PDA

View Full Version : Upholstery Prices

TampaTony
03-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Just curious to what everyone is paying. What is typical for a re-upholstery price for an observer seat in a 1998 prostar (maroon/beige) ? Is it better to do pieces as they need it or bite the bullet and do the whole boat at once ?

03geetee
03-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Just curious to what everyone is paying. What is typical for a re-upholstery price for an observer seat in a 1998 prostar (maroon/beige) ? Is it better to do pieces as they need it or bite the bullet and do the whole boat at once ?

You will have a hard time matching the seat to the rest due to fade, and if you do the seat it may not fade the same as the rest. I would say just live with the seat or do the whole boat when you are able.

I just got mine redone and its a nice way to breathe new life into an old boat.

JTR

americanskierJim
03-29-2011, 09:13 PM
I payed $1400.00 to have my 80 redone and new and fresh skins and foam. If it where my boat I would have all new skins it would feel like a new boat again. My:twocents:

UrbantuxTN
03-29-2011, 09:33 PM
I had my old reinell redone but I didn't do the sideboards, it never matched right and I regretted it. If you have the cash do the whole thing. The difference is amazing. The other thing is cheaper != better. I went with the lowest bidder and it wasn't great, it was passable.

kskonn
03-30-2011, 12:31 AM
I received a quote for 1400 for the whole thing, they had two other boats in the shop and they looked great. I have done new wakeboard racks, decals, refinished the teak, compounded the hull, new sound system, all that is left is the interior. The boats I saw at the shop looked brand new with the new interior, it was a huge change.

Jim@BAWS
03-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Tony

Your new passenger side seat looks great! We where able to match it pretty darn close. The problem is it is one piece with 3 different colors. That RUBIN red has to be purchased in a larger section then cut to size. I know it is expensive. Would it be less to do it all at one time..yes it probably would.

Redoing an interior on a 1988 PS 190 is alot less expensive than on a 1996 PS 205. Alot more more and alot more colors and curves etc I hope this explains it better

Jim@BAWS

73blue
03-30-2011, 09:32 AM
Gonna cost me around 3k to get my 04 x-10 completely redone. Of course thats with the 2011 vinyl

03geetee
03-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Gonna cost me around 3k to get my 04 x-10 completely redone. Of course thats with the 2011 vinyl

!!!!eek!!!!

I guess its all relative...

I bought my boat for 4200.00 bucks, and just replaced the carpet and interior for around 2K with me removing all the carpet myself and reinstalling my interior (not the shop) I was able to get a great price for great work but its around half of the cost of the boat was!!!

So I guess 3K aint that bad and like Jim said Im sure it is VERY complex compared to my old tug.

JTR