PDA

View Full Version : Skiing Life Jacket

ctjahn
03-17-2011, 12:10 PM
So, I used to use an old life jacket back in the day to ski...(no not an orange over the shoulder one!!!)

I did borrow someone else's shorty with it built in and that was awesome....Still have an old wet suit (No built in floatation) but I am not sure I am going to break it out any more... (NEON PINK, YELLOW, PURPLE AND GREEN! - Yikes; what was I thinkin)

Any suggestions on what to use now? Doesnt have to be the best, just repectable. Last time I bought one was in the late 80s early 90s

Thx in advance.
Cj

aaron.
03-17-2011, 12:35 PM
:confused:
Probably could have found and bought one in the time it took to ask the question... lol

http://www.the-house.com/vest.html?refine.current=&reset=&pagenumber=&refine.vendor=&refine.shopcategory=&refine.size=&refine.color=&refine.price=&itemsperpage=80

DooSPX
03-17-2011, 01:25 PM
I have the O'Neill Assault. I love it. the Lumbar Support built in is really nice... Works great seeing my back is iffy from an old injury.

Patrick Hardy
03-17-2011, 01:32 PM
What type of vest? Free / open water Skiing? Course skiing? Competition vest? CGA / Non CGA?
Wake board vest? As you can see there are a lot of different style vest now on the market. If you can, go into a few local stores / ski shops and try them on before you buy. If you are near a Costco Store, they sell a good all use HO vest for around $40.00.

ctjahn
03-17-2011, 01:44 PM
What type of vest? Free / open water Skiing? Course skiing? Competition vest? CGA / Non CGA?
Wake board vest? As you can see there are a lot of different style vest now on the market. If you can, go into a few local stores / ski shops and try them on before you buy. If you are near a Costco Store, they sell a good all use HO vest for around $40.00.

Pretty much a born again novice. No compeition. Just a local lakes and such...
I will do more research, but rather than shooting blind I was hoping for some insight...
thanks
cj

Patrick Hardy
03-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Pretty much a born again novice. No competition. Just a local lakes and such...
I will do more research, but rather than shooting blind I was hoping for some insight...
thanks
cj

For good recreational usage, these are good HO vest for a inexpensive price.

http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|111|41614&N=4047995&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=58261&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&topnav=

Sorry about the long web address.

flipper
03-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Your best bet is to go down and try some on and see what's most comfortable for you. I've had good luck with O'neil

mramerman@gmail.com
03-17-2011, 04:13 PM
I bought one of these two years ago and said to myself, "this is one of the single best investments I have made for waterskiing."

Getting pulled out of the water with a comp vest is only second to going without. An enormous difference vis. a full USCG approved jacket. However, it is important to note, just that fact--this is a flotation device and NOT USCG approved.

http://www.oneill.com/#/men/americacanada/collection/men/technical/wake/comp_vests/outlaw_comp_vest/black/

setidball
03-17-2011, 06:18 PM
So, I used to use an old life jacket back in the day to ski...(no not an orange over the shoulder one!!!)

I did borrow someone else's shorty with it built in and that was awesome....Still have an old wet suit (No built in floatation) but I am not sure I am going to break it out any more... (NEON PINK, YELLOW, PURPLE AND GREEN! - Yikes; what was I thinkin)

Any suggestions on what to use now? Doesnt have to be the best, just repectable. Last time I bought one was in the late 80s early 90s

Thx in advance.
Cj

You mean this wet suit????
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/picture.php?albumid=412&pictureid=2772

ctjahn
03-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Add neon pink....

André
03-20-2011, 08:58 AM
You CAN'T go wrong with any O'Neill vest.
Got an Outlaw too and very happy with it.Even if you're not a pro or skiing the course,you'll always appreciate the comfort of the O'Neill stuff,vest,dry and wet suits,rashguards and else.
Don't buy anything with nylon...

east tx skier
03-20-2011, 09:30 AM
You CAN'T go wrong with any O'Neill vest.
Got an Outlaw too and very happy with it.Even if you're not a pro or skiing the course,you'll always appreciate the comfort of the O'Neill stuff,vest,dry and wet suits,rashguards and else.
Don't buy anything with nylon...

Andre, have you tried Eagle yet? I had an O'Neill that I really liked, but the fit of the Eagle vests is incredible.

André
03-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Andre, have you tried Eagle yet? I had an O'Neill that I really liked, but the fit of the Eagle vests is incredible.

No but i will when Brent come skiing here as he bought one with the BOS logo.Did you too?

east tx skier
03-20-2011, 10:44 AM
No, I bought the Eagle 1 front zip last summer.