in one of the blades. No bimini top. Not a Power Slot. No Perfect Pass. No tower. Needs some good ol waxing but the gelcoat is in good shape. The only exception is that the transom was in the sun in the storage place and its really faded in fact he tried to have it buffed and whomever did that took off the transom MC decals in the process. The blue on the transom may not be able to be brought back to life with buffing. I dont know if it can or not. Overall engine and everything elese has been kept up with. Here is the $64 dollar question. He wants 18k and thinks it's in awesome shape. I think it's in great mechanical shape but not $18K worth.I could go to $15K. What do you think please. Am I just going to have to settle for a closed bow or an older one?

Thanks very much,

Chad

Jeff d
04-07-2011, 10:47 PM
The prop is probably no big deal. Inboard nibral props are not nearly as durable as the SS ones on outboards and I/Os. You want them to be the weak point in the system to minimize the potential for damage to your strut and shaft. Most people on here probably have to have their props reworked 1-3 times per season. It will be $75-150 to repair.

I'd bet the transom will buff out 90-98%. I've seen some really bad ones buff out really nice but you generally have to get some high end aggressive compound and a rotary buffer after it. He probably just didn't have the right compound, buffer or patience to do the job right.

Based on what you've described I personally wouldn't pay $18k. Perfect pass will run you $1,100, a tower will be around $1,300-2,500 and that's all DIY installed. So, you're really talking about about a $21k boat if you're willing and able to do all of that work yourself. Generally when you invest sweat equity in something you'd expect to get more than you paid for but it doesn't sound like you would at that price because I'd bet you wouldn't have much trouble finding a "real" X5 with ballast tanks and what not.

Barefooter92
04-07-2011, 11:18 PM
Well, I drove 2 hrs to look at it today. (2000 PS205) Here is what I found. I would appreciate opinions on the find. It's in resonably good shape. He has had some of the seats recovered and they look good but the tan doesn't match the origonal tan where the two colors meet. Not a big issue for me. the prop has a pretty big ding/fold in one of the blades. No bimini top. Not a Power Slot. No Perfect Pass. No tower. Needs some good ol waxing but the gelcoat is in good shape. The only exception is that the transom was in the sun in the storage place and its really faded in fact he tried to have it buffed and whomever did that took off the transom MC decals in the process. The blue on the transom may not be able to be brought back to life with buffing. I dont know if it can or not. Overall engine and everything elese has been kept up with. Here is the $64 dollar question. He wants 18k and thinks it's in awesome shape. I think it's in great mechanical shape but not $18K worth.I could go to $15K. What do you think please. Am I just going to have to settle for a closed bow or an older one?

Thanks very much,

Chad

Chad: I was in your position about 18mo ago. Paitence is the key. Stick with a 205 for the kids. I really wanted Thralls 95 PS190 but had twins and decided to keep looking for the 205. Found one 750mi away and paid $1500 more than my budget, however, this year making all the upgrades and canopy for the lift. What I am saying is get the boat for your price on your terms and all the extras and maintenance will come in time. If you do the work yourself it helps keep you out of trouble. I too was the young guy before wakeboards so I wanted the ski performance boat that the 190 offered. Pick a little bit older model such as the 1995-1997 era you will get better ski performance at a $15K budget. They are out there you just have to keep looking. Mine was clean and only had 185 hours not bad for 13 years old.

Good luck and welcome to TT.

I will help with any of your questions on the 97 PS 205.

Kevin

Willski
04-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Sounds to me like the 205 is your better option. Or you could consider a 197 (open bow), but I think they would be higher than your budget, as they didn't come out until later. Not sure of the first year for the 197. My kids are 7 and 9, and the four of us in an 84 MC was getting to be too much. Your kids are older, so obviously bigger, and more likely to want to bring friends as many here have noted. 18k seems high, but my 84 traded for $6500 with 1600+ hours on it. Maybe you noted, but I didn't see the hours on the 205.

cfields5
04-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Thanks for this. You are right. If I can't get this one then I will just keep looking. I guess I really need to stick to the plan to find a 205 that been taken care of. Kevin, I am inerested in one that's 3 states away. Not practical for me to drive to see it. I am very interested to find out how you arranged the transportation and had it checked out etc...

Thanks very much Kevin and willski. The 205 has 450 hrs on it.

Chad

cfields5
04-08-2011, 08:35 AM
I just wanted to say Thanks for your input as well Jeffd. By the way looks like your in the SE area we are in North Carolina. You ?

Thanks,

Chad

Barefooter92
04-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks for this. You are right. If I can't get this one then I will just keep looking. I guess I really need to stick to the plan to find a 205 that been taken care of. Kevin, I am inerested in one that's 3 states away. Not practical for me to drive to see it. I am very interested to find out how you arranged the transportation and had it checked out etc...

Thanks very much Kevin and willski. The 205 has 450 hrs on it.

Chad

Well mine was an ebay find in the dead of winter. I am in Ohio and the boat was in Atlanta. I stuck my neck out a bit but again I knew every open bow MC this side of the Mississippi. I had three on the hook when this one came up. He was a car dealer in the Atlanta area so I looked up his business and ran everything through there. I ended up buying from the photos and long conversations with the owner. Made the trip two months later and a ten minute test drive it was the real deal. My father-in-law and I took the weekend and picked it up. Again probaly not the best way to deal with this kind of money but it worked this time. There are enough good guys here on TT that live in the area of the one you want. I am sure we at TT would be glad to do some local investigation for you before you make the long trip for nothing.

BriEOD
04-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Did you make him an offer? All he can say is no, and counter your offer. I still think that is a pretty good price. However, use the issues with the boat to negotiate the price down.

That boat sounds like it is in decent condition. You should be able to get the color back. Do a search on here as there are loads of threads about using different products, etc. There have been some pretty remarkable transformations. The prop is no big deal. You can pop it off and have it repaired for $100-200.

You've got to do what is right for you. But, it sounds like you have made up your mind that you want a 205. If it were me, I'd try and find the newest one I could. As time has progressed, MC has increased the storage and options available on the boat. As such, (all things being equal) the newer the boat, the better the resale.

Moreover, I disagree with the gentleman's assertion a couple of posts up that an older 205 has better skiability than a newer one. I'm no Andy Mapple, but I cannot tell much difference between a 94 my uncle had, my friends 97, and mine.

If you haven't already, you need to look through this thread (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=5337). It is a comprehensive discussion about the PS 205 by year. It is very informative and the author did us all a service.

Bottom line: if you are close on the price, make him an offer. As the weather continues to warm, it goes from a buyers to a sellers market. Haggle with the guy and see if you can get something done. If not, walk...

ttu
04-08-2011, 09:57 AM
go with the 205 since you have a family.

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/boa/2239205078.html

Thrall
04-08-2011, 11:14 AM

Chad

The fading will come out, 99% sure. My 190 was totally oxidized on one side when I bought it and it took an entire day of wet sanding, polishing and buffing but it all came out. My X2 transom and swim deck were pretty oxidized and it cleaned up too. Make sure you drive it. Bent prop may mean nothing or it may have a bent shaft or strut.
No need for a powerslot IMO with that hull even if it has the TBI motor, especially if it's the LTR.
A new ND tower will run you about $2500 + accessories (bimini, racks, speakers, whatever). They do pop up from time to time used though. I found a ND tower for my 190 for $1200. There are alot of unversal towers that look good on Prostars for less $ though.
I wouldn't worry about looking for an older model to stay within your budget.
IMO, to a point the year doesn't matter unless you're talking small hull changes. What does matter is the overall condition/maint of the boat, added accessories that would cost big $ to add on and the hours on it.
I'd look for an older boat in great condition before settling for a newer model in "ok" condition.

Jeff d
04-08-2011, 11:35 AM
By the way looks like your in the SE area we are in North Carolina. You ?

Baton Rouge, LA

Ski-me
04-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Keep in mind, regardless of which boat you get, you will always put some more money into it. Whether it's the older 190 or 205, you will still need to put something into it......just the nature of the beast.

I personally went for the 205 and that was a pretty easy decision. 3 kids and friends/cousins fill that thing up pretty fast! For playing around with kids....definitely the 205. Who cares about the wake when the boat is filled up!

When you are ready to ski, kick everyone out (lighten the load) and you get an excellent ski wake. That 205 is a great, all around boat!

Make this guy an offer....all he can do is say no.

Barefooter92
04-10-2011, 09:48 PM
cfields: Did you see the 205 for sale here in one of todays threads?

DeVrieski
04-11-2011, 01:03 AM
I purchased a 2000 205 last spring. I was coming from a closed bow ski boat and knew that the 1999 or 2000 205 was the only boat I wanted. I waited for about six months before finding my 205. I searched every site daily until the right one came along. I got mine for 15K but I made a full price offer on the boat the day it came on the market and there were three people waiting at the dealership to see the boat and make an offer themselves so I just happened to be the first to find it. If you are patient you will find the right one for close to your price range. The gelcoat will come back. My transom was faded as well and it has buffed out nicely. I too need to replace my sticker as it doesn't look perfect after being buffed, but the color came back great. If you get the 205 you will love it. Mine slalom's better than my previous closed bow (not MC) and it will wakeboard, surf, or barefoot well also. I bought it because if it's versatility and I haven't been disappointed. Good luck!

sully
04-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Here is a nice 205...
http://www.waterskis.com/1997-MasterCraft-ProStar-205-p/1997_mastercraft_prostar_205.htm

cfields5
04-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Yes made him an offer last week. A friend had told me he was asking 16-17k and he told me he wants 18k. I offered 16k and would pick it up right away. He countered with 17k. I guess we will keep looking. I could probably make a final offer of $16.5k to see if that would work. That would be a fair deal I think but still kind of a stretch since I need to stay under 15k. It need a drivers seat upolstery job and a bimini. Prop needs a refurb. Solid engine and everyting else is good. Thanks for the link Sully by the way. Anybody tried getting transportation when buying a boat in another state? i have a couple of 1994 205's for sale in my area. Anyone know anything about that year / Good /Bad?

DeVrieski
04-16-2011, 01:15 AM
I used uship for mine. It worked out ok but if you go this route let me know and I will give you some things I learned from my experience.

BriEOD
04-16-2011, 08:28 AM
1994 was a great year. My uncle had one. It is the first year MC had EFI on the motor. It has an excellent slalom wake. On the bad side, there isn't a whole lot of storage like the later models. Again, see the 205 by year thread I posted earlier on this thread.

JohnE
04-16-2011, 11:50 AM
Nice older 205 for sale here: http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/boa/2317063954.html

I'd be willing to check it out if anyone is interested.

cfields5
04-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Do you yhink 15.5k is too much for a 205 1994 with 250hours? I am looking at one tomorrow that has been in his garage (reason for low hours) he only used it once last year. It looks cherry.

rand49er
04-18-2011, 12:47 AM
Do you yhink 15.5k is too much for a 205 1994 with 250hours? I am looking at one tomorrow that has been in his garage (reason for low hours) he only used it once last year. It looks cherry.Personally, I don't. That is VERY low hours. How does it look?

I bought a '97 205 Sammy Duvall (std motor) with 202 hrs for $17k 2-1/2 weeks ago. It looks positively new.

jconover
04-18-2011, 01:04 AM
Hi cfields -

Some words from a guy that has been down this exact road and dilemma -

I bought a PS190 on the cheap ($6500) and ended up putting about that much into it again to get it running solid and take care of the looks, then $2500 more for the mini tower. (new dimension towers rock, by the way - look awesome, ultra-strong, and made in america ;-))

But here's the most important thing: I've got 4 kids (10 months, 2 years, 4 years and 6 years) - and they all want to go on the boat. While the PS190 can hold 6 people, it's not exactly roomy. The open bow will be a godsend when it comes to adding kids, not to mention squeezing in a guest or two.

BriEOD
04-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Do you yhink 15.5k is too much for a 205 1994 with 250hours? I am looking at one tomorrow that has been in his garage (reason for low hours) he only used it once last year. It looks cherry.

250 hours in 17 years.... Hmmmm.....

east tx skier
04-18-2011, 11:57 AM
250 hours in 17 years.... Hmmmm.....

It's a bit of a red flag (that is a very low hour boat for its age for sure), but it could be a great deal. My current boat had 190 hours at 9 years old that matched up with meticulous records. No issues from its light use during that time. It is currently 13 years old with 250 hours.

ShamrockIV
04-18-2011, 12:00 PM
205 all the way. best hull ever made

Barefooter92
04-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Cfields:

Have you purchased a boat yet? There is a nice PS 205 1997 Sammy D in Atlanta check craigs list. Only want $14900, clean with low hours and LT-1.

ttu
04-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Cfields:

Have you purchased a boat yet? There is a nice PS 205 1997 Sammy D in Atlanta check craigs list. Only want $14900, clean with low hours and LT-1.

wow, i went and looked at that one, very nice!

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/boa/2333596948.html

Barefooter92
04-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Someone here needs to buy this boat so I can forget about it. See the above atlanta craigs list.

ShamrockIV
04-21-2011, 11:16 AM
205!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agarabaghi
04-21-2011, 11:22 AM
I see you are located in the southeast... I have a 94 prostar 205 which we are looking to sell. If you are near the orlando area I would not mind taking you out for a spin.

www.garabaghi.com/boat.pdf

there are some pictures there