PDA

View Full Version : Worth trying

ski/hunt
03-08-2011, 12:23 AM
I'm usually not for the read and pass on, but fuel is my largest cost of doing my business--

*******THIS *IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT *WILL SHOW YOU HOW *WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO * * $1.30 PER *GALLON.

This *was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. *It came from one of *his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. *If you are *tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this *summer, take time to read this *please.

Phillip *Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than *the "don't buy gas on a certain day" *campaign that was going *around last April or May!
It's worth your *consideration. *Join the resistance!!!!

I *hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and *it might go higher!! *Want gasoline prices to come *down?

We *need to take some intelligent, united *action. *
The *oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't *continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy *gas .

It *was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for *them.
BUT, whoever *thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. * Please read on and join with *us!

By *now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super *cheap. *Me too! *It is currently $3.08 at Arco and Costco *for regular unleaded in Salem, Oregon and climbing every *week.

Now *that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to *think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we *need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the *marketplace..not sellers.

With *the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to *take action.

The *only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit *someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! *And, we *can do that WITHOUT hurting *ourselves.

How? * Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying *gas.

But *we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a *price war.

Here's *the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from *the two biggest companies (which now are *one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If *they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their *prices. * If they reduce their prices, the other companies will *have to follow suit.

But *to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and *Mobil gas buyers. *It's really simple to do! *Now, don't *wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how *simple it is to reach millions of *people!!

I *am sending this note to 30 people. *If each of us send it to at *least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... *and those 300 send it to at *least ten more (300 x 10 = *3,000)... and *so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we *will have reached over THREE MILLION *consumers .
If *those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, *then 30 million people will have been *contacted!

If *it goes one level further, you guessed it..... *THREE HUNDRED *MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, *all you have to do is send this to 10 people. *That's *all!

(If *you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to *do is send this to 10 people.... *Well, let's face it, you just *aren't a mathematician. *But I am . *so trust me on this *one.

How *long would all that take? *If each of us sends this e-mail out to *ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people *could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 *days!

I'll *bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did *you! * Acting together we *can make a difference.

If *this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. *I suggest *that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE *$2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. *THIS CAN REALLY *WORK.*

thatsmrmastercraft
03-08-2011, 12:44 AM
I never buy from Exon/Mobil. All their record profits pissed me off. Guess I'm not enough of a consumer to make the difference.

muskingumriverdocks
03-08-2011, 02:38 AM
Most of the gas around here is Marathon comes out of Ashland Ky. So I guess I'm doing my part.

2RLAKE
03-08-2011, 07:14 AM
If the NFL can potentially walk out i guess we can walk out on purchasing gas for a few days ...

CantRepeat
03-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Wont they just sell their gas to unnamed markets just like BP did when people didn't from their stations? But we don't have exxon or mobil around here so I guess I'm in.

Barefooter92
03-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Count me in too. I buy Sunoco and Meijer brand.

73blue
03-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Sucks for the local Exxon/Mobil station owners. Kinda like the BP station owners last year. Not their fault.

aquaman
03-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Count me in, I will use Shell and Valero.