PDA

View Full Version : 84 Ss

martini
08-24-2004, 12:48 PM
Alright lets see if these work. These are recent shots of my never ending project, however they don't show all current modifications. I couldn't find any before shots. They have been temporarily misplaced during the move. I hope. Anyway, enjoy.

tall_ andy
08-24-2004, 02:32 PM
Beautiful boat!! Looks like a labor of love!

east tx skier
08-24-2004, 03:52 PM
What a beaut'!

Tom Wortham
08-24-2004, 04:59 PM
NIce boat... do you have any shots that show the interior better.. .and the drivers console. I'm going to redo my 86... and debating on the design of the interior.
Regards, Tom

bradamerry
08-24-2004, 06:08 PM
Sweet S&S, I love the older S&S's..

paulphillipson
08-24-2004, 07:19 PM
Beautiful boat! I'v had 3 190's, but none of them S&S, which to my mind are the best looking tournament boats ever. We have several on our lake.

ski_king
08-24-2004, 07:23 PM
Very Nice!
I have always liked the S&S's!

NeilM
08-24-2004, 09:19 PM
Awesome. No doubt you've done a LOT of work...:worthy:

Dan K
08-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Martini,
Your boat looks great, I can't believe how clean everything is. Even the bildge looks spotless, Is that gel coated inside as well ?

Skiufool
08-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Engine looks immaculate!

I just purchased an '84 Stars N Stripes as well and am also going through the same restoration project. I've just purchased new accessories for the trailer (new tires and wheels, welded the prop guard, new bearings, new jack and winch), re-wired and replaced amps on massive audio system, and replaced water pump and starter on engine. Its now completely functional, just have to work on the cosmetics like the carpet and upholstery which are next.

Here is the link that shows pics of the boat before I started the restoration. As soon as I get everything done to it I want, I'll post the after pics!

http://www.henningsmurphy.com/MastercraftStarsNStripes

martini
08-25-2004, 01:33 AM
Well, thank you for the goodwill. I appreciate it. Believe me when I tell you this boat is not complete yet. It is rough in places(20 years of use type rough). I have posted a few more, "revealing" pics below. The bilge is clean but it does have scratches, stains and scars. They are little more noticeable with different lighting in the pictures. Please disregard the leaves in the shots, it was very windy the night I took these pictures and just having the cover off for 10 minutes yielded what you will see. It is a clean mechanically sound towboat that starts everytime I want to go to the lake. I can't ask for anything more.

It took me roughly one year to get it running and useable again. From mid August of 02 to July 4 2003. It was a glorious day, that day. Not one hiccup or problem. I digress......

Anyway, I don't have a lot of pics of the interior with me at the moment. They are with my wife in Lubbock currently, but I will be heading that way in about a week. So I will post them soon.

Until next time.

H20skeefreek
08-25-2004, 07:06 AM
Engine looks immaculate!

I just purchased an '84 Stars N Stripes as well and am also going through the same restoration project. I've just purchased new accessories for the trailer (new tires and wheels, welded the prop guard, new bearings, new jack and winch), re-wired and replaced amps on massive audio system, and replaced water pump and starter on engine. Its now completely functional, just have to work on the cosmetics like the carpet and upholstery which are next.

Here is the link that shows pics of the boat before I started the restoration. As soon as I get everything done to it I want, I'll post the after pics!

http://www.henningsmurphy.com/MastercraftStarsNStripes

is that your site or the person you bought it froms site? are you selling it? what carb does that have on it, doesn't look like a holley? well, now i see that it is, looking at the last engine picture, but it's not the stock carb, dual fuel inlets and they are on the wrong side. is that a 4110?

BriEOD
08-25-2004, 07:12 AM
I remember seeing that boat for sale somewhere.

east tx skier
08-25-2004, 10:10 AM
Looks like it has an Edlebrock sticker on it? But if it's a Holley, and if it was purchased recently, it might be a 4150.

martini
08-25-2004, 10:55 AM
East Texas, the Edelbrock is my carb(martini) and the one Skiufool posted is a holley. Not sure what model though, I have never seen a carb like that on these boats. :confused:

Skiufool
08-31-2004, 10:32 PM
It is an aftermarket Holley Carbuerator, and it was replaced recently before I purchased it. To tell you the truth I'm sure about the exact model. I couldn't see any kind of labeling or even compare it to any on the Holley website. But yes, the website is from the guy I purchased it from. I originally found it on ebay, but purchased it outside of ebay. The fuel line does stem from the other side of the engine, which explains why it looks like its on the wrong side, but it works and that's all I care about really!

Waiting for the tower lights & new tires and wheels to arrive. Everything else is installed, my masterplan is all starting to come together!