PDA

View Full Version : HO Basis Binding/ Radar Prime Binding

LaRue
03-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Anyone out there using either one of the bindings? HO and Radar are interchangeable and i am considering buying the Radar Theory and wondering the pros and cons of the Basis and Prime Binding. Will take feedback on the Radar Theory ski also. Thanks in advance TT!:D

fstaslp
03-22-2011, 04:12 PM
I haven't used it yet. although I have had the bindings on and they feel awesome. Much better than my Connelly Stokers

dpolen
03-22-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm not a great skier by any means, but I bought a pair of the Radar Vectors last year when I ripped up my HO Venoms...the Radars are unbelievably comfortable. I really like my boots on my HO ski. Not sure if this helps you or not....hope it does.

TNH2oSkier
03-23-2011, 11:04 PM
I'd look at the vectors, go for the feather frame front, and alum plate rear if you like to angle your rear binding. Very comfy!

gatorguy
03-24-2011, 10:46 AM
I'm about to pick up a left over new 2010 A1 blem for a steel. I'm coming from a 15 yo ski. I am really liking what I've read from the HO web site about Alpha binding and the fact that it is a front entry like a wake board boot. The dealer is trying to talk me into a set of Animal bindings though. He says that unless you get the laces exactly the same every time the feel of the boot will be different and it will throw you off. I'm a new course skier, and he's been doing it forever and is about a 28' off skier. I'm tempted to take his advice, but I also have the "old dog - new tricks" going through my mind. The Alpha and Basis are new boots, and this guy has been skiing the amimals for the last 100 yrs. I just wish that I could find some credible info comparing the two bindings from someone who has skied both and is good. The guy did offer to order the alpha boots and if I don't like them he would take them back and swap them out for the animals. I guess I can't lose, I just like to have things perfect the first time.

TNH2oSkier
03-24-2011, 11:35 AM
For what its worth, I was on animals and they are good quality bindings, but it was a long time before my feet didnt cramp in them. I tore an overlay last year and grabbed some front lace obriens that were on the "boat" ski and couldnt believe how much more comfortable my feet were, I had no idea. I'm testing out others now, and I think I found something somthing I like.

The other HO bindings with the ankle strap scare the heck out of me. To me they are screaming broken ankle in a partial release. But that is just me.

T-Factors from D3 in my opinion are a better traditional binding than animals. Vectors are still my next choice if you like a new school binding and dont want to spend the money on Strada's.

LaRue
03-24-2011, 04:00 PM
I The dealer is trying to talk me into a set of Animal bindings though.

IMHO, i would stay away from the animal bindings. As i have talked to various people, i hear a lot about cramping and numb feet.

maxpower220
03-25-2011, 02:36 PM
I had Animal bindings for a while and they have a lot of support. I then purchased some Connelly Draft bindings for my HO ski and I love them. They are the best bindings that I have ridden. Good luck.

MIskier
03-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Switched from animals to RS1's and love them. My father is on vector boots and they are very comfortable as well, IMO radar currently has the best binding set up out there at the present time.

setidball
03-25-2011, 11:04 PM
Switched from animals to RS1's and love them. My father is on vector boots and they are very comfortable as well, IMO radar currently has the best binding set up out there at the present time.

RS1's get my vote...like putting on a pair of comfy slippers.

gatorguy
03-26-2011, 12:12 AM
Called Marine-Products and talked to their ski guy and ue claimed that HO was moving away from Animals and that the EXO was the new top notch thing and the Alpha and Basis where in second and third.

My dealer here called me back today and said he talked to the HO factory guy who also said the EXO was the latest and greatest, but that the animal wasn't going anywhere. He also said the alpa and basis were more like a boarding boot for the younger new skiers who were used to that style boot. He also said they haven't really gotten much feedback on the alpha or basis and that he really didn't know of any of the super stars that were using them.

LaRue
03-26-2011, 12:35 PM
got to see and touch the Radar Vector and HO Basis yesterday. While both are far beyond my old HO Low wrap, the Vector appears to be a nicer boot. The Radar Strada would be a step up from the Vector.
I have concluded that my front foot will be supported by the Vector binding on a new Radar Theory. Anxious for summer.