PDA

View Full Version : Transom Saver

bturner2
03-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Anyone know what the going price is on a transom saver for a 07 X2 is these days. I can't take hearing what all you guys down south have been doing to your boats and need to work on something soon. The only part I have at the house is the platform soooooo...... Thanks!

east tx skier
03-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Around 70 bucks for my boat from teak world. Probably close to that for yours.

bturner2
03-25-2011, 04:23 PM
In case anyone is interested in doing a transom saver they're still $75 and in my case an additional $23 to ship to MI. This is a steal of a deal as I was going to try and buy local but was quoted $240 from my dealer. At $100 I would have bought local but roughly 3x hello internet.

I called down there today and talked to Tommy. Seems like a real good guy and was very helpful can't wait to get the transom saver so I can finally do some work the boat like all the guys down south.

scott023
03-25-2011, 04:42 PM
I think the list on mine was $85.

east tx skier
03-25-2011, 05:17 PM
In case anyone is interested in doing a transom saver they're still $75 and in my case an additional $23 to ship to MI. This is a steal of a deal as I was going to try and buy local but was quoted $240 from my dealer. At $100 I would have bought local but roughly 3x hello internet.

I called down there today and talked to Tommy. Seems like a real good guy and was very helpful can't wait to get the transom saver so I can finally do some work the boat like all the guys down south.

If you haven't ordered it yet, you might, depending on your preferences, be able to save a buck or two if you don't want the spacers. I mounted mine flush and prefer it to the raised transom savers.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_1gl9obJSimU/S9umKlwwnzI/AAAAAAAAC3Q/RrTiIucL3Rk/s800/100_1604.JPG

bturner2
03-25-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm actually leaning toward setting mine up like yours but I was told tit would be the same price either way.

I'm actually happy with the price after hearing the dealer purchase option. I was actually very surprised to hear about the insane mark up. In the past I've been very happy with the price I've paid from my dealer. Of course I have always been willing to pay a reasonable mark up to buy locally. 3X the price kind of pushed me over the top though. I could have bought an entire used platform and cut it up for that. Oh well we'll go with this way this time and hope for the best the next. Thanks for the link.

azskiking
03-25-2011, 07:18 PM
So, I mostly ski behing our '98 PS205 but now the kids are wakeboarding more. Does that little bit of wood really make a difference? I can put a board on w/o hitting the transom but I only WB 10% of the time

bturner2
03-25-2011, 07:55 PM
I had one on my last boat and it did make a difference 80% of the time someone was putting on a ski and 75% of the time someone was putting on a wakeboard. What it will do is catch the edge of the board as it slides across the platform. If someone is lifting the board or jamming their foot into the boot the board/ski it can/will still come up over the transom saver. This is why they offer some lifting blocks to help prevent all but the very determined to smack your boat.

We pretty much run by three rules on my boat when using the platform to put on skis/boards.

Rule one: Do not hit the boat while putting on your ski/board. Failure to observe this rule will result in ridicule.
Rule two:Please refer to rule one. Second offense will result in intense ridicule and a formal warning.
Rule three: Please refer to rules one and two. Third offense will result in intense ridicule and banishment from the platform for putting on skis/boards.

It may sound harsh but it's tough love on our boat if you start chipping away at our gelcoat.

G-Star
03-25-2011, 09:50 PM
I had one on my last boat and it did make a difference 80% of the time someone was putting on a ski and 75% of the time someone was putting on a wakeboard. What it will do is catch the edge of the board as it slides across the platform. If someone is lifting the board or jamming their foot into the boot the board/ski it can/will still come up over the transom saver. This is why they offer some lifting blocks to help prevent all but the very determined to smack your boat.

We pretty much run by three rules on my boat when using the platform to put on skis/boards.

Rule one: Do not hit the boat while putting on your ski/board. Failure to observe this rule will result in ridicule.
Rule two:Please refer to rule one. Second offense will result in intense ridicule and a formal warning.
Rule three: Please refer to rules one and two. Third offense will result in intense ridicule and banishment from the platform for putting on skis/boards.

It may sound harsh but it's tough love on our boat if you start chipping away at our gelcoat.

Is that anything like walking the plank? ;)

epnault
03-26-2011, 03:55 AM
How hard would it really be to make your own? I am thinking about making my own. EastTX can you tell me how thick that piece of teak is and what he dimension is at the widest point? May I also see some more pics?

Thanks
Eric