PDA

View Full Version : Need weekend rental house/cabin with boat dock in Oklahoma

gatorguy
03-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Hi all. I need the collective mind of TT to help me have a great summer.

I'm looking for a vacation rental house or cabin on the water with an attached boat dock. Something I can leave the boat in the water over night. We still have little kids and it's so much easier when the big kids can swim off the dock while the baby is napping in the house.

I'm about an hour south of OKC OK. I'm willing to drive up to about 5hrs, but for the perfect place I may drive farther but don't want to. I was looking at Broken Bow, but it looks like none of the cabins are actually on the water. I think I'll still take the boys and head to broken bow and camp one or two weekends once it warms up a bit.

Oh yea, it also needs to have good water and someplace I can drop my course. I'm tired of all the wind around here. It never stops. I guess the wind farm on the other side of our lake should have been my first clue that it is windy here.

Our big trip for the summer is a week on a house boat on Lake Powell. I can't hardly wait!!

mccobmd
03-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Lake Eufala is the best bet. It has private houses with private docks. I know some in the Tulsa area do also but I'm more familar with southern parts. Texoma has lots of places available but very few have their own Docks. I would check with them as that is only about 1 1/2 to 2 hours depending on which part of the lake. If really good water and a course are that important there are several ski clubs with private lakes in the DFW area that are only 2 1/2 hours from Lawton.

ttu
03-05-2011, 07:24 PM
eufaula is going to be the closest you will find. however lake murray does have the "floating cabins"! we go up to table rock and i use vrbo.com to find good deals.

KnoxX2
03-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Got a friend with a house on Norris Lake. PM for the info.

TX.X-30 fan
03-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Check with hooligan..............

Table Rocker
03-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Check with hooligan..............You don't want that, I've heard it is very loud at Hooligan's lake.

gatorguy
03-08-2011, 07:05 PM
Check with hooligan..............

No thanks, I think I'll pass. Although I was wondering if there was a way I could get a little more top end out of my boat. And for that matter a little more growl too. ;)