PDA

View Full Version : Zip It Kids!!!!

Huskie05
03-27-2011, 11:33 PM
So, any Father on here will know just where I am coming from. My kids are basically tough, really tough. We dirt bike, we boat, we back country ski. With tough kids come kids that basically don’t know when they have met their match, or when to zip it and be a little humble. Well today I got their attention. You see our old boat we used to wake board, tube, ski, and knee board. They used to mock me when they were on the tube behind the old boat, saying things like that’s all you got old man, come on captain fatty, lets get it going….. Well today ladies and gentleman, we took the new X55 out for a little run around Utah Lake in the 50 degree temps. We ran the boat a different speeds, ran the stereo, switched this, did that. And then it happened!! Got up to wake board speed, looked at the kids watching what was their new wake, and they were humble, not talking smack, and for the first time scared a little. I stopped the boat and started laughing kind of like the evil bastard I am. I said kids, that is the wake with out the ballast tanks filled, we don’t have the dogs with us, and the boat is basically empty of all weight from our Lake Powell gear. I then said kids, just wait until we get (our tube) Big Mable out! Pay back time for all the fat jokes. The rest of the way home they kept telling me how slim, handsome, and athletic I am. True Story…. Tell you the truth, I am a little nervous getting behind the boat, the freaking wake was no joke, and I can’t imagine how much bigger it will be with the ballast filled to the gills.
The Super Charged V8 is for real, amazing low end torque. That boat jumped out of the hole, it was unreal….
Driving this boat is very different from our Bravo III we had, in reverse around the dock, very little steering! I did just find, been around boats my entire life, but I can tell you around a crowded dock or fuel pump it could get tricky, love to have any tips from you MC experts….Kids are in their rooms doing homework, not talking crap! LOVE IT!!!!

sand2snow22
03-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Congrats! Kids will be talking smack and wanting more ballast soon......

sand2snow22
03-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Usually the boat will pull to the starboard side when reversing. If you want to back up straight, let it pull starboard for a second, turn the wheel all the way to the right, then touch the throttle forward. Then reverse, then fwd, etc.....

When docking, idle fwd into the dock on the starboard side at a 45 degree angle, when you get close (be careful new boat) hit reverse, the stern will come around parallel with the dock.......

03 35th Anniversary
03-27-2011, 11:59 PM
Usually the boat will pull to the starboard side when reversing. If you want to back up straight, let it pull starboard for a second, turn the wheel all the way to the right, then touch the throttle forward. Then reverse, then fwd, etc.....

When docking, idle fwd into the dock on the starboard side at a 45 degree angle, when you get close (be careful new boat) hit reverse, the stern will come around parallel with the dock.......

Freakin Know it all........

8p

G-Star
03-28-2011, 12:02 AM
No bow thrusters on that yacht? ;)

Seriously though, reverse can be a pain on a 19-foot DD. You'll get used to it as time goes on. Just don't hit anything with that nice new boat!

Huskie05
03-28-2011, 12:04 AM

Thank you, I did pratice this today, it did just what you said at the 45 degree angle. It was an empty marina, so I did a little practice. Kids had the stereo going like a night club, so could not stay at the marina long.

Cmpdman
03-28-2011, 12:23 AM
Looks like fun! Best thing is to practice. Coming from an I/o to an x45 drove me nuts the first time or two docking. I could not get the x45 to spin clockwise. It would only go counter clockwise. Once in reverse it would always pull to the starboard side. I learned to turn, put in forward and then reverse and wait a few seconds. Repeat several times and you can spin on a dime. After I figured it out it changed how I pulled up the dock, the trailer, etc. But once you get it, it's really not hard. I'm not sure how the x45 compares to the x55, but I'm excited to find out!

Cmpdman
03-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Also, that looks cold! I drove past our lake last week and it was still frozen. Checking out TX lakes next week.

Miss Rita
03-28-2011, 12:38 AM
Looks like a little fresh snow on the Wasatch...

sand2snow22
03-28-2011, 12:51 AM
No bow thrusters on that yacht? ;)

That's what I was thinking! You would think for as much as he paid for that engine they would come for free :D

WakePowell
03-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Nice picture! I don't miss that "clean" Utah Lake water....

scott023
03-28-2011, 10:21 AM
That's what I was thinking! You would think for as much as he paid for that engine they would come for free :D

It's funny because it's true... :rotf:

kskonn
03-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Also, that looks cold! I drove past our lake last week and it was still frozen. Checking out TX lakes next week.

Where you headed in Texas? I live in Central texas and I have been wakeboarding the last two weeks in board shorts and a life jacket and the water has felt great. I am not sure what the water temps will be in north texas but if you are hitting Central or South texas you should have some fun.

2RLAKE
03-28-2011, 01:09 PM
page 11 of the new MC owners manual ... MCs are not permitted to tow tubes of any kind ....!!

2RLAKE
03-28-2011, 01:11 PM
I hope no one posts a picture of me pulling a tube. For years i had my one nephew convinced MCs are not allowed to tow tubes ... all that work went down the drain when we passed a couple of MCs with huge tubes

Cmpdman
03-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Where you headed in Texas? I live in Central texas and I have been wakeboarding the last two weeks in board shorts and a life jacket and the water has felt great. I am not sure what the water temps will be in north texas but if you are hitting Central or South texas you should have some fun.

Houston area. Then off to Austin area. Moving in July/Aug.

Huskie05
03-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Nice picture! I don't miss that "clean" Utah Lake water....
we never go there, it was the only place open with no ice. I don't like looking down at the depth finder seeing only 11 feet, that is messed up.

Sodar
03-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Captain Fatty, nice boat!

Huskie05
03-28-2011, 01:26 PM

Lol, thank you.

scott023
03-28-2011, 01:34 PM

He should get that put on the starboard side window...

bobx1
03-28-2011, 02:06 PM
.....but I can tell you around a crowded dock or fuel pump it could get tricky, love to have any tips from you MC experts….

Get one of these and keep it handy:

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=38800&pdesc=Overtons_Floating_Telescoping_Paddle_Boat_Ho ok&aID=601F3&merchID=4006

thatsmrmastercraft
03-28-2011, 02:08 PM
Get one of these and keep it handy:

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=38800&pdesc=Overtons_Floating_Telescoping_Paddle_Boat_Ho ok&aID=601F3&merchID=4006

Nice post.:D

sand2snow22
04-10-2011, 03:33 AM
It's funny because it's true... :rotf:

Reason I made that comment is b/c look at how much the super charged PCM option costs. Retail $23k+, Invoice $17k+:(:o:rolleyes::confused:

http://www.seedealercost.com/products/model-options/index/id/3230/productCategorySlug/boats

Jerseydave
04-10-2011, 09:37 AM
I use a boat hook sometimes when docking if the current is going away from my dock (tide coming in) It helps to have someone at the stern to grab the dock and pull the stern in.

scott023
04-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Reason I made that comment is b/c look at how much the super charged PCM option costs. Retail $23k+, Invoice $17k+:(:o:rolleyes:http://www.seedealercost.com/products/model-options/index/id/3230/productCategorySlug/boats

:blownaway:

Mother of pearl.

sand2snow22
04-10-2011, 02:39 PM
:blownaway:

Mother of pearl.

TM infringement? Looks like they stole your slogan......

http://www.seedealercost.com/

scott023
04-11-2011, 10:02 AM
TM infringement? Looks like they stole your slogan......

http://www.seedealercost.com/

Looks weak on their site... :rotf:

South Ga. Nole
04-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Funny story. I to have recently moved from a bowrider to an x-25. Hard to get use to the steering. Would not go back though. I had my neighbor who is in college on the the boat this weekend with his new girlfreind and after dragging the kids around lightly on our tube he wanted to ride with his girl. She asked if I had ever flipped it and I told her no so she got on. The 25 wakes are huge and I hit one coming back around only running around 20mph and it sent them about 10 feet in the air. (My tube is huge. A three person.) I had never done that with my old boat and after learning that everyone was ok thought it was hilarious! I then turned to my wife and told her it was her turn and I can't repeat what she told me!

JDJ_205
04-12-2011, 05:37 PM
Congrats on the new MC!

Personally I'll ski and wakeboard until my arms fall off before I ever want to tube - but its nice to have a couple around for guests, etc.

We have a 3 man Nautica tube that has arm and back rests, we've pulled many people around on it and they've all loved it - if anything - its also nice to lay on when we are sitting around our beach or the sandbar.

Hollywood
04-13-2011, 01:47 PM
these tubing stories are great

TallRedRider
04-13-2011, 02:42 PM
My only additional suggestion is to watch the breeze. Launch on the upwind side of the ramp, even if it takes a few extra minutes to get that slot when it is windy. If there is no breeze, I seem to be better able to manage my boat than most I/O's. When it is windy, I say a lot of prayers around the dock, hoping other guys don't run into me.

Terrific pics of your family moping around out in the swamp. ;).