PDA

View Full Version : The lake is calling.....

timvan
03-18-2011, 07:57 AM
Its supposed to be in the mid 80's tomm and just shy of a full pool at lake Allatoona...

First outing of the season here I come ;)

Duane D
03-18-2011, 07:58 AM
Warming up just in time for PWT stop #1 next week! I'm gonna de-winterize and get in the water too.

j4rowell
03-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Lake's 99% thawed here in SW Michigan as of this morning! Already de-winterized and soon dropping the boat in!

Jim@BAWS
03-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Warming up just in time for PWT stop #1 next week! I'm gonna de-winterize and get in the water too.

Next week??

How about!!!

May 21
Acworth, Georgia
Dallas Landing Park

Duane D
03-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Next week??

How about!!!

May 21
Acworth, Georgia
Dallas Landing Park

Doh!! I'm so geeked up about the warm weather I can't even read the celendar correctly. Hey, i was only 2 months off, right? :)

timvan
03-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Next week??

How about!!!

May 21
Acworth, Georgia
Dallas Landing Park

And its a great party too....

Duane D
03-18-2011, 09:39 AM
I agree, Timvan! I went last year for the first time and had a blast. Since I was in the market for an MC, the guys at Watersports hooked me up with the wakeboarding clinic on Sunday. One of the best days of my life was riding with Zane on his X-Star and getting tips from him on how to improve my (very low) wakeboarding skills. After that I was hooked for life in the MC culture and had to get one. Late in the day, Harley and Zane took turns putting on a show for everyone behind Zane's boat. You haven't seen anything until you watch those guys defy all laws of physics and gravity from the bow of the boat!!

I will definitely be going to the PWT again this year.

Cmpdman
03-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Lake in North UT is still frozen. :(

Stars & Stripes
03-18-2011, 11:29 AM
I am dropping the 45 off at Watersports Central in the morning for its 100 hour service and de-winterization. I will be on Allatoona next weekend for sure.

TN X-45
03-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Allatoona here too. Going to try to talk the wife into hitting it this weekend too! Already bought a life vest for the 9 week old!

Slinkyredfoot
03-18-2011, 06:53 PM
I am heading up to the lake tomorrow for the first time since December. Updating the lake house a bit, taking up a new Hi Def TV, like we ever watch one there, and just checking the house and the grounds out. Glad to be able to be a laker. :cool:

atlfootr
03-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Warming up just in time for PWT stop #1 next week!

Your gonna be the ONLY one there ....
:uglyhamme

Next week??
How about!!!
May 21
Acworth, Georgia
Dallas Landing Park

mccobmd
03-19-2011, 12:26 AM
I'm thinking about it too. Want to snow ski and waterski in the same week. Just got back from Crested Butte, 80's tommorrow with lake about 65. I think I'm going to go for it.

SunCoast 83
03-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Spring has come early to Florida.....gonna be out at it today

gatorguy
03-19-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm thinking about it too. Want to snow ski and waterski in the same week. Just got back from Crested Butte, 80's tommorrow with lake about 65. I think I'm going to go for it.

When I lived in Ut I created my own triathlon. We started by rock climbing in little cottonwood canyon. Then we skied at snowbird. We ended the day with some sets at pineview resivoire. It was a great day. Conditions were not ideal for any of it, but we just wanted to do all thee in one day.

gatorguy
03-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Finally hit the water today. I've been off work since wednesday for the kids spring break. The weather has been teasing us for the last few weeks. I was bound and determined to ski this week. First I had yard work to do. Then yesterday it got up to 85 deg but there was wind >20mph and white caps. This morning I woke up and checked the weather-56 deg. disappointing. An hour later I looked outside and saw there was zero wind so I threw the kids in the suburban hooked up the boat and headed to the lake despite the cold temps. I figured we would just drive around work out any bugs if there were any and let my 13year old practice driving. Well there was glass, not even a ripple, and I couldn't help myself. I skied a few runs, and tried out the new wakeboard. Awesome!!! After seeing me get in the water I couldn't keep the boys out. They all wanted their turn too. We had a great time. There were a few fishermen in coats looking at us like we were nut. They will probably never understand.

4-1/2 month dry spell is broken!

Cmpdman
03-19-2011, 05:29 PM
When I lived in Ut I created my own triathlon. We started by rock climbing in little cottonwood canyon. Then we skied at snowbird. We ended the day with some sets at pineview resivoire. It was a great day. Conditions were not ideal for any of it, but we just wanted to do all thee in one day.

That's great! I'll bet pineview was a little cold - but not too much traffic. That's where I learned to ski - behind my grandfathers 66 HydroSwift.

Barefooter92
03-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Ice went out on Thursday, dock in today! Was in the water for two hours in just a 3mm long suit.

mccobmd
03-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Went to Konawa lake today, wind was 10 to 20, air temp 78, water 68. Not great weather but then again it is a new personal best for out on the lake, March 19th. Most impressive was my 10 year old who got in the water with a shirt, no suit.

ski/hunt
03-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Spent three days with JP and Ann McGinnis ski school in Ft. Lauderdale, water was 70+!! Great people. My every muscle is SORE!!! can't even make my arms strait---but Im getting the rhythm of the course, even made all six!!! (ok 4 were green jr. but I feel a 6 15off @ 30 before may coming)

gatorguy
03-19-2011, 11:21 PM
As much time as I spend in cold water you'd think I'd have a wet or dry suit. It's always been just a pair of trunks though.

east tx skier
03-19-2011, 11:26 PM
Got to ski last weekend. Got my boat back with a new clock, depth/water/air gauge and batter switch today, washed and waxed and changed the impeller. Ready for the season!

mccobmd
03-19-2011, 11:45 PM
I just have a shorty suit but as my smart alec 16yo says "Hey Dad, with your knee brace's it's practically a long suit". Help's for sure.

setidball
03-20-2011, 05:48 PM
My good wife pulled me out of the water several times today…air 45, water 44, sun... sort of. :)

mccobmd
03-20-2011, 11:23 PM
My good wife pulled me out of the water several times today…air 45, water 44, sun... sort of. :)

You are either a real man or have a dry suit. :worthy: Seriously be careful with water temp's below 50 degrees, hypothermia can be a real issue.

josepcedwards
03-20-2011, 11:33 PM
Wow! I had no idea you dude where so close! Caters is my back yard but allatoona is super close too! PWT is always a blast! I go to Knox every year too! Two PWT in a year!!!! Whats better?

setidball
03-21-2011, 12:37 AM
You are either a real man or have a dry suit. :worthy: Seriously be careful with water temp's below 50 degrees, hypothermia can be a real issue.

"Real man"...NOT! Dry suit, fleece, shower, heater...no worries! Good reminder to be prepared with the right gear though. Felt good to get some exercise.

dmminfla
03-21-2011, 08:17 AM
Its supposed to be in the mid 80's tomm and just shy of a full pool at lake Allatoona...

First outing of the season here I come ;)

Tim, we had 5 kids out on feb 19th for my sons birthday. The water was in the 70's air close to 80. Drove by your old house on Pine Tree several times. I even got a pull from the wife.

Shooter McKevin
03-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Tim, we had 5 kids out on feb 19th for my sons birthday. The water was in the 70's air close to 80. Drove by your old house on Pine Tree several times. I even got a pull from the wife.

I got a pull from the wife yesterday too!

Lakes are still frozen.

NoMoreBeggin MC
03-21-2011, 06:04 PM
we've been on allatoona a couple times already. I'm just down here in acworth. cant wait for the tour! it was a blast last year.

timvan
03-23-2011, 07:49 AM

RUB IT IN!!!

We had a great day out on the water, not so much in the cold water (no idea of the temp, but numb would describe it)

We eneded up making good use of some beer flavored beverages while listening to the tunes, we found the water to warm up a bit as we had to urinate... no way would I get in it for any length of time