PDA

View Full Version : Tower Mirror Suggestions

fentong
03-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Hello, I have a New Dimensions Tower (1 7/8") and I am interested in getting an aftermarket tower mount mirror for it. There are several models out there and I wanted to get your input on selection criteria and your experiences. I thought a quick release may be a nice feature but not sure how they hold up over time and if they mount solidly when attached. Also since the NDT is 1 7/8" and most tower mirrors are universal I assume that I end up with a big rubber insert between the clamp and the tower, not sure if that is how they accommodate the different tower diameters.

Please let me know what you think?

Regards,

CantRepeat
03-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Why not one from ND?

fentong
03-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Cant, I e-mailed CLONG@NDT and he said they don't sell mirrors for their towers. That was my preference as well but apparently that option is not available.

nmcjr
03-12-2011, 02:17 PM
The one you see with the quick release is a Mastercraft part, your dealer should be able to get for you. I tried a couple others and ended up with that one, and its not much more expensive than the other choices. It was the only one that I could mount in a usable location and still be able to fold down the tower with the mirror attached. I don't use the quick release, but it is a solid mount point so doesn't cause any issues. It ends up mounting on the lower tower leg.