PDA

View Full Version : Any TOWSON alumni?

Jerseydave
04-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Did anyone on here go to Towson U. ?
My son will be attending Towson in the fall.....always like to hear some first-hand comments about this school.

beef
04-01-2011, 03:54 PM
My son goes there now. What will yours be taking? They have some great programs there, and all our experiences so far have been great. They've been making some changes there (at least in the music/arts department that have had a very positive impact.

krra1
04-07-2011, 08:21 AM
I am a 1987 grad and really enjoyed my time there. It's a good school, considered the second hardest of the state schools to get into in Maryland behind College Park.

My son who is in 8th grade informed me he plans on going there as well. It was called Towson State U. when I attended.
It's a great college town/city. In the greater Baltimore area there are over 15 colleges. It will be hard for him not to have a fun time. The teaching school and nursing school drives up the female population at Towson.

Jerseydave
04-07-2011, 08:20 PM
beef, he'll be focusing on journalism..........hopefully with some future involvement in sports journalism (but we are not ruling anything out such as sports marketing or communication)
He absolutely loves following sports!

krra1, glad to hear that you had a good experience there. The school, as you know, is much larger now than in the 80's......and the girl/boy ratio is 60/40......nice!