View Full Version : My First Mastercraft 205V
03-29-2011, 05:14 AM
Hi Everyone, am just in the final stages of buying the boat below, its my 1st Mastercraft after owning a 83 2001 Ski Nautique, the boats needs a fair bit of tidy up work but am in the Marine Industry and restored my last boat so should be a fun project.
Ild just like to give a congratulations to the amazing site you have all put info into, have spent countless hours on here over the last couple of weeks reading everything i can find about the 205v and can honestly say the info i found on here is priceless, will try keep you update on the work, mite take a while as money persists.
(Hope photos upload correct)
03-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Looks like you got a nice boat there mate. Keep us updated with more pics as you get it back in shape.
03-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Congrats and good looking boat, I have the X1 (same Hull). That looks like a ND tower. You'll love that boat.
03-29-2011, 09:01 AM
Looks very nice and clean, congrats !!!
congrats on the mc. great looking boat. make sure you post more pictures of it.
03-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Congratulations, great looking boat.
03-29-2011, 10:22 AM
looks great! congrats on the new buy.
03-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Congrats on the purchase, looks good. Wetsounds on the tower too... won't have to worry about upgrading those. :D
03-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Best hull Mastercraft has ever made.
03-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Thanks Everyone, Just a Quick Few Questions
1. can you buy new Boarding Platform brackets, reason i ask is i know the X-Star and my mate X1 they changed the hight of the duck board for when ballasted, looks to me like i should just be able to replace the 'triangle' brackets not the Hull mounts.
2. i have searched and searched on here but so my topics does anyone know a really good thread on ballast install (in this hull) using Jabsco Reverse-able pumps, previous owner installed all 4 sacks and 3 pumps but he said it does not work that well and it looks a bit messy to me.
3. Anyone had problems with the Wet Sounds grills paint fading back to a yellow colour, also the black on them has started to go Chalky (not well looked after but had kind of expected more from these)
4. See where the board racks are mounted, thats not standard position on this tower is it, they look like they should be able to mount on the flat brace half way up the tower?
5. tower has quite a few marks on it, any tips on polishing it back up?
6. Since im am getting interior redone i am playing with the idea of turning the seating into Wrap Around has anyone done it, i dont want to butcher it i would glass up a box and Gel it to try look standard.
Some More photos attached
03-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Nice looking boat - Congratulations!
03-31-2011, 04:41 AM
I'm in NZ (Taupo/Mangakino based) - have an X1 that we have installed the 4 Jabscos (replaced rear tanks with the large 340kg sacs, installed Integrated Ballast Sac with it's own pump and plumbing) - you can try me for any tips etc (email@example.com), or I'll be at the Nationals this weekend if you are heading that way (I'll be in the boat judging for most of it, but ask the organisers to point out Dan for you) - any help I can be .............
03-31-2011, 08:12 AM
Here is a thread regarding installation of integrated ballast into a 205V: LINK (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=7798&highlight=ballast+install)
You're right about the racks. The ones at the top look like aftermarket add-ons. You need some fingers and bungee cords for the the ones at the mid point. Check eBay, they show up from time-to-time.
Good luck and nice boat.
03-31-2011, 08:33 AM
Looks like all the links in that thread are dead, site no longer there.
04-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Congrats! Just got my first Mastercraft yesterday. Thing is, the ice just melted off the lakes around here, and we're going to be able to ski in another five weeks. You, on the other hand, are going into autumn. How long is your season there?
04-02-2011, 12:59 AM
boat looks great! just a thought on the vinyl up front, do not do a full wrap around. The breaks are there to relive tension on the vinyl when there is more than one person up front. just my 2c
04-03-2011, 03:43 AM
Anyone know of where else that post is? would really like to see it, the front 2 tanks seam to work well, just need some photos to have set up the rear.
we prob have the rest of this month left in this season! so will get in as much as i can this before starting any work on the boat.