PDA

View Full Version : SKI and Wake board storage in Prostar

Jeff Lyman
03-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Has anyone ever come up with a bracket or something to store slalom skis and a wake board or two in an older Prostar? We toss all the equipment behind the drivers seat on a normal ski afternoon because we do deep water starts out in the river or lake. One of these days a fin is going to rip my back seat or engine cover. With 3 to 6 people skiing each time theres alot of stuff. A rack would be great to slide them into, I dont have and wont buy a tower. Athough the tower ski holders may work and look cool?

I dont want to reinvent an already great idea that may be out there, any ideas?

thatsmrmastercraft
03-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Has anyone ever come up with a bracket or something to store slalom skis and a wake board or two in an older Prostar? We toss all the equipment behind the drivers seat on a normal ski afternoon because we do deep water starts out in the river or lake. One of these days a fin is going to rip my back seat or engine cover. With 3 to 6 people skiing each time theres alot of stuff. A rack would be great to slide them into, I dont have and wont buy a tower. Athough the tower ski holders may work and look cool?

I dont want to reinvent an already great idea that may be out there, any ideas?

Anyone from your group wakeboard? My son boards so we picked up a Barefoot International Fly High Pylon last summer and plan to put a rack on it as we have the same problem at half the places we go.

willgeorge
03-27-2011, 03:28 PM
an extended plyon with rack is going to be your best bet i'd say

gatorguy
03-27-2011, 04:11 PM
I have two thoughts with function being much higher than form.

The first would be to mount a ski rack from a tower straight to the side, or sticking up from the side of your boat.

The second would be to build a rack that would sit on the floor behind the drivers seat and hold the skis straight up and down, or at a 45 deg angle. Think of a tool rack for your garage that you put shovels and rakes in, except it would be the shape of the end of a ski. I have a picture in my mind that doesn't suck as bad as my written explanation does.

I bet if you actually built something that worked there would be a small market for all you non-tower guys.

Jeff Lyman
03-27-2011, 08:25 PM
I had thoughts of the extended pole to use but until my wakeboards really need it and they come up with the cash themselves that idea is out. Gatorguy, you got me thinking..... about useing a snow ski rack that is made to mount on a car roof. It has clamping to hold the skiis in and would hold 4 to 6 I would guess. The unit could be mounted up and down against the gunnel of the boat. I would need a quick release bracket so it can be removed to install the cover. I have the facility to build something like this but need inspiration.

Any other ideas out there.

BIGBADBLUE
03-27-2011, 09:08 PM
Buy a houseboat? :)

Footin
03-27-2011, 09:21 PM
I have an old metal slolom rack mounted on my garage wall. I had it mounted in my 190 up under the bow and it would hold three skis, it worked well.

BROUSSARD
03-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Can't you use the bow storage?

east tx skier
03-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Search on some of the CC forums for the ski racks they had that mounted to the floor and the gunwhales behind the driver's seat. You could fashion something similar out of teak pretty easily.

kskonn
03-27-2011, 10:24 PM
You could model something after the mastercraft CSX boats. I believe they mount the racks on the side of the boat facing out. Not the greates picture in the world but you can see what I am talking about on the below pic.

JMann
03-28-2011, 12:24 AM
I like the ones on the CSX boats. I would definitely be interested in something like that. I have the same problem with 3 or 4 people and the skis and boards behind the drivers seat it really takes a lot of room. If I coudl get everything off the floor I could mount a jump seat behind the drivers seat.

east tx skier
03-28-2011, 10:45 AM
If you mount above the deck, you'll run into problems with the rope.

etduc
03-28-2011, 11:14 AM
If you mount above the deck, you'll run into problems with the rope.

What Eastie said.

I installed a DIY tower, with board rack, now has ski rack on opposing side. (note: not all skis will fit into racks, so get measurements.) Also, installed Monster storage bimini. Yes, ND would have looked better, but the DIY was fairly inexpensive, gets the job done.

It made no, noticeable change in wake, for slalom skiing. Freed up, alot of space, inside the boat.