PDA

View Full Version : battery questions... help!

shocker47
03-29-2011, 04:45 PM
hey guys i got a 93 prostar 205. I got a full audio system (4 speakers. sub woofer) and I'm going to be running 2 batteries. Both batteries are going to be under the observer seat. Ill be using 0 gauge wire for hooking up the 2 batteries. I have a perko switch also. The question i have is what size wire does the boat have normally? I'm going to be hooking up 0 gauge wire to the power and ground of the normal location and will be running the wire to the observer seat. How can i connect the 0 gauge to the oem battery wire?

Thrall
03-29-2011, 05:05 PM
My 06 MC is 2ga from the factory.
Just put new battery terminals on your new wires to hook to the battery or use distribution blocks if you need multiple connections.

JJMorris3
03-29-2011, 05:43 PM
The OEM factory wires will reach to under the observer's seat. I did it on my 94 205. You just need to re-route them. Pull them back into the engine compartment and then feed them forward instead. If you are going to leave the OEM wires routing back to the stern, then shouldn't you leave at least one battery there? I moved mine forward because it seemed unsafe to me to have a battery in a relatively closed compartment with a gas tank.

shocker47
03-29-2011, 06:12 PM
did you have to cut any holes? how can i feed them up into the observer seat?