PDA

View Full Version : Is this a rare color option

mjb100798
03-19-2011, 12:23 AM
Just wondering if this color combo on this 97 prostar 205 is rare? cant seem to find any with the same color? I know i've read the brochures that said in 97 they came out with a green and blue one but all the other ones i've seen look more like the same style as the earlier 190's...if any of you have one can you please post pics of it?

Thanks, Jay

east tx skier
03-19-2011, 12:36 AM
The graphics are not original, but the blue down to the water line is pretty unique.

SunCoast 83
03-19-2011, 09:46 AM
It's an original X-Star.....The original graphics resembled a large painted "x" so the graphics have been changed. The X-Star started life on the PS205 hull in 1997 with just an option for an air pole/extended pylon. So the tower was added later.....I have only seen one in the last several years that had not since been retrofitted with a tower.

Original colors were blue, green, and I think black. Great find you have there. And being that it is a ProStar 205 (just dressed up) you have a world class slalom and all around ski boat.

The8Ball
03-19-2011, 12:10 PM
I found this on an archive on the web (from MC's web site, back in 1998?)...

The first X-Stars were just ProStar 205's with either a solid green, or solid blue hull.

You can kinda see what the original graphic looks like...

MasterCraft sure was proud of this boat, looking at this write up..