PDA

View Full Version : x-2 wrap

makaveli2308
03-25-2011, 02:25 AM
hey all,

just looking for peoples opinions on a wrap i am thinking of putting on my boat.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5052/5557565242_a273bd0c5b_b.jpg

thanks for looking and let me know what you think.

rgardjr1
03-25-2011, 02:53 AM
I really like how clean your boat looks now with the navy and white. If you like the wrap then I say that's all that matters. I've seen some really cool versions of the Octo wrap over the past couple of years-that being said my preference is something clean and understated like you have now.

aaron.
03-25-2011, 09:22 AM
i like that wrap, minus the skull... the white flaring design on the sides of the skull is pretty slick though.

scott023
03-25-2011, 10:04 AM
You wanted opinions, so I'll give mine.

There are a lot of wraps out there that are nicer than that one. The MasterCraft name is barely legible, and the skull is too big. Did you look at all the Srilin wraps that are available?

blakehardesty
03-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Sorry dude. Not a good look

Kummer
03-25-2011, 05:37 PM
IT is too busy IMO

scott023
03-25-2011, 05:40 PM
IT is too busy IMO

Busy is good on some wraps... that one, not so much.

brucemac
03-25-2011, 06:11 PM
sorry, i do not like it and i think it's already dated. what does your boat look like now?

but hey if you like it, that's what matters.

rgardjr1
03-25-2011, 06:21 PM
what does your boat look like now?

Good looking X-2:

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=735063&postcount=13

ahhudgins
03-25-2011, 06:22 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the boat owner. If you like it, go for it. I personally don’t like all the flashy wraps…or most wraps for that matter. I like a nice clean look with just “MasterCraft” on the side. But I’m just an old fart.:D

brucemac
03-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Good looking X-2:

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=40096

ahh, heck nothing wrong with it as is, but i can understand maybe wanting to change it up especially with the new interior (lucky bugger).

scott023
03-25-2011, 06:26 PM
ahh, heck nothing wrong with it as is, but i can understand maybe wanting to change it up especially with the new interior (lucky bugger).

Dang, that looks gooooood.

rgardjr1
03-25-2011, 06:35 PM

My bad that's not his boat pasted the wrong link. That's ShawnBs old boat that he upgraded to an X-25. That link was for the tar interior thread. Sorry everyone. I really like this treatment for an X-2 single color-maybe tint the windshield go with a white Mastercraft on the navy boat:

thatsmrmastercraft
03-25-2011, 06:41 PM
You wanted opinions, so I'll give mine.

There are a lot of wraps out there that are nicer than that one. The MasterCraft name is barely legible, and the skull is too big. Did you look at all the Srilin wraps that are available?

I hate to say this, but I agree with Scott here. White on blue is great but its really hard to read that it says Mastercraft in a picture, let alone cruising down the lake or heading down the road on a trailer.

brucemac
03-25-2011, 06:42 PM
yeah that was wakecumberlands old X-2, loved that boat. wanted to buy it, but timing was not right and it had a few more hours than i would have liked for an 06. sweet looking boat though, so clean.

so i'm confused, what's the OP's boat look like?

rgardjr1
03-25-2011, 06:46 PM
so i'm confused, what's the OP's boat look like?

Here it is sorry for the confusion earlier:

brucemac
03-25-2011, 06:48 PM
oh sweet, that's sharp. i'd do exactly like wakecumerland did in the above white one, or i'd leave it alone. that boat is perfect as is imo. i want a nice clean single color white or black 06 X-2.

Sodar
03-25-2011, 06:58 PM
Opinion?

Unlike a lot of people, the wrap does not need to be a poster for MasterCraft in order for me to like it, but that wrap is FUCGLY!!

Sodar
03-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Now to derail this thread a bit....

I think a wrap like this on an MC would look pretty cool!!

https://sirlinenterprises.com/files/work-samples/freedom.png

sand2snow22
03-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Bet that thing would make a nice wakeboard wake

scott023
03-26-2011, 10:04 AM

I agree, that would look sharp on a boat.

ahhudgins
03-26-2011, 10:19 AM
Since I previously owned an older Stars & Stripes boat, I like the look of the retro decals that MasterCraft By Design has. I have to replace the decals on my 95 and thought about the retro decals, until I realized the stripe on the side of my boat was made into the gel.
Just throwing it out there.

thatsmrmastercraft
03-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Since I previously owned an older Stars & Stripes boat, I like the look of the retro decals that MasterCraft By Design has. I have to replace the decals on my 95 and thought about the retro decals, until I realized the stripe on the side of my boat was made into the gel.

I would do that and add a half inch white stripe above and below the stars to complete the Stars & Stripes look.

scott023
03-26-2011, 10:54 AM

That's a classy wrap.

Covi
03-26-2011, 01:46 PM

https://sirlinenterprises.com/files/work-samples/freedom.png

Sick Looking rig. I'd love to see a matching MC being towed behind it!!!

makaveli2308
03-27-2011, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Wasn't too sure about it to start with, hence why i asked opinions.

Not sure who said it, but i tend to agree that the skulls may be a little dated.

Think i might just leave it alone. I think from a resale perspective down the track, a plain boat would sell quicker than a wrapped boat.

thanks again all, and i like the look of the old school stars and stripes sticker kit.

hbomb
03-27-2011, 09:47 PM
will get my 3 bits in........
it is mentioned "if you like it go for it" and that is true but it is the public who has no vested interest that offers the best opinion of all......
youngies love them, geriatrics loathe them and us in betweens perhaps ask why would you spend so much money on something that if it was so good, why does it not come "ex factory" when you order the boat....
the boat is unusual in color and apart from the blue and white deck posted by another mc owner, it is the uniqueness of the color that makes it stand out from the ordinary......
keep it plain.........

Cmpdman
03-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Opinion... Love the blue & white combination, but not the skull or the mastercraft logo. I like the MC logo to stand out. Hey, it's just an opinion, you should do what you like. :)