PDA

View Full Version : Mastercraft Speed Control???

x-swagger
03-18-2011, 06:19 PM
:confused:

So I'm looking at purchasing an '07 X-45, however the guy told me that "it just has Mastercraft Speed Control, no Perfect Pass".

What's the difference?

east tx skier
03-18-2011, 07:00 PM
One has pulled world records and the other is MasterCraft Speed Control. :)

CantRepeat
03-18-2011, 07:39 PM
And I for the life of me can not get MC cruise to run RPMs!!

2RLAKE
03-18-2011, 09:01 PM
One has pulled world records and the other is MasterCraft Speed Control. :)

now that is funny

2RLAKE
03-18-2011, 09:02 PM
one is a chevy that gets you from point a to point b at a constant speed and the other is a cadillac ... all depends on what you want/need ...i know a couple of people who have it and it works well for them

mccobmd
03-19-2011, 01:18 AM
And I for the life of me can not get MC cruise to run RPMs!!

I'm just the opposite, i can't get it to run MPH but run's RPM great.

mccobmd
03-19-2011, 01:23 AM
I have it and it works well enough I haven't upgraded. I've researched it up one side and down the other. Eastie's comments aside there is no world record event for the X45. Mine works great on manual, I get my wife to 30mph and hit the manual on. Hold the up button down to increase by 100 rpm, push it once to go up 20 rpm. My wife presets it for rpm for me and it works fine. If I needed the precision in the course I would definitely go with PP Stargazer but for a free skiing, below average wakeborder who sometimes surfs I have bought a pair of wake ski's and a new slalom for half of what PP would have cost me installed.

CantRepeat
03-19-2011, 08:49 AM
I have it and it works well enough I haven't upgraded. I've researched it up one side and down the other. Eastie's comments aside there is no world record event for the X45. Mine works great on manual, I get my wife to 30mph and hit the manual on. Hold the up button down to increase by 100 rpm, push it once to go up 20 rpm. My wife presets it for rpm for me and it works fine. If I needed the precision in the course I would definitely go with PP Stargazer but for a free skiing, below average wakeborder who sometimes surfs I have bought a pair of wake ski's and a new slalom for half of what PP would have cost me installed.

How are you getting it to pull RPM for surfing?

starrski
03-26-2011, 09:01 PM
I use Slalom RPM for slalom skiing and it is close enough for comfortably running the course (shortline 34mph @ 28 off) with an intermediately skilled driver.

I use Wakeboarding MPH for surfing because the load of ballast requires such a large range of power that the KPN and NN adjustments provide the needed adjustment.

I use Wakeboarding MPH or RPM for beginner to intermediate wakeboarders since they don't pull too hard. Once they start advanced manuevers and inverts, the pull is too inconsistent and I go back to "old school" and drive with the thumb and finger throttle method.

I wish the Perfect Pass manual gave more details, and Mastercraft published recommended settings for each of their boat models so we could tune from the one size fits all factory default without hours of trial and error.

Anybody know of a chart that suggests perfect pass settings for speeds at different slalom and wakeboarding ability levels?

CantRepeat
03-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Tested manual the other day at the lake for wake surfing. Work rather well. Well enough that I'm not interested in PP anymore.

Set manual, get close to speed, push on and then just push the + or - buttons. Seems it runs in the RPM mode when doing this.