PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Boat Cover

Slinkyredfoot
03-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Was out tonight sitting in the boat again and noticed how dirty the cover looked. Never washed this one before and was wondering the best way to get it looking good again. Suggestions would be apperciated. Thanks ;)

CantRepeat
03-06-2011, 06:44 PM
I took my old one down the the local laundromat that had the super big washers. Used some liquid detergent and took it home wet. I put it on the fence to drip dry and then just sprayed it with some scotch guard once it was dry. Seemed to work pretty well.

Need photos of you sitting in the boat drinking a cold one and pondering the dirty cover. lol

east tx skier
03-06-2011, 06:49 PM
I've done the big industrial washer with a double rinse cycle and I have taken it to the car wash. Both work well, but I think the car wash wand is a little gentler on it. Once dry, I use 303 Fabric Guard (Green Label) to re-up the water resistance of the sunbrella.

Slinkyredfoot
03-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Who said I was drinking tonight? This is just what she said when I was greeted at the back door after being AWOL for an hour or so.....thanks for your suggestion my friend, pretty much what I thought I would do. I cannot post photos it would incriminate me.

muskingumriverdocks
03-08-2011, 01:03 AM
I take the canvas off my sumerset to the laundrymat every fall. Use the big front loaders.But I dont use detergent just fabric softener,then hang it up on the clothes line to dry. The guy that made my canvas said it'll last longer this way. It's almost 6 years old and still looks great,although it has faded but VERY little.

ctjahn
01-10-2012, 12:04 PM
I know this has been discussed multiple times.... (found this thread via the search) but... What about a dry cleaner? (did I miss an issue with that?)

Cj