PDA

View Full Version : Rash gaurd shirt question

h2oskifreak
03-31-2011, 02:26 AM
I use a rash gaurd shirt every time I ski except when I am in a shorty or full wet suit. I also use neoprene ski shorts every time unless in the wetsuits. My gal bought me a new double layer long sleeve Dakine brand rash gaurd last week and it looks tiny even though it's a XL. I am 6'1" 173 lbs. and have long arms like a monkey. My question is this; it appears to be about 3" shorter in the body than my other Oneil brand short sleeve shirts, "might" be able to tuck into my ski shorts, but it is close. Will it stretch permently? It is made of 92% polypropelene and 8% spandex. It is short in the sleeve as well, going down only about 4 inches short of my wrist. Is this typical? I wear a lot of XL shirts and I understand those are a little oversized on my reg. clothes and know this type of garment should be tight, but this thing makes me wonder if it is miss marked. Does anybody have this brand to give me input. I hate to send things back, but will if I just can't won't use them. I can't see this shirt getting a lot of use as my lake is shallow and warms up fast, so maybe 2 weeks early and again late in the year. Input appreciated as to stretching and sizing. Thanks in advance.

Freak

craig3972
03-31-2011, 02:31 AM
rash gaurds are for surfers

BriEOD
03-31-2011, 08:14 AM
And ... people who don't want to get sunburned!

h2oskifreak
03-31-2011, 10:21 AM
It helps me not get chaffed in my upper bicept and pit area. In addition, It matches my ski and vest and gets me at least 3 extra balls.

flipper
03-31-2011, 11:21 AM
It helps me not get chaffed in my upper bicept and pit area. In addition, It matches my ski and vest and gets me at least 3 extra balls.
I only have two :D

j4rowell
03-31-2011, 11:31 AM
Imagine 5. Ladies Ladies Ladies.

east tx skier
03-31-2011, 11:42 AM
The O'Neill rash guards I have all have loops on the front of the shirt at the bottom. I just tie them to my board shorts and it keeps my lovely midriff concealed.

They are pretty springy. I don't thing it will get stretched out of shape.

Not just for surfers.

craig3972
03-31-2011, 12:09 PM
up here we use dry suits to keep the sun off

Tap
03-31-2011, 01:14 PM
We use the Rash guards as a much preferred sun protection. With Sunscreen you are constantly apply 3+ a day on arms and back. This is immediately rubbed off into the life jacket or worse into the steering wheel leaving you with nothing on yourself. The shirts do stretch over time but this can be reduced if you 'handwash' the shirts and air dry. Washing machines are not their friends. (still use sunscreen on the face).

muskingumriverdocks
03-31-2011, 01:31 PM
Only rash guard I ever heard of was not to pee in your wetsuit.

h2oskifreak
03-31-2011, 03:39 PM
Only rash guard I ever heard of was not to pee in your wetsuit.

Nice........

ntidsl
03-31-2011, 03:57 PM
couldn't help it...I see way to many of these kids at the beach lately...

Patrick Hardy
03-31-2011, 04:30 PM
I use rash guards every time out, I have had a melanoma scary and that was enough for me to always wear one. I only wear the tee shirt style like these, they are much more comfortable.
http://www.hostelboardcompany.com/p-2518-oneill-24-7-ss-crew-rashguard-wht.aspx

GT500 MC
03-31-2011, 04:51 PM
couldn't help it...I see way to many of these kids at the beach lately...
Looks like he's ready to go footin'.